2012 NFL Draft Grades

htownborn

Whitney Mercilus, DE/OLB (We lost Mario so we needed someone to take his spot so in comes Mercilus. I like this pick he's versatile and helps with our pass rush not to mention he had 16 sacks, 9 forced fumbles, and 22.5 tackles for losses last year with Illinois. The one problem that everyone seems to have with him is that he's a one year wonder though I think he won't have a problem adjusting to the NFL intact I think he will get better. I have heard some comparing him to Jason Pierre-Paul and Aldon Smith becuase of how agile, strong, and athletic he is. I really hope that's true.)

DeVier Posey, WR (I have mixed feelings about taking Posey especially when we had the chance to draft Rueben Randle in the second or get Sanu when we traded down. Don't get me wrong he was a productive player while playing but I felt we could have gotten better value at where we was and not to mention he only played 2 games all of last year. However before he missed all of last year he was projected to be a late first or early second round pick in last years draft had he declared so we may have gotten a steal at least I'm hoping but will just have to wait and see.)

Brandon Brooks, OG (I like this guys potential and body for an OG he probably could start right away with us but he will need to get a little quicker since that was one of the concerns with many scouts on his play.)

Ben Jones, C (He adds depth to out thin O-line and he can play both center and OG for us. From what I've heard he's perfect for our zone blocking scheme.)

Keshawn Martin, WR (I don't know much about this guy but from the highlight's I've seen I like his potential he adds depth to our receivers and I'm assuming he may be out new kick returner. From what I've heard he's quick and explosive and he's good catching short passes so he should be good in our offense since we do a lot of check downs , screens, and play actions.)

Jared Crick, DT (I like this pick as well he was considered a 1st round prospect until he got injured. He can give Cody competition for playing time at NT. He's another player who could possibly be a still for us especially if he can stay healthy

Randy Bullock, K (I really don't like drafting kickers but since Rackers left and we were in position to take one I guess it's O.K.)

Nick Mondek, OT (I don't know and can't say much about this dude but he adds depth at OT and can hopefully be competition for Rashad Butler at RT)

Overall Grade:B ( This was a decent draft for us we addressed most of our needs but I felt we could have gotten better receivers but will just have to wait and see how Posey and Martin pan out.)

Winners

Eagles (I think the biggest winner may be the Eagles I really love the picks of Fletcher Cox, Mychal Kendricks, and Vinny Curry for them. These are 3 guys that should hep the Eagles defense right away.) Grade: A

Rams (The Rams are another team that I think made good additions to there team. Of course they added my boy Brock then they surprised me by drafting Brian Quick as early as they did back door and took a chance on Janoris Jenkins. I also like the addition of Isiah Pead to help Steven Jackson carry the load in the back field and Trumaine Johnson could be a diamond in the rough.) Grade:B+

The Bucs and Giants are 2 other teams I felt that had really good drafts

Losers

I really don't have any losers other than the Saints since they couldn't draft until the 3rd round. The Seahawks did reach and took Bruce Irvin at #15 but I'm going to try and not hold that against them since he is considered one of the better pass rushing prospects.

Edited by htownborn

Based on our first 3 picks alone I'd give the Packers at least a B+. I love the guys we brought in on defense, they can all make an impact instantly especially Perry and Worthy.

Dolphins had a pretty good draft. We got Tannehill to develop in a system he already knows, got an athletic O-Line in Jonathan Martin, we got a TE who attacks the middle of the field, got Olivier Vernon and Lamar Miller at really good picks, and picked up some other guys I have never heard of, but I hope they are good.

My one complaint was not picking a WR in the 3rd-4th round, although we got good players there, we could have gotten one decently rated WR.

Dolphins had a pretty good draft. We got Tannehill to develop in a system he already knows, got an athletic O-Line in Jonathan Martin, we got a TE who attacks the middle of the field, got Olivier Vernon and Lamar Miller at really good picks, and picked up some other guys I have never heard of, but I hope they are good.

My one complaint was not picking a WR in the 3rd-4th round, although we got good players there, we could have gotten one decently rated WR.

I heard Jake Long might be on way out after u guys drafted Jonathan Martin.

I heard Jake Long might be on way out after u guys drafted Jonathan Martin.

Ireland said in an interview at the end of the draft that he plans to keep Jake Long here for a long time. He is going to be a pain in the ass in terms of money, but he is one of the best O-Line men in the game.

Jake Long is a LT, Martin is going to play RT for them.

Jake Long - T - Dolphins

NEWS: South Florida Sun-Sentinel columnist Mike Berardino believes LT Jake Long is on "shaky ground" with the Dolphins.

ANALYSIS:  Berardino believes Long — who is entering the final year of his rookie contract — is "about to get caught in the vortex of this sweeping Dolphins overhaul." Miami drafted Stanford OT Jonathan Martin in the second round, and GM Jeff Ireland says the team is adopting a different philosophy along its line. "We're not going to be as much a power scheme as we've been in the past." However, Ireland also insisted Long can "transfer to any scheme." Berardino's dot connecting is not illogical, but we're skeptical an embattled organization like Miami will be willing to let a former No. 1 overall pick and four-time Pro Bowler get away.

Jake Long - T - Dolphins

NEWS: South Florida Sun-Sentinel columnist Mike Berardino believes LT Jake Long is on "shaky ground" with the Dolphins.

ANALYSIS: Berardino believes Long — who is entering the final year of his rookie contract — is "about to get caught in the vortex of this sweeping Dolphins overhaul." Miami drafted Stanford OT Jonathan Martin in the second round, and GM Jeff Ireland says the team is adopting a different philosophy along its line. "We're not going to be as much a power scheme as we've been in the past." However, Ireland also insisted Long can "transfer to any scheme." Berardino's dot connecting is not illogical, but we're skeptical an embattled organization like Miami will be willing to let a former No. 1 overall pick and four-time Pro Bowler get away.

Interesting, hadn't heard those rumors but you gotta keep Jake Long. He's a top OT and it'd be crazy to put faith in Martin over a proven guy like him who's entering the prime of his career.

Jake Long - T - Dolphins

ANALYSIS:  Berardino believes Long — who is entering the final year of his rookie contract — is "about to get caught in the vortex of this sweeping Dolphins overhaul." Miami drafted Stanford OT Jonathan Martin in the second round, and GM Jeff Ireland says the team is adopting a different philosophy along its line. "We're not going to be as much a power scheme as we've been in the past." However, Ireland also insisted Long can "transfer to any scheme." Berardino's dot connecting is not illogical, but we're skeptical an embattled organization like Miami will be willing to let a former No. 1 overall pick and four-time Pro Bowler get away.

"I have plans to keep Jake Long here for a long time. We drafted Jonathan Martin to be a right tackle on this football team," Jeff Ireland said.

Got that from Omar Kelly who covers the Dolphins.

I'm sure that's the intention of the GM who took him 1st overall a few years ago. Hopefully he'll fit under the new coach and his new offensive blocking scheme and they'll be able to make that come true.

Well we need to either pay him or Cameron Wake, all depends on who has a bigger impact on the team this season. I doubt we are willing to pay both of them the money they will be asking for.

I give Steelers A+

We upgraded our o-line which was much needed because we need to protect Ben... We went and got a NT which was a big need because Casey Hampton is playing his last year on his contract since hes 35. And I like that LB we drafted in 3rd round... He can be a future starter.

The draft is now over so I want to take time to reflect on my teams picks and grade them. I also want to know who does everyone think was the winners and losers of this years draft.

The Texans picked up a kid I used to play sports with and go to school with named Shawn Louiseau.

There's nothing but praise for him on the Texans board so far, so I'm looking forward to seeing if he makes the squad or not.

He got really screwed over with his legal issues though. If what happened here in MA happened in Texas he would be praised a hero.

-Punks follow him home because he had his high beams on.

-His dad falls down the steps when hearing commotion outside.

-Shawn thinks they hit his dad.

-Punks hit him in the head with a metal pipe and cause him to need 20+ stitches.

-He gets hit with the pipe in the head, and proceeds to put one of the phaggots in a coma.

http://boards.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?t=31091

Edited by BeeBeeSee

The Texans picked up a kid I used to play sports with and go to school with named Shawn Louiseau.

There's nothing but praise for him on the Texans board so far, so I'm looking forward to seeing if he makes the squad or not.

I never heard of him but from this highlights I think he would be good enough to make the team or at least make our practice squad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zulShxeL1pw

It looks like he has a very high motor and that's a good thing for our D. He looks good on ST's to he kinda of remind's me of Bryan Braman

He got really screwed over with his legal issues though. If what happened here in MA happened in Texas he would be praised a hero.

-Punks follow him home because he had his high beams on.

-His dad falls down the steps when hearing commotion outside.

-Shawn thinks they hit his dad.

-Punks hit him in the head with a metal pipe and cause him to need 20+ stitches.

-He gets hit with the pipe in the head, and proceeds to put one of the phaggots in a coma.

http://boards.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?t=31091

Just read his story damn that's bad business but the Texan's showed me that their not bothered with legal issues when they drafted DeVier Posey. And from the story I read he really hasn't gotten into any big trouble other than this incident so i don't think that should be a big deal.

I give Steelers A+

We upgraded our o-line which was much needed because we need to protect Ben... We went and got a NT which was a big need because Casey Hampton is playing his last year on his contract since hes 35. And I like that LB we drafted in 3rd round... He can be a future starter.

Sean Spence is a beast. You guys are going to love him, he's a perfect fit for the Steelers.