If you have to trade Carmelo or Amare...

• Owner

The general idea is that Carmelo and Amare aren't fit for each other. Phil Jackson has stated it, Stephen A. Smith just let everyone know it's true...and other personalities (Skip Bayless, Kurt Rambis, Tim Legler and Magic Johnson) have all made similar statements.

So, let's assume you're going to trade one.

1) Which are you trading this summer? And...

2) What are you wanting in return, as far as specific player(s) OR position(s) on the floor?

First off i dont think anyone should get moved, its not an idea that should be scrapped so quick.

But i do think if anyone is going to get traded it should be Amare, because Melo is just a much better player than him. For what position he should get traded for imo it should be for another PF. But this PF should be alot better defensively and rebounding wise, cant really think of a team this would work with but it would be with something like that.

There is no way the Knicks trade Melo after basically trading away all their assets just to acquire him. That would just be absurd. The only extreme scenario in which you do that is if you get a player of equal caliber and that wont happen.

Knicks will probably give the current squad another go under coach Woodson. But if they had to trade one of these guys it would most certainly be Amare. The only teams that should even consider trading for him are those which have a superstar pg because that's the only ways you are going to maximize his talents.

1) Which are you trading this summer? And...

Absolutely Amar'e. I don't think he's a player you can win a championship win. He plays no defense, far less than Carmelo at least, and he has several ailing injuries.

2) What are you wanting in return, as far as specific player(s) OR position(s) on the floor?

I'd prefer a PG in return, but I'd take a rebounding PF who can play good defense...or even a pick at this point.

He's impossible to trade though, so unfortunately this thread is all hypothetical.