Amar'e having MRI for possible back injury

Lol..

Harrellson is brutal to watch, I'm sorry.

This wouldn't be a big deal if Jeffries was playing, but with him out for the next two weeks, this is going to be a lot of Harrellson at the 5, and quite possibly some Jerome Jordan.

Lol..

Harrellson is brutal to watch, I'm sorry.

This wouldn't be a big deal if Jeffries was playing, but with him out for the next two weeks, this is going to be a lot of Harrellson at the 5, and quite possibly some Jerome Jordan.

LOL

I like Jeffries as much as the next guy but he does nothing for you on offense, if Melo goes into a slump and jeffries is on the floor, we aren't winning...need Amar'e

Edited by fish7718

LOL

I like Jeffries as much as the next guy but he does nothing for you on offense, if Melo goes into a slump and jeffries is on the floor, we aren't winning...need Amar'e

No...I meant for a limited time (1-3 gms)....but....the Knicks won like 5 straight without Amare just two months ago.... But without Lin and Amar'e this team just loses all it's depth.

Similar to the Baron injury. Can only cross fingers and hope for the best.

Small lineup tonight with Lin out too.

Baron - Shumpert - Fields - Melo - Chandler

Interested to see if Melo regains his offense without Lin and Amar'e's shot taking

Edited by JYD

Amare gets treatment, traveling with team

By Jared Zwerling

GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- A slither of good news for the Knicks is that Amare Stoudemre was at the Knicks' training facility Monday morning to receive treatment for his bulging disk, and he will travel with the team to Indiana.

Addressing reporters after Monday's practice, Carmelo Anthony said he had talked to Stoudemire and that he was taking it day by day. Obviously Stoudemire will not play against the Pacers Tuesday night, but his ability to get around is a positive sign for a team hobbled recently by injuries. (If his back was worse, his doctors would likely advise bed rest).

Bill Walker is still out with a sore left elbow, along with Jared Jeffries who has right knee inflammation (his time table for returning is still uncertain). Jeremy Lin will have the small chronic meniscal tear in his left knee repaired this week. The Knicks have not confirmed a date for his surgery.

The latest is that Tyson Chandler is still dealing with a sore groin and left wrist injury.

"He's beat up a little bit, too," Mike Woodson said. "Hey, it's a crazy season. You've got four games in five six seven nights. It's tough. We had eight games in 12 days in this past stretch. Everybody was feeling it a little bit, but I thought the effort was there pretty much during that stretch."

Speaking of tough, it will only get tougher. Out of the final 13 games the Knicks have, eight are against teams over .500. Hopefully those 13 aren't as unlucky when it comes to injuries, and Stoudemire, especially, continues to progress.

Source

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm...It seems like he's coming back quickly, although when they show him doing drills and practicing he does look like he's in good shape. Amar'e works real hard, everyone knows that, so I'd be surprised if he doesn't come back and play well.

Amare Stoudemire's back problems must be major; I bet those problems are why more teams were offering Chris Bosh contracts rather than him last year.

Amare Stoudemire's back problems must be major; I bet those problems are why more teams were offering Chris Bosh contracts rather than him last year.

As far as I know, he hurt his back in last year's playoffs. The back was never an issue prior (from my knowledge)...

I think injuries are definitely a concern for Amar'e. Now with the back injury to go with the major eye injury he had that forces him to wear the glasses, as well as the knee surgeries.

• Like 1