D-Will Looks Forward to Free Agency

Universe

http://www.netsdaily.com/2012/4/2/2921718/d-will-looks-forward-to-free-agency

In an interview with Yahoo! Sports, Deron Williams says loyalty will play no role in his decision next summer, that it's about winning. He hasn't ruled out staying with the Nets, but he's none too pleased with Nets fans calling him out via Twitter.

"People say stuff to me on Twitter. They already think I’m gone. They are out there bashing me, saying to me I’m a traitor," said Williams. "I didn’t ask to be here. I got traded. I didn’t come here being a free agent. This is the first time that I’m a free agent in my career."

Williams admits that if Dwight Howard hadn't changed his mind and stayed in Orlando, his decision "probably" would have been made. Billy King and Avery Johnson remain optimistic but writes Marc Spears, the Mavericks are out there. D-Will told Spears, "The fans on Twitter, a lot of Dallas fans on Twitter, tell me to come back home. We’ll see."

At this point I'll be happy when he leaves. Top ten in the NBA but hasn't stopped whining about everything, now including twitter fans? Management has kissed his ass to the point where they traded a top five pick to please him.

I really hope he signs early so we don't sign free agents in hope they'll be playing beside Williams and have wasted all our money for a 7th place team.

Makes me miss Devin Harris. Was nowhere near as good but least he didn't trash his teammates. I don't know how anyone in the room could like the guy who openly admits to reporters that they need better players before the season even starts.

Gonna end up hating Williams more than Dwight by the end of the summer.

I feel a bit bad for the Nets situation. If i were Deron i would have just told the nets i'm not coming back before the deadline and let them trade me then. I know he wants to choose the team he goes to in free agency, but atleast don't absolutely screw over the team your playing for.

• 1 month later...