If the rumored Howard-to-Nets trade goes through...

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Owner

How big of a threat will the Nets be in the Eastern Conference?

C - Dwight Howard | Reggie Evans

PF - Earl Clark | Mirza Teletovic

SF - Gerald Wallace

SG - Joe Johnson | Jason Richardson

PG - Deron Williams | Chris Duhon

May not be an accurate depth chart (not really sure if Mirza will come in as a starter or what, I haven't seen him play recently and have no idea how good or bad he is), but still...

How big of a threat will the Nets be in the Eastern Conference?

C - Dwight Howard | Reggie Evans

PF - Earl Clark | Mirza Teletovic

SF - Gerald Wallace

SG - Joe Johnson | Jason Richardson

PG - Deron Williams | Chris Duhon

May not be an accurate depth chart (not really sure if Mirza will come in as a starter or what, I haven't seen him play recently and have no idea how good or bad he is), but still...

They would be a scary team, the East is not exactly jam packed with great teams, so I expect them to be there at the end. Heat and Celtics are still better (Bulls as well with Rose healthy), but you never know what Dwight and Deron can do together, and I have no idea what to expect from Joe Johnson anymore.

I'm going to say No and No. The Nets "big three" may be better than New York's, but the rest of their roster isn't. And definitely not with a healthy Shumpert (HOPEFULLY) by playoff time.

I think Knicks and Heat are still better, as well as Chicago when Rose comes back healthy (although it may not be next season). Don't sleep on Indiana, either. They could beat that Nets team, too.

I see the Nets anywhere from 3-4 in the Eastern Conference. Not saying they couldn't be in the ECF or NBA Finals, I just don't see it in season 1 with the players around them.

I'm going to say No and No. The Nets "big three" may be better than New York's, but the rest of their roster isn't. And definitely not with a healthy Shumpert (HOPEFULLY) by playoff time.

I think Knicks and Heat are still better, as well as Chicago when Rose comes back healthy (although it may not be next season). Don't sleep on Indiana, either. They could beat that Nets team, too.

I see the Nets anywhere from 3-4 in the Eastern Conference. Not saying they couldn't be in the ECF or NBA Finals, I just don't see it in season 1 with the players around them.

Sorry, but the Knicks would not be better than the Nets if that is the Nets line-up. The Knicks would be about 8+ games worse.

As good as that starting five is the Nets have no depth, and I really think that would hurt them in the postseason. However, Miami won the title with mediocre bench play so anything is possible as long as the starters can play at a high level. On paper they're the second best team in the East hands down, the question is how long it will take them to develop chemistry.

In a head to head matchup against Miami, I would give the Nets an edge just because I don't see how the Heat would defend Dwight. Their current roster is too undersized. It's no mystery that the best way to exploit the Heat is by pounding the ball in the paint.

I think if it all comes together (postseason matchups and avoiding injuries) for the Nets they could make a legitimate run to the Finals. The starting five is way to talented to come anything short of a ECF.

They will certainly be a tough matchup. They aren't as athletic as Miami - Joe Johnson is gravitationally challenged, however the Nets are a much greater threat from outside with JJ & even Deron. It makes it extremely difficult to double down on Dwight with good shooters.

In saying that though, Dwight sucks offensively and over a 7 game series as much as it pains me to say, but Miami would come out on top. Nets need some more role players.

Sorry, but the Knicks would not be better than the Nets if that is the Nets line-up. The Knicks would be about 8+ games worse.

How do you figure?

I'd take the big three of BK over NY's big three. I'll concede that. But as a team, I think the Knicks are better constructed right now going into the season.

To be totally honest though, there's major question marks from both teams...considering there's so many new players.

They will certainly be a tough matchup. They aren't as athletic as Miami - Joe Johnson is gravitationally challenged, however the Nets are a much greater threat from outside with JJ & even Deron. It makes it extremely difficult to double down on Dwight with good shooters.

In saying that though, Dwight sucks offensively and over a 7 game series as much as it pains me to say, but Miami would come out on top. Nets need some more role players.

Dwight has a way to go offensively, but that doesn't mean that he can't score. He'll go off against the likes of Bosh, Haslem, and Joel.

Dwight has a way to go offensively, but that doesn't mean that he can't score. He'll go off against the likes of Bosh, Haslem, and Joel.

Agreed but I don't think has been as dominant as he could have been. That might change given that he has a real point guard as opposed to Jameer Nelson.

Not saying Knicks would beat them, but I do think we could def give that team a series. Tyson has given Dwight fits and we got Camby off the bench. We got a huge mismatch at PF. Wallace vs Melo should be a interesting match up as well as Shumpert Vs Joe Johnson. Dwill vs Lin and Kidd, Nets have advantage obv but we shall see. Would be a good series.

I'm gonna say no cause Celtics Pacers Heat Knicks sho8uldall be tough outs next year for a new team, i can see them doing it tho..

In terms of going to ECF it's all gonna ride on can they avoid the Heat lol, although Dwight has a huge mismatch in that match up so that'd be good too, gotta roll with the defending champs tho

Edited by fish7718

• Owner

If all teams are healthy, next season (and I'm going to go ahead and consider it April/May, and say that D-Rose is healthy), I would think the Nets are top four (MIA, BOS, CHI, BKN).

Assuming Chicago gets into trouble early and ends up eliminated in the second round (let's just say they ended up snagging #4 or #5 seed, having to play Miami in the second), I think the Nets could make a series out of a Brooklyn/Boston match-up, and may get to the ECF's.

Their first year together, I won't stick my neck out there and say they can beat the Heat, but again, it won't be a walk in the park if Dwight is 100%. Miami has absolutely nobody that can defend him, and with Williams, Johnson and Wallace all drawing defensive attention, it's pretty scary to think what happens to the likes of Anthony, Haslem and Bosh down low.

Howard may not have Yao Ming's post moves, Bynum's back-to-the-basket game, or Gasol's jumper...but he's far too hard to contain when he's near the rim OR coming off of a screen and roll, and that's why he broke Wilt's free throw record against the Warriors (39 FT's) and has dropped 45 or so a few times. He has to be doubled or fouled if you're the Heat, no other way to stop him.

Nets would be a 50 win team but still no match for Miami

Heat are still way superior, Dwade is gonna laugh at Joe Johnson guarding him

and Gerald Wallace is good, but stands absolutely no chance against LeBron, in fact i am a GW fan i hope he gets injured

just so he doesn't have LBJ go off on him when they meet, cuz everytime they matched up it's been dissapointing for Wallace

Gerald Wallace is a top notch defender but LBJ will manhandle the [expletive] outta him.

Add in Ray Allen and OMFG Dwight's impact will hardly be seen

Unless Nets make more moves, try to add in a pf that can score around 15ppg and play suberb interior D, they won't go anywhere.

Miami in 5 still with these moves. Simply not enough to counter the Heat.

LBJ is worth D-Will and Dwight alone by himself. Factor in Wade and Bosh and Ray and u get the point

If that ends up being the actual roster IMO they would be the second or third best team in the East. Obviously behind Miami.

Bull don't have Rose so thats Gonna hurt big time, especially in close and back to back games. Boston is just isn't the same and both KG and Pierce will get another year slower. Dwight would just destroy shit down low. And then the Knicks, well what can you say about them if the work out they can destroy the entire league with the amount of talent they have but if the continue to struggle with injuries, not playing defense, and terrible offensive design then the will continue to suck. Personally think they are going to work out and will be two or three in the East.

That team is a championship contender. Dwight may not be Hakeem offensively., but he would still give the Heat fits inside, and not to mention on the glass, where Miami is already pretty suspect. Not to mention the Nets' 2 best players, are where Miami's worst starters are every game. Lets see if Bosh is okay with being the starting center in a 7 game series against a force like Dwight, who will make Bosh look like an absolute bitch on the glass.

Not to mention Wallace is a player who could actually attempt, key word ATTEMPT, to give LBJ some fits defensively. At 6-8 220 he obviously wouldn't be able to body LBJ, but you'd have to think he'd do a better job than most SF's in this league.

I just think the Nets are scary because they have elite offensive potential with a top 3 point guard, a SG capable of dropping 25 any given night, and a big man who has managed to be a 20 and 14 force playing with a crap PG for 7 years... imagine what he does on the screen and role with Deron? But not only do they have offensive potential, they have defensive potential. We saw Dwight make the Magic a top 5 defense every year with incompetent players around him like Jameer and Hedo, he would surely be able to do the same in Brooklyn.

So yeah, I think this team will have a chance to contend for an NBA championship the moment they are assembled. And they are easily better than Boston, Chicago, and everyone not named the Heat in the east. Its like people forget Dwight was winning 50-60 games a year playing with role players. Put him with a superstar point, and all-star shooting guard, on paper, you have to imagine this team contends for the title immediately.

Edited by Check my Stats
  • Like 1