GM4: Oklahoma City at Miami

Real Deal

Scott Brooks was completely aloof all game. Didn't even bother telling his players not to foul after the jump ball.

What a horrid game from Durant. Despite not guarding LeBron (which is beyond me), he was still passive as hell, didn't bother crashing the boards, and somehow managed to play terrible defense. This game felt oddly similar to the past 2 years for OKC, too much iso basketball, and not enough player movement. Can't understand why Brooks didn't run KD off more screens to free him up.

Harden had an off game offensively because he wasted so much energy guarding LeBron. Again, this goes back to Durant..

Disagree with the Durant part. Although he was non existent rebounding (not sure why), he still had, what, 28 points on 50% shooting? Something like that...

Westbrook had it going tonight, he had the hot hand. I didn't think Durant was too passive. I just thought Westbrook was the guy tonight, and rightfully so, I didn't really have a problem with that.

Harden wasn't bad offensively because he guarded LeBron. That's really giving him a pass. He missed a layup on a fastbreak because he wasted energy guarding LeBron? He missed countless three pointers that were wide open because he was guarding James? You want to talk passive, how about Harden's 15 footer towards the end? Almost lost the dribble then chucked it up because he was so open.

Disagree with the Durant part. Although he was non existent rebounding (not sure why), he still had, what, 28 points on 50% shooting? Something like that...

Westbrook had it going tonight, he had the hot hand. I didn't think Durant was too passive. I just thought Westbrook was the guy tonight, and rightfully so, I didn't really have a problem with that.

Harden wasn't bad offensively because he guarded LeBron. That's really giving him a pass. He missed a layup on a fastbreak because he wasted energy guarding LeBron? He missed countless three pointers that were wide open because he was guarding James? You want to talk passive, how about Harden's 15 footer towards the end? Almost lost the dribble then chucked it up because he was so open.

In no way am I using Harden guarding Bron as an excuse for his poor play, because well, he's been terrible basically the entire series. But what I'm trying to point out is the decision to put Harden on Bron essentially 90% of the game.. it just boggles my mind. And it did take a toll on him, there were a few times where I saw him jogging up the court and not getting back on defense quick enough.

Westbrook had it going sure, but there's no reason for Durant to be taking so many contested jumpers. He needs to get in the lane and post up more often. I can't even count the number of plays Battier denied Durant the ball, and KD did absolutely nothing to counter it. If his rebounding numbers don't convince you, I don't know what to tell you.

Fact is, Durant has to be on LeBron in game 5, because they have no answer for him on the block. You can't put Harden on him because he's too small, and you can't put Thabo on him because he's too skinny. Durant's length is the only thing OKC can use against him.

In no way am I using Harden guarding Bron as an excuse for his poor play, because well, he's been terrible basically the entire series. But what I'm trying to point out is the decision to put Harden on Bron essentially 90% of the game.. it just boggles my mind. And it did take a toll on him, there were a few times where I saw him jogging up the court and not getting back on defense quick enough.

Westbrook had it going sure, but there's no reason for Durant to be taking so many contested jumpers. He needs to get in the lane and post up more often. I can't even count the number of plays Battier denied Durant the ball, and KD did absolutely nothing to counter it. If his rebounding numbers don't convince you, I don't know what to tell you.

Fact is, Durant has to be on LeBron in game 5, because they have no answer for him on the block. You can't put Harden on him because he's too small, and you can't put Thabo on him because he's too skinny. Durant's length is the only thing OKC can use against him.

I agree Durant needs to guard LeBron and the decision to put Harden on LeBron is stupid.

I still just disagree about Durant. He was far from great, not saying that, but he still had a good game. He really can't be pinned for the blame. This loss, for me, really goes on guys like Fisher, Harden, Sefolsha, and Ibaka. These guys just didn't show up, and really haven't for the majority of the series.

I agree Durant needs to guard LeBron and the decision to put Harden on LeBron is stupid.

I still just disagree about Durant. He was far from great, not saying that, but he still had a good game. He really can't be pinned for the blame. This loss, for me, really goes on guys like Fisher, Harden, Sefolsha, and Ibaka. These guys just didn't show up, and really haven't for the majority of the series.

No doubt, it's a team effort, and a lot of players for the Thunder made bone headed plays. Fisher with that runner in the lane (seriously, what the hell was that?), Harden's poor shooting, Thabo's corner three that hit the side of the backboard, Ibaka's all around incompetency, but if we're going to continue to praise KD, we have to stay consistent. It was just a really bad game for him by his standards.

What happened to the playmaking he showcased against the Spurs? We can credit the Heat defense for rotating and switching on defense, but it seems like Durant isn't even trying to emulate his style of play in the WCF.

Scott Brooks needs to make some huge adjustments. We've seen Spoelstra make some key adjustments after game 1, and it's paying off.

No doubt, it's a team effort, and a lot of players for the Thunder made bone headed plays. Fisher with that runner in the lane (seriously, what the hell was that?), Harden's poor shooting, Thabo's corner three that hit the side of the backboard, Ibaka's all around incompetency, but if we're going to continue to praise KD, we have to stay consistent. It was just a really bad game for him by his standards.

What happened to the playmaking he showcased against the Spurs? We can credit the Heat defense for rotating and switching on defense, but it seems like Durant isn't even trying to emulate his style of play in the WCF.

Scott Brooks needs to make some huge adjustments. We've seen Spoelstra make some key adjustments after game 1, and it's paying off.

Fisher being Fisher, with all of his heroic moments, we had to deal with that kind of bullshit on a nightly basis in LA, which is why none of us were exactly upset he was gone

not really a bonehead play, but if he could show up on the same night as Westbrook, the Thunder could have won by double digits tonight...

I agree this was a bad play, should have pump faked, and dribbled into a comfortable shot instead of rushing it

Who on the Spurs was remotely capable of keeping up with him? There is your answer. LeBron can stay in front of Durant all night if on him

Well that is the thing...Scott Brooks doesn't appear to be a very good coach at times, which is why I was shocked that OKC beat San Antonio. His players seem to do everything, and when they are struggling, he takes way too long to call a timeout and doesn't really do a good job of settling his guys down

• Owner

Brooks won't be able to make any adjustments with this team, because right now, they are in ISO mode. The biggest difference between James and Durant is the ability to create shots for others, and the same goes for Westbrook and Wade.

Because the Thunder don't have a real PG, or a primary option that can create out of the doubles he's facing...you have Harden going one-on-one, Ibaka trying to create his own shot, and Perkins trying to post up on the low block, attempting to take advantage of a mismatch. Then you have Fisher pushing the break at 37 years old, even though they didn't have numbers (at least I don't think they did on that play he was swatted, didn't seem like it), Thabo thinking he is a good offensive player, and it's just a mess.

To be honest, the only person that is playing perfectly is Nick Collison (in regards to filling a role). Westbrook may have dropped 40+ tonight, but his shooting has been poor the rest of the series, he is very inconsistent, and he makes minor mistakes that turn out to be very costly in the end.

Fisher being Fisher, with all of his heroic moments, we had to deal with that kind of bullshit on a nightly basis in LA, which is why none of us were exactly upset he was gone

not really a bonehead play, but if he could show up on the same night as Westbrook, the Thunder could have won by double digits tonight...

I agree this was a bad play, should have pump faked, and dribbled into a comfortable shot instead of rushing it

Who on the Spurs was remotely capable of keeping up with him? There is your answer. LeBron can stay in front of Durant all night if on him

Well that is the thing...Scott Brooks doesn't appear to be a very good coach at times, which is why I was shocked that OKC beat San Antonio. His players seem to do everything, and when they are struggling, he takes way too long to call a timeout and doesn't really do a good job of settling his guys down

All valid points, tough to argue with those.

I'll say this though, OKC's offense has never exactly been complex a la San Antonio. You take away the first option, and you limit their production greatly because of the lack of ball movement. It doesn't help that Harden stands around the 3pt line so much, their off ball movement is lacking severely, and that's all on the coaching staff.

Brooks won't be able to make any adjustments with this team, because right now, they are in ISO mode. The biggest difference between James and Durant is the ability to create shots for others, and the same goes for Westbrook and Wade.

Imagine if Jason Kidd takes a pay cut to play for OKC this offseason (he's gone on record saying he would). That would make such a huge difference in games like this.

• Owner

Imagine if Jason Kidd takes a pay cut to play for OKC this offseason (he's gone on record saying he would). That would make such a huge difference in games like this.

And not only good for the Thunder, but good for Westbrook's development.

getting someone like jason kidd to help westbrook isn't what he needs. he is a shoot first point guard, ala guys like allen iverson and derrick rose. nothing is going to change that until he physically breaks down. someone like fisher is actually what he needs, but he doesn't seem to be learning from fisher's bonehead plays.

• Owner

getting someone like jason kidd to help westbrook isn't what he needs. he is a shoot first point guard, ala guys like allen iverson and derrick rose. nothing is going to change that until he physically breaks down. someone like fisher is actually what he needs, but he doesn't seem to be learning from fisher's bonehead plays.

I don't know. Rose was a shoot-first PG coming in, and many didn't think he'd be able to create for his teammates, but he's an improved passer nowadays.

Westbrook has to learn when to kick the ball out. Some of those contested layups at the rim are so bad, you almost know when he's going to miss them...and a lot of times, he doesn't seem to care how many are underneath the basket, which gets him into trouble often.

I have no idea what happened to Lebron, either he suffered the longest most painful cramp of his life, or he messed up his leg. Game 5 will not be easy, but I hope we close this down at home. The Heat are the exception to every Finals trend I have ever heard, so I would not be surprised if we somehow drop 3 in a row.

Lebron in the post is just unstoppable for the OKC. Durant won't guard him, so he can just toy with Harden and pass to shooters when he feels the double team. Ibaka and Perkins have not been as scary as advertised, especially Perkins. Their team lives and dies on shooting, and they got all the shooting they could possibly get in game 1 and 4 from Westbrook and they can not pull away from us.

Can not wait for Thursday, I wish I could just fast forward about 45 hours of my life.

The amount of hate Westbrook is getting is mind-blowing to me. I don't know, the guy played a helluva game. That was a bonehead play to foul Chalmers after losing the tip, no doubt, but the rest of his game was nothing short of brilliant tonight...and he hasn't been that bad in the other games in this series.

He is what he is...he's not Rajon Rondo, he's a different type of player, and I think he's tremendous.

I have no idea what happened to Lebron, either he suffered the longest most painful cramp of his life, or he messed up his leg. Game 5 will not be easy, but I hope we close this down at home. The Heat are the exception to every Finals trend I have ever heard, so I would not be surprised if we somehow drop 3 in a row.

well that is what is weird. he drained that three, missed a shot, and then couldn't move...

• Owner

The amount of hate Westbrook is getting is mind-blowing to me. I don't know, the guy played a helluva game. That was a bonehead play to foul Chalmers after losing the tip, no doubt, but the rest of his game was nothing short of brilliant tonight...and he hasn't been that bad in the other games in this series.

He is what he is...he's not Rajon Rondo, he's a different type of player, and I think he's tremendous.

Well, in my eyes, if someone is going to bash Westbrook for not creating, you also have to expect it from Durant (which I've done). One of them has to do it.

I think Russell was stellar scoring the ball, no gripes here, although I still don't like some of the blown layups that I think he should kick the ball out on...but I can't ignore what he didn't do on the defensive end.

But, I say that...and I also have to mention the lack of defense Durant played.