Atlanta Braves 2012

Cobb

Mark Bowman ‏ @mlbbowman

Chipper has announced he will retire at the end of this season.

Easily my favorite baseball player growing up. Going to be weird not having him on the team.

On another note, it is only fitting that our last home series of this season is against the Mets.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

From what I've been reading up about him, he seems to be solid defensively. Really hope the kid does end up being our shortstop for years to come.

keithlaw ‏@keithlaw

Atlanta calling up SS Andrelton Simmons. 80 arm, 80 glove, 60 run, contact hitter without power.

From what I've been reading up about him, he seems to be solid defensively. Really hope the kid does end up being our shortstop for years to come.

keithlaw ‏@keithlaw

Atlanta calling up SS Andrelton Simmons. 80 arm, 80 glove, 60 run, contact hitter without power.

"Solid" is quite the understatement.

"Solid" is quite the understatement.

Haha, even better.

Ever since I went to the Braves game on Tuesday, I've really gotten back to following the Braves and baseball in general. Been more interested in the NBA playoffs recently to be honest. I can honestly say I'm pretty excited for his debut tonight.

Hope Brian McCann is alright. He got crossed up and took a pitch right to kneecap.

Stephen Strasburg was incredible today throwing seven shutout innings, allowing only four hits and striking out nine.

Braves are now 0-4 against the Nationals so far this year. :(

Braves finally beat the Nationals and snap a six-game losing streak against them. Really nice recovery for Hanson after allowing back-to-back HR's to start off the game.

Off to Miami for another tough series.

Tim Hudson gets a shutout as the Braves ran over the Marlins 11-0. Simmons was magnificent tonight too. Really excited to get to see him live twice next week when the Yankees come in town.

Feels good to be winning again. Andrelton Simmons with another EXCELLENT game, both offensively and defensively. Should definitely see him on SportsCenter Top 10 tonight.

Also, LOL at Michael Bourn tieing his career high in HR's and it's only June 2nd. Contract year!

Not yet, I could easily just buy a ticket to any game, but I haven't tried yet. I need to wait for a good weekend series.

I have been to the stadium, but not for a game.

Crazy game last night. Thought it was over after the "balk" in the sixth inning, turns out the best had yet to come.

Glad to see Smoltz get his number retired. One of the best ever.

Andrelton Simmons with his first career home run today. :)

In other news, Julio Teheran is making a spot start today for Tim Hudson. While I'm not even that excited, bad, I know, I hope he does well.

Well, shit. The good Teheran with good command showed up for four innings, then the Teheran without command made an appearance in the fifth. Best part is, to get out of a bases loaded, one out jam, Fredi brings in LIVAN HERNANDEZ. Who the hell brings in Livan Hernandez to clean up a mess like that?

Wow, what a night. Sat 3B side, about 20 rows back from the on deck circle. SO many New York fans it wasn't even funny. Really no words to describe the game aside from frustrating. Poor Mike Minor. Pitched a hell of a game.

Hope today's game turns out better. Assuming I can get out of work early, me a friend plan on trying to get to Turner Field early enough to get a Craig Kimbrel 2011 Rookie of the Year Bobblehead that they are handing out to the first 20,000 fans.

Damn, yesterday's game was even worse than the game on Tuesday. SO many more Yankee fans in attendance and the "Let's Go Yankees" chants were 10x louder.. I did however manage to get the Craig Kimbrel Bobblehead.

Atlanta Braves ‏@Braves

Livan Hernandez has been designated for assignment and Kris Medlen has been recalled from Gwinnett. Medlen will be in uniform tonight.

LOL. Can't believe he just got stretched out for nothing.

Also, Martin Prado is playing first base tonight against the Orioles. Love how the guy can play virtually any position.