Nas-Life Is Good

MainEv3nt

Album of the year...EASILY! I'm only halfway through it but the first half is a MASTERPIECE. Lyrically, this is the sharpest he's been since Stillmatic.

World's an Addiction has arguably the best 2 verses he's spit since Illmatic. It's spectacular. A Queen's Story is unbelievable as well.

Just finished the album. Every song besides Summer on Smash is absolutely jaw-dropping lyrically. His flow, rhyme schemes, and content is as good as it's ever been since Illmatic. Production is very good, although for some people it may be a bit too laid-back. It's just an amazing album, and once again reinforces my belief of him being the GOAT.THIS is the Nas I expect on every album.

Favorite tracks:

World's an Addiction

A Queen's Story

Loca-Motive

Back When

No Introduction

Man this album is incredible

World's an Addiction

A Queen's Story

Loca-Motive

Back When

Cherry Wine

Accident Murders

Black Bond

honestly i like all the tracks. i dont buy albums really no more since i got an ipod touch but i will be picking this up eventually.

last album i bought was nas-untitled an eminem-recovery.

anyone wanna hit me with a link. when is it supposed to come out?

i actually think god's son is my favorite NAS album. i mean illmatic is classic obviously but outside of that...god's son was a classic IMO

anyone wanna hit me with a link. when is it supposed to come out?

i actually think god's son is my favorite NAS album. i mean illmatic is classic obviously but outside of that...god's son was a classic IMO

The link I got it from was removed. It's supposed to come out the 17th.

And personally I like Illmatic, Stillmatic and It Was Written better than God's Son. IMO this is better lyrically than God's Son (from content to flow and rhyme schemes). Knowing your taste, the production on this album may be a little too jazzy for you, so you probably will still like God's Son better.

The link I got it from was removed. It's supposed to come out the 17th.

And personally I like Illmatic, Stillmatic and It Was Written better than God's Son. IMO this is better lyrically than God's Son (from content to flow and rhyme schemes). Knowing your taste, the production on this album may be a little too jazzy for you, so you probably will still like God's Son better.

Word. I'll wait if no one has a link, it's cool.

Glad to hear Nas dropped us something real good. Looking forward to it. Haven't listened to something real lyrical (as far as new material, what is even out there?) in a while man lol shit

Edited by JYD

Glad to hear Nas dropped us something real good. Looking forward to it. Haven't listened to something real lyrical (as far as new material, what is even out there?) in a while man lol shit

Here's two of my favorite songs off the album. The first one he drops one of my favorite verses EVER...the 3rd verse. Listen intently, it'll blow you away. And the 2nd song has that raw, classic feel with Nas killing it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZSZZN06GbU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jup9L_IxxOA

For people who got the album the first day it leaked, ya'll probably don't have the song below, which I think is only on the international copies as a bonus. It's [expletive]ing ill, maybe my favorite song off the album...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSV8WPzWU28

Dope as [expletive].

Album is a masterpiece. I :wub: you Nas.

• 2 weeks later...

Nas sold 139,000 1st week, becoming the first rapper to ever have a #1 album in 3 different decades.

G-O-D S-O-N they'll be none after.

won't jay do the same if he drop another album? lol 140k not bad first week tho

won't jay do the same if he drop another album? lol 140k not bad first week tho

Yep, he will.

And considering Nas didn't have any real huge radio singles for this album, didn't get a ton of promotion, and since there is so many illegal downloading venues nowadays, 140k first week sales is an amazing number for a dude that's released his first album 18 years ago. Jay wasn't even around then (well, he was, but was absolutely awful pre-Reasonable Doubt). Look at the famous rappers that were that are still alive...Rakim, KRS, Chuck D, Ice Cube, Dre, Snoop, Wu-Tang...except maybe Dre, NONE of those guys can still sell over maybe 70k first week (that's being generous, probably). For Nas to double that and still put out an incredibly high quality album, it's unbelievable.

i meant like link to the album haha

Nah homie, the link I got it from when it dropped was deleted.

Anyway, I picked up the physical copy today...first time ever buying a CD. And wouldn't you [expletive]in know it's the clean version! <_< Oh well, it's still nice. Also picked up Stillmatic and MBDTF (hadn't listened to it all the way through, and true CD quality is essential for an album like that).

No one is disputing Nas as one of the greatest to ever do it. everyone knows dude is a legend.

just personally for me i like and think jay-z is a better overall artist. i think his versatility as an artist is what separates him apart from nas, but that's just my opinion. both have had an incredible run, and like you said, for nas to be as relevant as he is today speaks volume to how good his music is/how respected he is

Edited by JYD

No one is disputing Nas as one of the greatest to ever do it. everyone knows dude is a legend.

just personally for me i like and think jay-z is a better overall artist. i think his versatility as an artist is what separates him apart from nas, but that's just my opinion. both have had an incredible run, and like you said, for nas to be as relevant as he is today speaks volume to how good his music is/how respected he is

Who made this a Nas-Jay thing?

And Nas is definitely the better artist IMO. Jay has a better ear for beats and probably better at making bangers, but that's about it. Nas is the better story-teller, better lyrically, more vicious with his disses, and IMO has more range. I don't think Jay could deplicate what Nas did on Untitled and DR in terms of socially-concious subject matter, at least not as well. And IMO while Jay might have the more consistent discography, I'd take the top 5 Nas albums over the top 5 Jay albums any day of the week, month and year.

Who made this a Nas-Jay thing?

And Nas is definitely the better artist IMO. Jay has a better ear for beats and probably better at making bangers, but that's about it. Nas is the better story-teller, better lyrically, more vicious with his disses, and IMO has more range. I don't think Jay could deplicate what Nas did on Untitled and DR in terms of socially-concious subject matter, at least not as well. And IMO while Jay might have the more consistent discography, I'd take the top 5 Nas albums over the top 5 Jay albums any day of the week, month and year.

I wasn't really making it a Nas-Jay thing. You just seemed to act as if Nas was the only one who could ever have a #1 album in three different decades. that's when i pointed out jay that's all lol. i know you got a pretty good ear for music, so i respect your opinion i'll just agree to disagree on the top 5 nas/jay album comment lol