Knicks Decide Not To Match Jeremy Lin's Offer Sheet

The Knicks offense was predicated on Chandler pick and rolls, and drawing the defense in to kick it out to shooters like Novak, I don't see it being as effective now with Lin out of the mix.

What? Did you not watch the Knicks in April?

The offense was run like that with D'antoni and when Carmelo and Amar'e were hurt.

What? Did you not watch the Knicks in April?

The offense was run like that with D'antoni and when Carmelo and Amar'e were hurt.

If you want to keep Chandler's production high, that's what needs to be run. Those PnR's are what causes so many problems for defenses because Chandler is such an instinctual player, and while it does come at the expense of Stoudemire, it's essential to keep running them. With the coaching staff, you have to believe they will find a way to reinvigorate Amare the way they did with Melo late in the season by playing him at the 4 spot. If that means playing Amare more with the second unit, so be it.

Felton can't replicate the skill set Lin brings to the table. Sure, you can point to the lack of a larger sample size for Lin, but you can't refute how well he meshes with this team.

Great decision by the Knicks IMO. I don't see Lin exploding to make them regret the decision. Also not saying he's going to be terrible but such a short sample size and a lot of the hype is because of his heritage which is no surprise why Houston wanted him. Funny thing is Yao Ming tried to sign him and failed, now he's the new Yao in Houston.

Lin's former teammates surprised at Knicks' decision

MANCHESTER, England (AP) -- Mike D'Antoni was there for the start of Linsanity, Kobe Bryant on the wrong end of its greatest highlight. Neither imagined next season opening without Jeremy Lin on the New York Knicks.

"No. Not when the kicker was they can match. I'm thinking, for sure," said former Knicks coach D'Antoni on Wednesday before the U.S. Olympic team practiced. "Even when I was there, well at least we got him, we don't have to worry about him blowing up and us not being able to afford it."

But the Knicks ultimately decided they couldn't or wouldn't. Lin became a Houston Rocket on Tuesday night when the Knicks refused to match a three-year deal worth about $25 million, ending a brief but amazing run as New York's point guard. The Knicks had repeatedly said they planned to keep the restricted free agent, and Olympians Carmelo Anthony and Tyson Chandler both believed they would.

"I know the Knicks organization wanted him back, I know his teammates wanted him back, I felt like Jeremy wanted to come back, but can't pass up what Houston threw out there," Chandler said.

D'Antoni, who gave Lin a chance to play in February, resigned a month and a half later when the Knicks were struggling. He remains a firm believer in the undrafted point guard from Harvard. Bryant had no choice but to become one after Lin scored a career-high 38 points, outplaying one of the NBA's biggest stars during a nationally televised victory over the Lakers.

"The plays that he was making, it didn't seem like he had too much of a difficulty making them. He seemed like he was pretty comfortable in making those plays and he was pretty consistent afterwards," Bryant said. "His numbers weren't 30 and 15 assists or whatever, but they were more than solid numbers. He can play, he's a very good player."

Full Read

Great decision by the Knicks IMO. I don't see Lin exploding to make them regret the decision. Also not saying he's going to be terrible but such a short sample size and a lot of the hype is because of his heritage which is no surprise why Houston wanted him. Funny thing is Yao Ming tried to sign him and failed, now he's the new Yao in Houston.

You do realize their only PGs are Kidd and Raymond Felton, id rather pay Lin 50 million $ than have Raymond Felton on the team, thats if I was a Knicks fan.

Edited by YugoRocketsFan

Yeah that's a twitter hoax lol

Raymond Felton - G - Knicks

NEWS: There are several reports out of Las Vegas from those who have seen Raymond Felton that he looks much more trim than he did last season.

ANALYSIS:  This is good news for Knicks fans, as Felton's weight was a big issue for his disastrous season in Portland last year. If he can keep the weight down, he could emerge as a very quality starting point guard for fantasy owners this season