B-Diddy - Partially torn patella, torn ACL/MCL

Alan Hahn ‏ @alanhahn

#Knicks announce MRI revealed partial tear of patella tendon and complete tears of ACL and MCL for Baron Davis. Out 12 months. Wow. #fb

It was a great career, Baron. So sad to see this. Absolute Warrior (pun intended).

Yeah man Baron is a tough dude and played his heart out in the few months he was with the Knicks. He's always been one of my favorite players.

Although it never really worked out with Baron as a Knick, he did give a great effort and you can't fault him for that.

If anyone ever questions his commitment to basketball and fitness, he didn't know if he would be able to walk back in the beginning of December., and the Knicks took a chance on him. He played through some pain I'm sure, albeit ineffective at times on the court, you could never question his effort and Knick fans always appreciate that after many years of guys giving no effort.

Yeah, he is robably done.

Second ACL/MCL tear (tore both back in college, I believe) and his back troubles are well known.

He had a productive career, but I can't help to wonder just how good he would've been had he been able to stay healthy and not blow his knee out in college. He really had a freakish combination of size (for the point), strength, explosiveness and speed. His best year in the league was back in 2003-04 when he put up 22.9 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 7.5 apg and 2.4 spg with a 20.1 PER. His efficiency was poor (49.5 TS%) and I would be willing to bet if he was able to stay healthy throughout his career we would've saw more seasons like this one. He would likely never be a very efficient player as his jumper was way too streaky, but still, I think he could've had prime averages of around:

24/5/8/2.5 on around a 52-53 TS%

All things considered, he did manage to have a successful career and it sucks that it will end much like it began, battling injuries.

http://theknickswall.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Baron_DavisKnee_Injury_Knicks.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QoZ1_EWG4s

OUCH!

Super shitty break, I dont see him having the heart to do all that shit over again. I feel for ya Baron! It was fun watching your shenanigans.

Edited by ChosenOne