Matt Cain pitched greatest game in MLB history?

CaliCurbStomppa

I know its late don't even know if we have a topic for this but I was curious what you thought of his performance last week when he threw that no hitter with 14 K's.. Idk if it the greatest of all time but it certainly was in top 5 discussion.

I knew this guy would be phenomenal back then and im glad he threw that no hitter. He played a great game.

I know its late don't even know if we have a topic for this but I was curious what you thought of his performance last week when he threw that no hitter with 14 K's.. Idk if it the greatest of all time but it certainly was in top 5 discussion.

I knew this guy would be phenomenal back then and im glad he threw that no hitter. He played a great game.

It was a perfect game, lol, much better than a no hitter, and obviously when there has only be about 20 perfect games pitched it easily one of the greatest performances ever, but I don't think you can say it was the greatest game, that's silly, especially when he was going up against a quad A line up, still obviously amazing game, just think it's still to say greatest...

It was a perfect game, lol, much better than a no hitter, and obviously when there has only be about 20 perfect games pitched it easily one of the greatest performances ever, but I don't think you can say it was the greatest game, that's silly, especially when he was going up against a quad A line up, still obviously amazing game, just think it's still to say greatest...

Good thing a perfect game doesn't mean much anymore. It's allure has completely worn off.

Good thing a perfect game doesn't mean much anymore. It's allure has completely worn off.

I feel bad for anyone who thinks that, perfect game is easily one of the most impressive sports accomplishments..

I feel bad for anyone who thinks that, perfect game is easily one of the most impressive sports accomplishments..

I'm sorry, but facts are facts. If you were to make this thread 10-15 years ago, with the game he pitched, then sure , you could have a good case. However, the "greatness" of perfect games are losing it's allure, and proof is in how many of them have been thrown in recent years compared to how many have ever been thrown.

While I'm not saying it isn't impressive because it certainly is, but I can understand where ECN is coming from. How many no hitters have we seen this year already? This is the 2nd perfect game (correct me if I'm wrong) and we aren't even at the halfway mark of the season.

I don't want to downplay the accomplishment because it is still a very impressive thing to do, but with the amount of no hitters, perfect game and near perfect games or no hitters, I do agree that the alure isn't what it once was.

With that said, Cain's performance was remarkable. Certainly one of the best I've seen. The only thing negative I can think of is the lineup it was done against, but it is still impressive regardless.

I understand Buehrle Braden and Humber all got 1 but it should not dilute the accomplishment, they all pitched AMAZING those games and if anything it's just as hard to pitch a perfect game because the hitters certainly aren't getting worse, of course technology does help develop better scouting reports but to not walk a better for 9 innings is super impressive in itself, let alone not allowing a hit, perfect games are amazing end of story...