Jason Kidd Signs w/ Knicks

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine

In another unforeseen twist of this wild offseason, sources say Jason Kidd has decided to leave Mavs and join Knicks on a multiyear deal

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine

Mavs were confident they'd close three-year, $9M deal with Kidd but after all-day deliberations w/both teams Kidd has committed to Knicks

Link

Edited by TheHutch

• Owner

Cuban isn't going to get D-Will, more than likely won't get Dwight Howard, lost out on Nash, lost Jason Terry to the Celtics, lost Jason Kidd and Tyson Chandler to the Knicks, and the Lakers landed Nash with the TPE they received from Dallas in the Lamar Odom trade...and Lamar Odom is now a Clipper.

LOL.

• Like 3

Cuban isn't going to get D-Will, more than likely won't get Dwight Howard, lost out on Nash, lost Jason Terry to the Celtics, lost Jason Kidd and Tyson Chandler to the Knicks, and the Lakers landed Nash with the TPE they received from Dallas in the Lamar Odom trade...and Lamar Odom is now a Clipper.

LOL.

:( jerk

LOL.

Ha. Serves him right for bein a bitch about the CP3 trade.

The Kidd signing is OK. He is a good fit because he's a good passer, and will play a slower pace at this point in his career..which will fit the Knicks. They won't be a running team with D'Antoni gone, and they'll go to Melo and Amar'e on the block in iso-situations more I believe. Kidd is a decent three point shooter, and knows how to get guys to their spots.

Not sure how much he has left, but 20 MPG and Lin getting the other 28, I have to think he should be a pretty good option off the bench...has to be an upgrade over Baron and Bibby last season.

Kidd is still decent, there's much worse we could have picked up. I'm worried that Kidd might treat New York like his retierment oasis, however. If Lin is snatched away by another team, Kidd & Shumpert aren't bad options. Kidd is a decent three point shooter at times, and he's a good locker room guy to have with our youngsters. Hopefully he and Melo can make magic happen.

If not, he'll put butts in seats.

Kidd is still decent, there's much worse we could have picked up. I'm worried that Kidd might treat New York like his retierment oasis, however. If Lin is snatched away by another team, Kidd & Shumpert aren't bad options. Kidd is a decent three point shooter at times, and he's a good locker room guy to have with our youngsters. Hopefully he and Melo can make magic happen.

If not, he'll put butts in seats.

What youngsters? The only young player we have if Lin didn't resign is Shumpert. And Shumpert and Kidd are good options, yes, but Shumpert probably won't be 100% next year and definitely won't be back until January at the earliest.

Knicks NEED Lin. That simple.

The Knicks never have a problem with that lol

A 39 year old Jason Kidd is not a ticket seller anyway. Lol. That's why we have flashy scorers like Amar'e & Carmelo.

IDK why the Knicks would even need Lin after this signing. You guys have yourselves a nice pass-first defensive PG which is all you needed to compliment Melo, Stoudemire.

Lets hope Knicks don't match for Lin.

Because is Kidd expected to play 48 MPG? Lol. Lin for 28 MPG and Kidd 20 MPG would be perfect for us. He's 39...an injury is a good possibility, and his body can't play 30-40 MPG over 82 games plus the playoffs. Kidd is best suited at this point in a back up role.

That's not to say he won't play important minutes. I think he will. I just think he's not a starter at this point. JMO though.