Phoenix @ Washington

• 2 months later...
  • Owner

Washington needs defense, badly. Phoenix was getting a lot of easy open looks working off of Nash the entire game, especially when Nash drove and kicked it out to a forward 10 feet from the rim, wide open jumper or dunk. Don't get it.

Take Oberto's minutes away and give them to McGee and a few more to Blatche during Jamison's downtime. Oberto was an absolute disgrace this game. I feel like Miller's absence is more impacting than Jamison's for some reason, our backcourt seemed sloppy and even confused at times, and our guards settled for too many bad jumpers.

Take Oberto's minutes away and give them to McGee and a few more to Blatche during Jamison's downtime. Oberto was an absolute disgrace this game. I feel like Miller's absence is more impacting than Jamison's for some reason, our backcourt seemed sloppy and even confused at times, and our guards settled for too many bad jumpers.

What you wrote is

"our guards settled for too many bad jumpers."

What you meant is

Gilbert Arenas is playing exacly like Gilbert Arenas.

The offense is still totally perimeter oriented, there's no interior offense (Jamison can't be a complete excuse, everyone knows the Wizards are injury prone and lack frontcourt depth), and the defense is nonchalante. Same as always, only the excuses will be slightly different this time.

What you wrote is

What you meant is

The offense is still totally perimeter oriented, there's no interior offense (Jamison can't be a complete excuse, everyone knows the Wizards are injury prone and lack frontcourt depth), and the defense is nonchalante. Same as always, only the excuses will be slightly different this time.

I never said Gilbert wasn't doing anything wrong. He, as well as Foye, settled for a lot of questionable shots from mid range when they should have tried to drive for a foul or tried to pass it out. Also, I never used Jamison as an excuse, as I mentioned before that Miller's absence is having a more dramatic affect on our performance than Jamison. Defense is still in issue regardless, but a lack of Mike Miller is a bigger excuse than a lack of Jamison.