Bobcats Trim Coaching Search to Sloan, Shaw and Snyder

CHARLOTTE, N.C. — The Charlotte Bobcats are inching closer to naming a new head coach after trimming their coaching search three — Jerry Sloan, Brian Shaw and Quin Snyder, said a person familiar with the situation.

The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because the team has not made its list of candidates public.

Bobcats owner Michael Jordan will meet with Shaw, an assistant with the Indiana Pacers, and Snyder, an assistant with the Los Angeles Lakers, at some point this week. Sloan has already met with Jordan.

The previous candidates, other than Sloan, had interviewed with president of basketball operations Rod Higgins and general manager Rich Cho.

Eliminated from consideration were Orlando assistant coach Patrick Ewing, Charlotte assistant Stephen Silas, ex-Portland coach Nate McMillan, Golden State assistant Michael Malone, Cleveland assistant Nate Tibbetts, Memphis assistant Dave Joerger and St. John’s University assistant Mike Dunlap.

http://news.bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/other_nba/view/20120612source_bobcats_trim_coaching_search_to_3/srvc=home&position=recent

If I had to guess I'd say Shaw is the most likely. Sloan is obviously the best of the bunch by a wide margin, but I would imagine that he will hold out for a better job than the Bobcats.

Man, I can't picture Jerry Sloan taking this job. He's setting himself up for failure.

Even a guy like Brian Shaw who's looking to make a name for himself as a Head Coach in the NBA...this job could certainly make or break him (at least for the next few years)...

Although, I doubt you could do any worse than this last season...