Detroit @ Portland

• 3 months later...
  • Owner

Detroit is full of surprises, but I can't say they'll pull out a victory here, even though I'll be rooting for them. Roy and Prince will be interesting, but Detroit just isn't that defensive-minded team they were a few years back, while the Blazers are doing well on both sides of the ball, with more and more contributing from Oden (10 PPG, 8 RPG, 61% FG, 24 minutes).

• Owner

I'm really puzzled by the Charlie V three point shot right when the ball was inbounded with 10 seconds left on the clock from about 3-4 inches behind the three point line...

Well, Stuckey was 0-5 from beyond the arc, and it was Villanova who had the hot hand, 2-3 from three before that shot. The play was probably ran for him to pull up and take that three, quickly, then foul (being down four).

I understand why he did it. Gordon was cold most of the night, even though if I were coaching, I'd probably have him shoot it versus Charlie.