Source: Bobcats want James Harden with #2 pick

One source said that Oklahoma City's James Harden could be in play due to the Thunder's salary situation following next season. GM Sam Presti already has Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook on the books for more than $29 million next season -- and both Harden and Serge Ibaka will command huge contracts after the 2012-13 campaign.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/19352135/charlotte-looking-to-deal-no-2-pick

That's actually really interesting. Not sure if OKC can afford to keep Harden in the future, so they may consider it, although I'm sure it'd be tough to find anyone who will be as good as Harden. He's turned out to be a damn good player.

• Owner

Beal would be the only guy I'd consider if I had to replace Harden, but to be honest, I wouldn't trade Harden for any rookie in this draft, aside from Davis. Maybe down the road, of course, but not as rooks.

I think you guys are overrating Harden a bit. You cant find someone as good or better then him with the 2nd overall pick in this draft? This must be a horrible draft class then.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ELFl2_1q7DI/TObn1HnV2fI/AAAAAAAAAaQ/5JkvAtpbv7k/s1600/Not_sure_if_serious.jpg

• Like 2

I think you guys are overrating Harden a bit. You cant find someone as good or better then him with the 2nd overall pick in this draft? This must be a horrible draft class then.

Draft isn't horrible, Harden is just that good. Why take the chance when you'd just be hoping to get someone as good as Harden eventually anyways?

Draft isn't horrible, Harden is just that good. Why take the chance when you'd just be hoping to get someone as good as Harden eventually anyways?

A top 3 pick should land you a franchise player. I dont think Harden is that or ever will be.

Have you looked at the draft class? It's not bad, James Harden is just better then anyone after the #1 pick. Tell me who you think is or has a high likely hood of being better then him after the 1st pick.

A top 3 pick should land you a franchise player. I dont think Harden is that or ever will be.

The following players were all drafted in the top three in their respective draft classes going back to 2004. How many of these players are "franchise players". I'm counting four true franchise players at this point, with there also being other all-star players.

How many of those players are better than Harden?

Dwight Howard

Emeka Okafor

Ben Gordon

Andrew Bogut

Marvin Williams

Deron Williams

Andrea Bargnani

LaMarcus Aldridge

Adam Morrison

Greg Oden

Kevin Durant

Al Horford