Gasol, please pepper the angus

• Owner

If that's not an over-the-back call, I don't know what is. I usually never take up for Gasol, but he had position, clearly.

And the second dunk, which was just as wicked, should have been called an offensive foul as well, but Griffin has been elbowing people (and pushing with his off-hand) most of the season. Gasol did flop a bit both times, made them look a bit worse.

Griffin was my favorite PF to start the season...but now, I'm not even sure if I like watching him anymore.

all the sports media are hyping these dunks like crazy. pretty stupid that i haven't heard a single mention of anyone saying they should have been fouls. The elbow to the face was just awful, but even the over the back was pretty obvious too.

all the sports media are hyping these dunks like crazy. pretty stupid that i haven't heard a single mention of anyone saying they should have been fouls. The elbow to the face was just awful, but even the over the back was pretty obvious too.

for some reason hating on Gasol has become acceptable this year

If that's not an over-the-back call, I don't know what is. I usually never take up for Gasol, but he had position, clearly.

And the second dunk, which was just as wicked, should have been called an offensive foul as well, but Griffin has been elbowing people (and pushing with his off-hand) most of the season. Gasol did flop a bit both times, made them look a bit worse.

Griffin was my favorite PF to start the season...but now, I'm not even sure if I like watching him anymore.

On the second dunk yes it should have been offensive imo.

But the first one no, Blake came from the side and Gasol going up for the rebound managed to get underneath a flying Griffin, Gasol should have been in more of an athletic stance rather than standing straight up hoping for a rebound to land in his hands.

Let the debate begin:

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/2012/images/04/06/0406-blake-ladder-T1.jpg

Blake Griffin has established quite a rep for facials. But have some of them been offensive fouls?

April 5 -- Like everyone else watching the Lakers-Clippers showdown, I immediately picked up my phone with bubbling enthusiasm to text any and every person I knew about the lastest Blake Griffin career moment. And that was in the early minutes of the game. What we couldn't have imagined was another one, arguably the best one of the night, surfacing later in the game -- and they both involved the same victim in Pau Gasol!

From a highlight-driven point of view, the dunks stole the show in LaLa Land. If you prefer to take a "bigger picture" approach like Andrew Bynum and Gasol himself, the Lakers took the W and continue to maintain a lead over the Clippers out West. The early debate centered around which humiliating jam was better. But one of the text responses I got opened up another discussion. It read simply: "Blake is nasty! But the refs have to start watching out for that left arm of his."

That got me to thinking. He does have a knack for warding off (even disrespectfully cuffing the head of Timofey Mozgov) with his left arm, which can result in an offensive foul. Now we're not one to rain on the Blake parade, but it begs asking -- have these plays been offensive fouls?

Growing Victims Unit

Kobe on Griffin's dunk on Pau: "It was a legitimate dunk," Bryant said of the slam on Gasol. "It was a helluva basketball play. But two points is two points." (No foul?) "I don't think so."

http://hoopshype.com/twitter/tag/los_angeles_lakers

Edited by Sℏãℓïʠ