2012 NBA Draft Lottery

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

haha the Nets franchise is [expletive]ed for a few years at least, if D Will doesn't come back they are going to have to over pay brook just to pair him with brooks and now no pick. D Will better at least get signed and traded if they lose him.

Lol @ New Orleans getting the first pick.

Poor Charlotte, just missed, at least they get a nice pick.

Damn the Hornets would be set for the future if that happens.

They are set for the future regardless as far as I am concerned.

I really don't see a scenario where they don't end up with one of Marshall or Lillard. Either way, they are coming out golden.

I just threw Marshall's name out there instead of Lillard's because I think his playmaking would be a better fit for guys like Davis, Gordon, Ariza and Okafor. Either way they come out looking absolutely fantastic, assuming they re-sign Gordon.

They need Eric Gordon to come back at a reasonable price, if that happens, life after CP3 looks bright...

If they get Gordon back, do they have the brightest future in the league?

You can't overlook OKC but in terms of non playoff teams, I think they would have easily the brightest.

If they get Gordon back, do they have the brightest future in the league?

You can't overlook OKC but in terms of non playoff teams, I think they would have easily the brightest.

Cavs too they got Kyrie Tristian and Barnes/Gilchrist/Beal

Nice trio to build around

Do you know how the lottery is run?

There are representatives from all 14 teams in the room as well as an independent auditor watching them run the lottery. If the NBA were to rig the lottery for the Hornets, all other 13 people in the room would have to be in on the fix.

I fully admit to believing in the conspiracy about how the lottery is rigged, but looking at it rationally, there really is no way that the league would be able to get away with it based on how the lottery is run.

• Like 1

Do you know how the lottery is run?

There are representatives from all 14 teams in the room as well as an independent auditor. If the NBA were to rig the lottery for the Hornets, all other 13 people in the room would have to be in on the fix.

I fully admit to believing in the conspiracy about how the lottery is rigged, but looking at it rationally, there really is no way that the league would be able to get away with it based on how the lottery is run.

its a private draft, unless i see it i don't believe it.

its a private draft, unless i see it i don't believe it.

It isn't private. There are at least 20 people in the room including GM's, journalists and auditors.

For instance, Raptors beat writer Doug Smith was representing the Raptors in the drawing last year. The Raptors fell from 3rd to 5th and saw Cleveland jump from 8th to 1st. If the lottery was rigged, why would he keep quiet about that? He also came out and said it would be impossible for the league to rig the lottery as long as they continue to run it that way.

But there really is no point in arguing if you are going to take that stance, though. If you don't see it, it is rigged. Fair enough.