New Jersey Nets: Do Not Hit the Panic Button

Universe

The New Jersey Nets must not panic.

With yet another offseason of anticipation in order for the team heading across the river, the big question is the decision of a general manager and a star point guard.

The latter of the two has full control over the summer. Whether it’s in Brooklyn, Dallas or even playing with the Harlem Globetrotters, Deron Williams will get paid where he wants.

Billy King, on the other hand, must work.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1154436-new-jersey-nets-do-not-hit-the-panic-button

First NBA article in awhile.

• Like 1

• Owner

Almost sounds like you're giving up on Dwight, from what I get out of the article. I would not be shocked if the Magic just threw their hands in the air and tried to deal him before the draft.

Have you made the transition from "Get Dwight" to "Keep Our Youth and Picks" yet?

Almost sounds like you're giving up on Dwight, from what I get out of the article. I would not be shocked if the Magic just threw their hands in the air and tried to deal him before the draft.

Have you made the transition from "Get Dwight" to "Keep Our Youth and Picks" yet?

I have no problem with getting Dwight and I'd even trade the house if that meant keeping Williams. It's more of a "don't [expletive] the future" for Williams especially when entering a new city.

We could have done the Thunder model having a young and exciting team but aside from Brooks who has his ups and downs, nobody currently on this team is really marketable as a star player outside Williams. If we would have spent off-season's in the draft room going over tapes and having them come in for workouts, it would have been a better investment than creating those two hour movies for the stars who we never got.

I have no problem with getting Dwight and I'd even trade the house if that meant keeping Williams. It's more of a "don't [expletive] the future" for Williams especially when entering a new city.

The problem with that is they basically already did.

If they would've just stood pat last season they could be looking at a lineup of:

C: Lopez

PF: Favors

SF: Barnes or MKG

SG: Brooks

PG: Harris

They would also potentially have the Warriors lottery pick this season depending on where they finish. If it were to have been outside the top 7 you could add Kendall Marshall who would be a very good fit for this team.

Instead there is a great possibility that they will enter next season with a lineup of:

PF: Humphries

SF: James

PG: Farmar

They would basically be right back where they were after trading Carter and these last two years would've been virtually a complete write off.

I'm not blaming them for making the Williams trade as it is a worthwhile risk and if they do somehow manage to keep him, it will be a risk that paid off, but if he leaves they are in a brutal position.

If they would've just stood pat last season they could be looking at a lineup of:

They would also potentially have the Warriors lottery pick this season depending on where they finish. If it were to have been outside the top 7 you could add Kendall Marshall who would be a very good fit for this team.

Instead there is a great possibility that they will enter next season with a lineup of:

PF: Humphries

SF: James

PG: Farmar

They would basically be right back where they were after trading Carter and these last two years would've been virtually a complete write off.

I'm not blaming them for making the Williams trade as it is a worthwhile risk and if they do somehow manage to keep him, it will be a risk that paid off, but if he leaves they are in a brutal position.

They did and can make that roster look much worse. Another "Travis Outlaw" could happen for the sake of getting a brand name heading into NY and be stuck with that for years.

I have no qualms with the Williams trade as we were mere hours away from getting Dwight to join him but trading for Wallace was a huge mistake. Wallace is a heck of a player but for where that pick will land and what direction the team should have been focusing on, makes very little sense.

Yeah, I didn't understand getting Gerald Wallace, either. Maybe if he was 23 years old, but it just seemed out of desperation, to prove to D-Will that you're willing to make moves.

That's exactly why they did it. They have kissed his ass since they got him and he's really done nothing in return. I really don't care if he stays but losing that pick might make next season terrible to even watch.

Wouldn't they also have Kanter/Valanciunas/Thompson/Knight? Their pick from last year?