Brooklyn Nets Draft Discussion

Real Deal

• Owner

I realize the Nets are basically screwed in this upcoming draft, losing their pick to Portland...but instead of discussing what impact player they will get at #57 (lol), do you think the Nets will make an attempt to land a lottery pick, or a mid-first, hoping to satisfy D-Will? Could they deal Brook Lopez for a lotto pick, or do you think teams will shrug that idea off?

Nets said they will buy a pick depending on whose still there. I don't think it's to lure Williams to stay because even the 6th pick would have little-to-know impact on his decision.

With the 57th, I could see them drafting European and letting him stay there for a year or two. I'd love Kris Joseph. He's a Syracuse product and also Canadian which is great for marketing and a heck of a player too.

I have read that King is trying to pick up veteran pieces to convince DWill to stay. There is the possibility of us getting a first round pick but it won't be a lottery pick (probably somewhere in the 20s). Also, I don't see us dealing Lopez. A decent big man is hard to come by. Trust me, we just watched Sh. Williams and Petro play C for a year. You never know with BK though lol

Edited by Guru

There is quite a bit of talk that there are some teams looking to sell their picks. I can't remember which teams were specifically named (Memphis is the only one I can remember, Indy might've been mentioned as well) so if the Nets are looking to just buy a pick I imagine it would be in that range.

Should be interesting to see what moves are made. The only thing for certain is the Nets are going to be taking someone from overseas even if it's not with the 57th pick. So much emphasis on European scouting, it would be a waste not to take the gamble.

Nets said they will buy a pick depending on whose still there. I don't think it's to lure Williams to stay because even the 6th pick would have little-to-know impact on his decision.

who's*

little to no*

You're a journalist, I'm helping you perfect your craft. Stop taking it as an insult, if that helps you the next time you do it we both win.

In any event, you're welcome.

I had two hours of sleep last and wrote the entire day. Last thing I do is come here for more grammar shit.

You dropped out of school to be a journalist and poo-poo at people providing constructive criticism pertaining to your field?

Whatever. Noted. Won't happen again.

Constructive criticism on a message board topic about draft thread that you didn't add anything too except grammar? If it's an article I wrote I'd love the help but have the people on here stil type lik dis.

Anyway it all depends on Deron which sucks. If he leaves then we have a very large hole to fix and would benefit even buying a pick in the first round to take the chance of a point guard.

Constructive criticism on a message board topic about draft thread that you didn't add anything too except grammar?

To*

And yep, sorry, figured you would be able to appreciate the CC without taking offense, guess I was wrong, I apologize

To*

And yep, sorry, figured you would be able to appreciate the CC without taking offense, guess I was wrong, I apologize

There is no offense taking I just don't see the point when you post zero information on the actual topic.

Someone who is intriguing late in the draft is Tomas Satoransky. He's 6'7 and can play the point. If Teletovic can't be brought over, Leon Radosevic would be another solid pickup in the later rounds.