Kentucky Five Entering NBA Draft

Built Ford Tough

Chad Ford ‏ @chadfordinsider

All five UK players -- Anthony Davis, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Terrence Jones, Marquis Teague & Doron Lamb -- have declared for the NBA Draft

Not that it should surprise anybody as the only one that was really any sort of question was Teague, but you know Calipari was pushing him out the door considering Ryan Harrow can play next year after transfering from NC State. So I don't think anybody is really surprised about Teague leaving early, even if it may have been in his best interest to stay another year.

They basically have all of their replacements already in store:

Noel replaces Davis

Harrow replaces Teague

Poythress replaecs MKG

Goodwin replaces Lamb

And once they sign Bennett, he replaces Jones.

I gotta be honest..in watching Noel I don't think he comes anywhere close to the impact that Davis had. Next years team is basically a B grade version of this year's squad.

Do you, or anyone who follows College Basketball closely think Kentucky has a legit chance to repeat despite losing their starting five?

• Owner

Do you, or anyone who follows College Basketball closely think Kentucky has a legit chance to repeat despite losing their starting five?

I wouldn't bet money on it. There will be better squads. UCLA would probably tear them up, as long as they end up playing team ball and not becoming too selfish.

I can see it happening but I wouldn't have them at the top of my rankings. Adding Bennett would help and improve their chances.

It really all depends on if Noel can basically duplicate Davis' impact from last season. They aren't as good as they were last year, but I'd still bet on them being at the very least a consistent top 10 team, more likely a top 5.

I gotta be honest..in watching Noel I don't think he comes anywhere close to the impact that Davis had. Next years team is basically a B grade version of this year's squad.

I'm guessing you are going off of the post season All-Star games, right? I know that is the only time I've seen him play and, yeah, he didn't look as good as Davis did last year.

However, according to high school scouts, Noel is actually a better defensive player than Davis was at the high school level. It has been said that he is the best defensive big since Greg Oden. Davis himself said that Noel is a better shot blocker.

He isn't as good offensively, though. He is still very raw on that end.

I really can't say since I'm probably in the same boat as you in just seeing All-Star games, which are hardly the best medium to make a judgement on a player.

Kentucky remains relevant every year no matter who they lose

Seniority doesnt mean shit for them cause their whole game plan is based around one and done's

They lost Cousins, Bledsoe, John Wall all as freshman only to come back and make the final 4 the next year.

They will still be a top 5 team next year. And they will lose 3-4 guys to the NBA next year only to be a top 5 team again the year after