Philadelphia @ Washington

I'm not trying to look like anything, this started with me calling out Brandon for continually bad mouthing my team and its players, which he claims he does not approve of when it happens to his team. Explain to me why I am wrong and I will drop it, honestly. The only problem here is him, the debate somehow stretched out to Diesel and other banned members, but that isn't the point of my argument.

Brandon has a right to his opinion. He doesn't like the Wizards, and that's fine. N4S doesn't like the Lakers, and he's entitled to his opinion. Again, that's fine.

We've allowed some baiting over the year, within reason. Brandon said that Brand sucks, and that's his opinion. Its also been echoed by almost every 76er fan here that Brand sucks.

The Lakers get bad mouthed all the time. They deal with it. The thing is, what Brandon is doing isn't even bad. He may not shed favorable light on your team, but hey, he doesn't have to. He lets their record speak for itself. What YOU have to do, is deal with it. People aren't going to like your team. That's just a fact of life. There's a fine line between severally baiting a team, and showing disgust for a team. Brandon shows disgust for the Wizards, he doesn't severally bait them.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And yes, we reserve the right to ban people who are disruptive. Its like if OTR was a restaurant, and someone was being completely disruptive, we have the right to throw them out. He might of not broken any rules per say, but when he's being disruptive, and or annoying, we have that right.

And yes, we reserve the right to ban people who are disruptive. Its like if OTR was a restaurant, and someone was being completely disruptive, we have the right to throw them out. He might of not broken any rules per say, but when he's being disruptive, and or annoying, we have that right.

I'm more in favor on an OTR Jail per say over a Ban. Have our judge and people to have some opinions... Kinda ghetto but hey hehe.

I'm more in favor on an OTR Jail per say over a Ban. Have our judge and people to have some opinions... Kinda ghetto but hey hehe.

People can ask to be unbanned, and most of the time we do give people second, or even third chances. Maybe we shouldn't, though.

You've done it in the past. You've had problems with the way I handle members, but you don't have a problem with the way you acted after I criticized Elton Brand (in a manner that had NOTHING to do with baiting you).

Really? That's the best you can give me? You're trying to set an example on the basis of something I haven't done in how long? What have I done in the past that was so bad that you decided you should do something about it now (and in three other topics or more)?

If I've ever had problems with the way you handled members, it was probably justified, just like I am here. If you see any hypocrisy here, then your idea of hypocrisy must be too broad, and therefore flawed.

You're really good at dodging things, but you know how you were in the past, and you're pretty good at throwing your small pot-shots into topics all the time (and you're known for it, even though some of the members think it's funny...maybe you don't think about those that don't).

"Fan favorite" or not, I don't care what you are to the members. I wasn't baiting your team or Elton Brand, so don't try and twist it in your favor just because you snapped after the Sixers lost a meaningless game that doesn't make them any worse or better.

This is what I said after the umpteenth time you posted some more garbage about Brand.

I knew you were going to continue your anti-Brand drivel, and I should've addressed it preemptively. Brand was playing with a strained hamstring. So there. Go nitpick somewhere else.

That wasn't out of line. I didn't "snap". I was annoyed that you continued to bait, and this was after I responded to your ridicule twice with thoughtful posts debunking the criticism.

Any potshots I took were made in jest, or were inside jokes. Yours weren't, and most members would perceive it as baiting.

BTW, thanks for the compliment. I never knew I was a fan favorite.

We've allowed some baiting over the year, within reason. Brandon said that Brand sucks, and that's his opinion. Its also been echoed by almost every 76er fan here that Brand sucks.

He went into at least three topics and trashed Brand, pushed more lies, and worst of all, he compared him to Zach Randolph. That's just a line you don't cross my friend, and it felt like to me, with the way he was posting, he had a different agenda. I'm sure others would agree.

He went into at least three topics and trashed Brand, pushed more lies, and worst of all, he compared him to Zach Randolph. That's just a line you don't cross my friend, and it felt like to me, with the way he was posting, he had a different agenda. I'm sure others would agree.

I can't say what his intention was, because I can't read his mind...but I can tell you that he wasn't trying to get a rise out of fans. Probably just pushing for some activity, but it came across the wrong way. Either way, discussing this issue isn't going to do much good for the original topic at hand, so let's get back on track.

I can't say what his intention was, because I can't read his mind...but I can tell you that he wasn't trying to get a rise out of fans. Probably just pushing for some activity, but it came across the wrong way. Either way, discussing this issue isn't going to do much good for the original topic at hand, so let's get back on track.

It reminded me of how ECN would go into some topics talking stupid, having it explained to him why he was wrong, and then continuing to post the same crap in other topics.

• Owner

Any potshots I took were made in jest, or were inside jokes. Yours weren't, and most members would perceive it as baiting.

BTW, thanks for the compliment. I never knew I was a fan favorite.

Then I suggest you drop the inside jokes, unless we're all in on it. I guess I wouldn't know any better, unless you tell me in advance. That's your problem, not mine.

And you're welcome. You, Matt and Slaven are all fan favorites here, and that's because it has turned "cool" to be a smart ass in posts. I absolutely hate how OTR has turned out, so things will change. :)

• Owner

It reminded me of how ECN would go into some topics talking stupid, having it explained to him why he was wrong, and then continuing to post the same crap in other topics.

Good reminder of all the times you personally attacked him, by the way...and got away with it.

• Owner

Am I going to be able to update team records and move topics tonight, or am I going to have to continue sitting through this "drivel" that all starts with a [expletive] NBA player?

I hope this isn't a problem in the next 30 minutes, because it's already 1:30 AM for me.

Good reminder of all the times you personally attacked him, by the way...and got away with it.

If I did, he deserved it, or it was in retaliation. None of it's serious btw, I actually like ECN.

And you're welcome. You, Matt and Slaven are all fan favorites here, and that's because it has turned "cool" to be a smart [expletive] in posts. I absolutely hate how OTR has turned out, so things will change. :)

Yeah, except I don't bait. This whole thread, you seemed to have me confused with someone that did.

• Owner

If I did, he deserved it, or it was in retaliation. None of it's serious btw, I actually like ECN.

Ah, yeah, it's fine then! No big deal!

Yeah, except I don't bait. This whole thread, you seemed to have me confused with someone that did.

Let me use your method of arguing and ask: where did I state, within my post, that you were a member that baits constantly? I made it clear that you were a smart ass, and you made it clear that you were, although it was fine because they are all inside jokes. You know, the usual kidding around. Not that big of a deal.

As someone who many considers one of our best posters, you sure do set a good example for our new guys...but I better not go that far with my sarcasm. Only you can say that about me, because you're joking about it.

So funny...all of this over three posts about Elton Brand. LOL. Try three years of "Kobe is a rapist" and "Laker bandwagoner" and "Kobe dickrider." You sure do impress me with your ability to hold back what you really wanna say. Good job. :lol:

Are you done? Can I get back to my job on the forums? I have eight minutes before I end it.

Let me use your method of arguing and ask: where did I state, within my post, that you were a member that baits constantly? I made it clear that you were a smart [expletive], and you made it clear that you were, although it was fine because they are all inside jokes. You know, the usual kidding around. Not that big of a deal.

As someone who many considers one of our best posters, you sure do set a good example for our new guys...but I better not go that far with my sarcasm. Only you can say that about me, because you're joking about it.

So funny...all of this over three posts about Elton Brand. LOL. Try three years of "Kobe is a rapist" and "Laker bandwagoner" and "Kobe dickrider." You sure do impress me with your ability to hold back what you really wanna say. Good job. :lol:

Are you done? Can I get back to my job on the forums? I have eight minutes before I end it.

I can push the envelope (although I don't) because I'm not the role model. You're the head honcho here that's discouraging baiting, and then doing it in other threads. That's not a joke, either.

Let me use your method of arguing and ask: where did I state, within my post, that you were a member that baits constantly?

Here,

Try three years of "Kobe is a rapist" and "Laker bandwagoner" and "Kobe dickrider."

here,

You've done it in the past.

and here.

You're really good at dodging things, but you know how you were in the past,

lol, all this over something I must've said a long time ago. You sure told me! I'll be sure to never do whatever it is that I did, again.

Close it. I've said what I've had to say. I'll end up belaboring my points if it stays open any longer.

• Owner

Are you really that dense? I never said you called me any of those things. I said you need to take your team's criticism a little better, maybe like some of us, who had to listen to members trash us even worse in the past (and still do).

And me saying, "You've done it in the past," was in regards to you having problems with how I handled members. Did you not read the damn sentence I wrote RIGHT AFTER I said that? :lol:

Again, you're really good at dodging things.

Are you really that dense? I never said you called me any of those things. I said you need to take your team's criticism a little better, maybe like some of us, who had to listen to members trash us even worse in the past (and still do).

And me saying, "You've done it in the past," was in regards to you having problems with how I handled members. Did you not read the damn sentence I wrote RIGHT AFTER I said that? :lol:

Again, you're really good at dodging things.

No I don't. I take my team's criticism fine. I responded to your derision politely, justified Brand's poor performance, and told you to take your baiting elsewhere — exactly the same way I'd expect anyone to respond to baiting. I don't know what you want from me here.

And wow, I've had problems with the way you handled members in the past. Big deal dude, so has the majority of the site. It's random as [expletive] of you to bring up now because it's not relevant here at all.

I could keep repeating this same sentiment ad nauseam but I'll never get anywhere. You're never going to admit to being wrong, and I don't feel like going back and forth again.

• Owner

Whatever you say. I suggest you figure out what baiting really is (on your own, since you don't listen to anyone else). Nobody was baiting you. I sure the hell don't care how you react to it, don't say ANYTHING to get a rise out of you because 1) your team means nothing to me, and 2) as a fan of that team, neither do you.

I post about the Sixers because I don't want their game topics to have 3-4 posts in them. It's not my fault you guys have nothing to say after a loss (or even a win sometimes). Would you like me to be a dumbass and say that all is well in Philly? Would it be appropriate for me to say that Brand fits, even though it has been questioned before by the Sixers fans? Sign Iverson? Trade Dalembert? Eddie Jordan sucks? What do you want to hear?

Don't confuse baiting with me being active in every team forum and team discussion topic. Furthermore, I'm not going to jock all 30 teams just to make you guys smile. Maybe some were sick and tired of you hating on Blasco's player rankings. Or...maybe you were just stirring up discussion, which is the point to begin with.

I can talk about the winless Nets all day with Wali, tell him that Lopez doesn't play defense, say that they have been bitten by the injury bug, say whatever...and he doesn't blow a fuse. I've told Zach plenty of times that Al Jefferson doesn't play defense. MANY said that Artest was going to chuck shots and be a bad, bad fit for the Lakers, doing nothing more. Tons of people are saying that Calderon's defense sucks, almost every game.

But yeah, obviously, the Sixers fanbase doesn't need my input. You guys can hold it down on your own. Hope those topics see activity, especially since it's all going to be positive posting from here on out.

I'm out of this discussion. Flip it any way you want...floor is yours.

Dude, whether your intention was to bait or not, your comment was inciting. If you're constantly hating on my players, I'm going to [expletive]ing defend them. Besides, it's not like I suspended you, locked the topic, or forbid you from posting about it — I can't do any of those things. I politely told you to stfu. I didn't flip out or snap.

No one's stopping you from posting about Elton Brand. But if you're going to trash him, don't get upset when there's a rebuttal.