What exactly are the Mavs doing?

So this season they lost out on the Dwight Howard and Deron Williams sweepstakes. They lost Jason Terry to Boston. They lost Jason Kidd to the Knicks, and were unable to get Steve Nash. The offseason had been really quiet for them, and they didn't draft anyone of noticeable talent. What the hell does Cuban have planned? Will Dirk be the next one on his way out?

Personally I think Cuban seems happy with a championship. Rather than trying for a repeat he went to save money. According to reports he didn't even offer Williams the full amount he could have. I don't think they'd ever trade Dirk but would be neat to see what the return would be.

I don't know to be honest.. some say they really just want to make a splash in FA and land someone that way, but thats not happening this year. They wanna have the flexibility for the future, but thats not fair to Dirk at all. I think the best thing to do is is to just let Dirk make his decision, get some value and rebuild. sadly..

:(

If we at least signed Chandler, we'd still have SOME flexibility for the future.

Personally I think Cuban seems happy with a championship. Rather than trying for a repeat he went to save money. According to reports he didn't even offer Williams the full amount he could have. I don't think they'd ever trade Dirk but would be neat to see what the return would be.

Agreed he has done nothing every since winning the title. Shit you dont even notice him complaining about the refs any more. He seems satisfied to say, and with him not aggressively going after players and resigning players this off season it really has hurt this team.

Biding their time. They will have room for 2 max contracts next summer (with an amnesty and moving Marion - very possible), and Chris Paul and Dwight Howard are free agents. A lot of people just assume CP3 is going to stick with the Clippers, but the owner there is a cunt, and their coach is incompetent, two facets the Mavericks are top notch in.

The Mavs have the best owner in sports, and will get to the top again. Its just a matter of whether it is 1 year, or 5 years. All their eggs were in one basket and if not for the Joe Johnson trade, this thread definitely doesn't even exist.

I'd expect them to make a huge run at CP3 and Dwight next summer, and if that fails, they are going to have to reassess what they're doing. As of now, I'd be pretty surprised if the Mavericks made the playoffs. But really, a lottery pick to play with next summer, and a ton of cap, might not be such a bad thing, would it?

This team has won over 50 games for a decade. A DECADE. Lets not act like they can't afford to have a couple of down years.

Edited by Check my Stats

Collison and Dahntay Jones for "Yawn" Mahinmi is a damn good trade. I think Indiana gave up on Collison way too soon.

The Pacers will be in for a rude awakening when they realize George Hill isn't a full time PG.

average finisher around the rim

Below average court vision

Not a great playmaker

Streaky shooter

Biding their time. They will have room for 2 max contracts next summer (with an amnesty and moving Marion - very possible), and Chris Paul and Dwight Howard are free agents. A lot of people just assume CP3 is going to stick with the Clippers, but the owner there is a cunt, and their coach is incompetent, two facets the Mavericks are top notch in.

The Mavs have the best owner in sports, and will get to the top again. Its just a matter of whether it is 1 year, or 5 years. All their eggs were in one basket and if not for the Joe Johnson trade, this thread definitely doesn't even exist.

I'd expect them to make a huge run at CP3 and Dwight next summer, and if that fails, they are going to have to reassess what they're doing. As of now, I'd be pretty surprised if the Mavericks made the playoffs. But really, a lottery pick to play with next summer, and a ton of cap, might not be such a bad thing, would it?

This team has won over 50 games for a decade. A DECADE. Lets not act like they can't afford to have a couple of down years.

Now I'm not a Mavs fan by any means, it's just a shame that these last few years of Dirk are being wasted. Mavs fans know that "down years" are coming, but while Dirk is on the team they want to be title contenders.

I feel the same way about the Spurs. Dark days loom over the Spurs once Duncan and Manu retire.

San Antonio aren't really legit threats to win the title, but I'd still rather them be a one and done team, As opposed to watching Duncan and Manu play for a lottery team.

Looks like things are falling into place for the Mavs. First they traded for Collison to fill a vacated position, and now with Scola in the open market I could see the Mavs placing a bid for him. There aren't contenders, but atleast they can stay competitive heading into the following season.