Hornets Acquire Ryan Anderson for Gustavo Ayon

Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick

Source says the sign and trade that will send Orlando restricted free-agent F Ryan Anderson to New Orleans for Gustavo Ayon is done.

Sounds like Anderson's price tag was getting too high for the Magic so they decided to ship him out instead of overpay for him. With Dwight likely gone, that is a very good decision on their part because I think a lot of Anderson's production was because of Howard. He is a solid player, but I'd be concerned with him duplicating his numbers in a different system and without Howard commanding space.

As for New Orleans, I wonder if thye plan on playing him at the 4 and using Davis at the 5 (a bad move if you ask me) or if they are going to use him as a 6th man. I think that a 6th man long range bomber role may be the best role for him but that is more because I don't think Davis should ever be playing the 5 spot; at least for his first few seasons.

As for the contract that he will sign (since this is a sign and trade, of course):

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

The New Orleans Hornets agreement with Ryan Anderson is four years, approximately $36 million, league sources tell Y! Sports.

Interesting note from the Hornets standpoint is that if the reports are true and he is getting a 4 year, $36M deal, it likely spells the end of Kaman, Landry and Belinelli in New Orleans. They'll probably renounce the rights to all three of those players, according to Hollinger:

John Hollinger ‏@johnhollinger

Hornets would presumably renounce Kaman, Landry and Belinelli in order to have room for Ryan Anderson.

Landry becomes a pretty intriguing free agent target for a lot of teams.

Im really pleased with this organization right now. The have done a great job drafting, great job trading older overpaid players, great job not listening to Gordon, and now this sign a trade. Rivers, Gordon, Anderson, Davis great start by the new owner in New Orleans.