Atlanta Braves 2012

Cobb

GREAT game to watch tonight. Wish I was there. Cobb, my roommate is the braves photographer. He can get us tickets in the players families section if you wanna go.

Oh, hell ya man. I'm always down to go to a Braves game.

Jonny Venters has been placed on the 15-day DL with "left elbow impingement".

Hopefully this is break he needs and can turn things back around. He's really sucked so far this year.

Just when it seems as though the Braves are turning things around (four straight wins), Andrelton Simmons suffers a pinkie injury. I just hope surgery won't be required as it looks like he's going to already be out for a month or so.

Tommy Hanson with one of the weirdest lines I have ever seen.

5 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 7 BB, 7 K 108 pitches, 7 SB allowed

1 run!!

We've been bailing him out all season. It was also his 8th road win of the season. Go figure man.

Barring a trade before Tuesday, Kris Medlen will start in place of Jair Jurrjens who will be moved to the bullpen. I can't really imagine of using him much, if at all. He's essentially getting the Kenshin Kawakami, who had the same thing happen to him back in the 2010 season.

Damn, what a Monday. The Braves finally get a win on a Monday for the first time this season and make a trade for two needs.

OFFICIAL: Braves get OF Reed Johnson, LHP Paul Maholm from Cubs for pitching prospects Arodys Vizcaino, Jaye Chapman

— MLB ‏(@MLB) July 30, 2012

Kind of mixed right now on the deal. While I love that we get a solid pitcher in Maholm and a good bat off the bench in Reed, I still hate having to give up Vizciano. He has the potential to turn into a dominant closer, but then again he could blow out his arm. Pretty even trade though.

• 2 weeks later...

Fredi Gonzalez officially announces that the Braves are going to a six-man rotation through the end of August.

I really like it in this situation, mainly because we don't have any off-days coming up that would put make someone pitch on seven days of rest. It also helps that they're all pretty close in terms of talent so starts aren't being taken away from someone more talented.

• 2 weeks later...

Cobb, how do you put up with Fredi? He is the WORST.

I honestly haven't been able to watch any of the games this series, but am really tempted to turn off my text alerts because the news is never good.

Hell, the most recent one I got said that Cole Hamels hit a ground rule double to deep center scoring two making it 7-1 and it's only the third inning.