Felton to Knicks close, Lin to Houston?

• Owner
Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA

The Knicks are considering signing UFA Raymond Felton and letting RFA Jeremy Lin walk to the Rockets, a source close to situation confirms.

Mark Haggard ‏@allzoner

Just got off the phone with NBA free agent Raymond Felton. He says a deal is about to be completed sending him back to the NY Knicks.

So...are they letting Jeremy Lin go?

Marc J. Spears

@SpearsNBAYahoo

Rockets found loophole that would cost them $8 million on third year of Lin offer sheet and Knicks $15 million, source tells Y! Sports.

WTF. How could you let Lin go? I understand he's still somewhat unproven and it's a ton of money, but for a team that claims to be 'all in,' you've gotta be kidding...

Good. A welcomed decision.

An alternative is Felton and Lin sharing PG with Kidd at the 2 guard.

That could be one of the worst defensive backcourts of all time. But I guess at times I could live with it, depending on the matchups.

I've always loved Felton (as most NYK fans do) and it was tough to see him go in the Melo trade. But, to get rid of Lin for him, I see that as a downgrade for sure...

That could be one of the worst defensive backcourts of all time. But I guess at times I could live with it, depending on the matchups.

Kidd's still a pretty damn good defender when he's not matched up with a really quick PG. He still does a solid job on most SG's.

Kidd's still a pretty damn good defender when he's not matched up with a really quick PG. He still does a solid job on most SG's.

Yeah I guess I kind of forget how big and physical Kidd can be. Just seems kind of slow and to team him out there with Lin could be kind of brutal....but I think it could work in certain dosages.

Man, if we don't get Lin, I'll be very very disappointed. He's fun to watch play, and from a basketball standpoint, I still think you gotta sign him.

wow, the 90s Knicks are back. lol

can Kurt Thomas still play? he has to be 40 years old, right? holy shit.

Knicks get Lin and this will be a damn nice off season for us fans!

So apparently the Knicks are getting the band back together first Camby now Kurt Thomas along with Felton its like the late 90's all over again.

Edited by htownborn

Marc Berman ‏@NYPost_Berman

Another source insists #Knicks won't match Lin's offer sheet.

David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt

Again, no intel at present on what that means for matching/not matching Lin. But can't imagine you'd bring in Felton to be 3rd pg.

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS

Haven't spoken with anyone who knows whether Knicks will match Lin offer sheet, but their actions loudly suggest they won't.

Wow, surprised they would rather Felton over Lin. I guess they want the more reliable player than the guy who only played like 15 games. Any chance they match Fields' offer sheet or is it too late for that now?

Wow, surprised they would rather Felton over Lin. I guess they want the more reliable player than the guy who only played like 15 games. Any chance they match Fields' offer sheet or is it too late for that now?

Nah they already notified Fields they're letting him go.

PG Felton  | Kidd
SG Smith   | White  | Shumpert (IR)
SF Melo    | Novak  | Copeland
PF Amar'e  | Thomas
C  Chandler| Camby

I dig it.. a lot. Let's do work.

If Lins not in the picture, I say start Kidd but just bring Felton off the bench quick. I don't like Kidd being behind Felton's fat ass.

Edited by ChosenOne

• Owner

I'm shocked the Knicks fans are happy about this, to be honest. I understand you didn't want to overpay for Jeremy Lin, especially when you consider he didn't give you a full season of all-star play...but wiping that from the table for a minute, taking Lin completely out of the equation, your starting PG is going to be Raymond Felton.

:mellow:

I'm shocked the Knicks fans are happy about this, to be honest. I understand you didn't want to overpay for Jeremy Lin, especially when you consider he didn't give you a full season of all-star play...but wiping that from the table for a minute, taking Lin completely out of the equation, your starting PG is going to be Raymond Felton.

:mellow:

Maybe he'll get it beyond half court against Miami

This is such a stupid move. If it wasn't for Lin, the "Melo"-led Knicks wouldn't even have made the playoffs. The fact that New York isn't willing to give him at least another year after what he brought to that franchise is pathetic.

Now Houston is going to reap the benefits. I'm in shock that this happened. First, I thought Houston made a bad move in moving both Lowry and Dragic, but they just won big here. Another dumb move by New York.

Sure, New York has Kidd and Felton, but they won't be as good. They'll be a 5-8 seed again.

Edited by Cleveland's Finest