Dwyane Wade's hit on Darren Collison

Real Deal

The difference is one is from a superstar, and another is from a player not many people know of. Wade will get off easy because he can't be suspended for the playoffs.

The thing that I take out of this is the continued downfall of Wade's image, at least in my eyes. Ever since LBJ has come to Miami, he just seems like a different player AND person. Steven A Smith had a few good points about this during a First Take episode.

A superstar should be above a foul like that, specifically on someone as small as Collison. There's a million other ways to go about fouling him that don't involve carelessly shoving him to the ground like that.

A bigger problem is seeing Wade complain. You know what you did was dirty; shut up, and let the Pacers get their free throws.

Edited by Cleveland's Finest

Because its the playoffs and Collison got right back up. This series is very physical, probably the most physical series we'll have all playoffs unless Miami and Boston play. Flagrant 1 is enough IMO.

First off I don't think this can even be compared to the Griffin one. Definitely not that serious.

And for the ones who saw this live as soon as the break happened collision saw wade running full speed down the floor and purposely cut him off. He was going to get run over if he slowed down and that's what happened. Nothing more should be done it was the correct call by the refs.

• Like 1

First off I don't think this can even be compared to the Griffin one. Definitely not that serious.

And for the ones who saw this live as soon as the break happened collision saw wade running full speed down the floor and purposely cut him off. He was going to get run over if he slowed down and that's what happened. Nothing more should be done it was the correct call by the refs.

Your objectivity is appreciated.

I didn't notice, but you do see that Collison steps in front of Wade like a moron. Wade was cutting towards the middle of the court and Collison stepped in front of him....was the hit intentional? Probably, but it probably came into Wade's mind when Collison got in front of him. Not much else can happen when you are running full speed and a guy steps directly in front of you.

Edited by SRV

Reasons why it wasnt a suspension

1) Wasn't suspension worthy, esp. in the playoffs.

2) His name is Dwayne Wade.

3) Collison didn't act like a car ran over him on the collision.

4) Collison got right back up.

• Owner

How is it not as serious? This one came without Collison seeing it or even having a chance to prepare for it, and Wade was moving just as fast as Jason Smith was, i f not faster.

The difference was that Collison didn't flop in an attempt to make Wade look like a bad ass...and instead, it was Collison that stood right back up and let Wade know he's a [expletive] for what he did. Nearly the same exact hit.

If Blake Griffin was in the air, ready to dunk, and Smith hit him...that's much different, but he wasn't.

Wade is lucky he didn't injure Collison's neck, because it snapped back quicker than LeBron's fake flop on that Chandler screen.

Suspend Wade for one game (even just one), and you lose viewers, and Miami loses Game 3. That's all it's about.

The only reason it can't be compared with Griffin's flop is because Blake made it look 10 times more worse than it was. Flopping at it's best.

Then should we suspend Westbrook?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-CSttSpSjY

He grabbed a guy in the air.

Westbrook isn't approaching LeBron with any momentum.

Wade trucked over Collison while Westbrook actually slowed down to foul a guy twice his size.

Then should we suspend Westbrook?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-CSttSpSjY

He grabbed a guy in the air.

Not even similar.....at all.

Westbrook put his hands on the side of LeBron in a non-aggressive manner, and doesn't pull him down.

Wade was going pretty fast and cheap-shotted Collison.

Edited by BeeBeeSee

How is it not as serious? This one came without Collison seeing it or even having a chance to prepare for it, and Wade was moving just as fast as Jason Smith was, i f not faster.

The difference was that Collison didn't flop in an attempt to make Wade look like a bad ass...and instead, it was Collison that stood right back up and let Wade know he's a [expletive] for what he did. Nearly the same exact hit.

If Blake Griffin was in the air, ready to dunk, and Smith hit him...that's much different, but he wasn't.

Wade is lucky he didn't injure Collison's neck, because it snapped back quicker than LeBron's fake flop on that Chandler screen.

Suspend Wade for one game (even just one), and you lose viewers, and Miami loses Game 3. That's all it's about.

Collision not flopping only hurts him. He's a [expletive]ing idiot for getting back up quickly not a badass.

And yes wade was moving fast but Collison did know it was coming as he clearly ran I front of him and then slowed down, so he was a bit prepared for it. And it's different from the Smith foul in the manner than Wade didn't throw his shoulder down going into Collison as Smith did. he literally just ran into Collison and then sorta forearm shoved him after the initial contact.

Collision not flopping only hurts him. He's a [expletive]ing idiot for getting back up quickly not a badass.

YOU ARE DUMB FOR NOT EMBELLISHING. FLOPPING > DUMMIE COLLISON

And it's different from the Smith foul in the manner than Wade didn't throw his shoulder down going into Collison as Smith did. he literally just ran into Collison and then sorta forearm shoved him after the initial contact.

True, Smith, who gives up 11 pounds, lowered his shoulder while running into Griffin.. while Wade, who holds a 60 pound advantage over Collison, threw a forearm shiver.. lol

YOU ARE DUMB FOR NOT EMBELLISHING. FLOPPING > DUMMIE COLLISON

True, Smith, who gives up 11 pounds, lowered his shoulder while running into Griffin.. while Wade, who holds a 60 pound advantage over Collison, threw a forearm shiver.. lol

Lol yes I'm dumb then. Why wouldn't you flop your ass of to get the opposing teams second best player out for the game is not more? It would have been smart to flop and act like you got hurt.

And I'm confused. Smith did lower his shoulder, while wade didn't. What the [expletive] is your point?

Lol yes I'm dumb then. Why wouldn't you flop your ass of to get the opposing teams second best player out for the game is not more? It would have been smart to flop and act like you got hurt.

Smell like a buncha [expletive] to me!

And I'm confused. Smith did lower his shoulder, while wade didn't. What the [expletive] is your point?

So is the only criteria a lowered shoulder? Forearm shivers don't count? Look at how mad you are getting..

Chosen school of officiating:

-11 pounds, "lowers shoulder" while committing foul after a turnover. Verdict: DIRTY!!

http://i.imgur.com/8dIPV.png

+60 pounds, "extends elbow through hit" while committing foul after a non-call on offense. Verdict: NOTHING TO SEE HERE!!!

http://i.imgur.com/6u5Ol.png

• Like 1