Life After Death?

You need to calm down man, you are totally misundertand everything I've said and Sħãlïq̵'. You are just going off what you read from the textbook and call it good and think that is true. You don't know me and I don't need to explain myself in further detail because aren't capable of understanding what I've said. And once again you again haven't said anything about space or anything you are just blowing hot air and putting words in to people have telling them this is how they believe and stuff like that.

If you cannot handle this discussion then you know what to do.

http://i.imgur.com/venYc.png

You think a 2000 year old piece of fiction is true, I think modern day science is true.

Not really. I certainly don't agree the kid deserves it... And I wish I could do something about it. If it all depended on me - it wouldn't happen! And maybe if I go to Africa I can help some of those kids... but something tells me that somewhere there'll always be someone suffering.

So I'm asking myself: "Why is that orphan child born with AIDS who has never even heard of God deserves his suffering?" I admit I can't provide an answer to that...

I certainly respect the fact that you think you should personally take action, instead of how some people just think praying will work.

Not really. I certainly don't agree the kid deserves it... And I wish I could do something about it. If it all depended on me - it wouldn't happen! And maybe if I go to Africa I can help some of those kids...

I like this post a whole lot

http://i.imgur.com/venYc.png

You think a 2000 year old piece of fiction is true, I think modern day science is true.

Wow bro, you are taking this way to personal. I never said that I didn't believe you that you took Astronomy. I said I just wanted you to explain what you know about it. Which a lot of people know what you know about planets. But I'm looking for answers to space for LIFE forms not just study rocks, gases, etc... I never doubted you that you didn't take Astronomy but I know in the Astronomy class you had. You didn't find another race out there or any kind of life form. That is what I was talking about when I said WHO KNOWS WHATS OUT THERE. Because the only way for us to find out is if we our selves go there. Because NASA for sure will not tell the public if they found Life form.

Do you understand me a little more now.

And take it easy man, no one here is against your ideas, opinions. We are just sharing.

Wow bro, you are taking this way to personal. I never said that I didn't believe you that you took Astronomy. I said I just wanted you to explain what you know about it. Which a lot of people know what you know about planets. But I'm looking for answers to space for LIFE forms not just study rocks, gases, etc... I never doubted you that you didn't take Astronomy but I know in the Astronomy class you had. You didn't find another race out there or any kind of life form. That is what I was talking about when I said WHO KNOWS WHATS OUT THERE. Because the only way for us to find out is if we our selves go there. Because NASA for sure will not tell the public if they found Life form.

Do you understand me a little more now.

And take it easy man, no one here is against your ideas, opinions. We are just sharing.

It's a possibility that there's life on Mars still - astronomers just recently (within the last 2 weeks or so) discovered that there's likely liquid water underneath the surface of Mars

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/nasa-mars-probe-finds-evidence-water-martian-soil/story?id=14233931#.UAdxaTGe6xI

That's not the exact link, but its the same idea.

And I do respect your opinion, and I apologize if it came off like I didn't.

I can't speak for/to a creator, but if I could I'd ask why would a creator of the Universe care about 16 year old Wali when there's mass genocide, famine, and wars going on every day that it chooses to ignore?

Chooses to ignore? Would that mean He also chooses to ignore disease, corruption, and hostility? This life isn't meant to be perfection or anything close to it. The significance of this life is that it's a path into the next one. Struggles, no matter how severe they are, are part of life, whether they are affecting you, me, or an individual fighting for their life against unjust rule. If I told you that any being who handles the struggles in their lives in the right manner would be assisting themselves in earning a perfect life in the hereafter, where would you see the imperfection in the creator? Relative to the endless afterlife, the length of this life is nothing. So it's not that the creator is choosing to ignore anything. The whole idea is that just about everything in everyone's life is nothing more than a test for the hereafter.

If you're going to call into question why occurrences like genocide, famine, and wars occur, then shouldn't you also call into question why, just off the top of my head, some school kid's lunch money got stolen or why an employee has to take a paycut? What exactly is the defining line for what should and should not occur in the world? I'm curious as to what degree of perfection you would expect in this life with the presence of a creator.

• Like 4

It's a possibility that there's life on Mars still - astronomers just recently (within the last 2 weeks or so) discovered that there's likely liquid water underneath the surface of Mars

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/nasa-mars-probe-finds-evidence-water-martian-soil/story?id=14233931#.UAdxaTGe6xI

That's not the exact link, but its the same idea.

And I do respect your opinion, and I apologize if it came off like I didn't.

Oh yeah I bet I'm quite aware of the Mars subject and also what all sorta things they found there. Now if you look back in to our human history more then 2,000+ years ago (stuff you dont like ^_^ ) you find a lot of connects with what was at Mars and so on. Our past history can teach us a lot my friend.

And no worries bro and I as well respect your opinions as well. You're a quite educated 19 yeard old I should say, keep it up.

I can't speak for/to a creator, but if I could I'd ask why would a creator of the Universe care about 16 year old Wali when there's mass genocide, famine, and wars going on every day that it chooses to ignore?

Maybe because this creator is patient and wiling to see how mankind evolves. Maybe it opts to see what happens instead of interfering with its species.

Edited by Cleveland's Finest
  • Like 1

Chooses to ignore? Would that mean He also chooses to ignore disease, corruption, and hostility? This life isn't meant to be perfection or anything close to it. The significance of this life is that it's a path into the next one. Struggles, no matter how severe they are, are part of life, whether they are affecting you, me, or an individual fighting for their life against unjust rule. If I told you that any being who handles the struggles in their lives in the right manner would be assisting themselves in earning a perfect life in the hereafter, where would you see the imperfection in the creator? Relative to the endless afterlife, the length of this life is nothing. So it's not that the creator is choosing to ignore anything. The whole idea is that just about everything in everyone's life is nothing more than a test for the hereafter.

If you're going to call into question why occurrences like genocide, famine, and wars occur, then shouldn't you also call into question why, just off the top of my head, some school kid's lunch money got stolen or why an employee has to take a paycut? What exactly is the defining line for what should and should not occur in the world? I'm curious as to what degree of perfection you would expect in this life with the presence of a creator.

~bow~ (+1 Rep given)

Indeed my friend well said. I've heard a person can live 100 years or even 200 years old (We don't know anyone that lived that long in our modern era or 1,000 years ago. But a person could live 100 or 200 years or and that amount of time will NOT even equal 0.5second in the hereafter! Not even ONE FULL second. This life and body is a prison for you spirit.

First off +1 for the great post.

And next, I'm not saying that if there were a creator in this world, that everything would have to be perfect. My opinion is that if a creator knowingly allows for mass destruction, why would you want that type of influence to be in your life?

I don't question why a kid's lunch money gets stolen because that is apart of life, which is a part that I agree with you. I don't think life should be "perfect" in a sense, my biggest qualm is why would he just turn his back away on so many people who actually need God in their lives?

Maybe because this creator is patient and wiling to see how mankind evolves. Maybe it opts to see what happens instead of interfering with its species.

So your creator, your father, enjoys seeing his children perish under circumstances that only he can control?

First off +1 for the great post.

And next, I'm not saying that if there were a creator in this world, that everything would have to be perfect. My opinion is that if a creator knowingly allows for mass destruction, why would you want that type of influence to be in your life?

I don't question why a kid's lunch money gets stolen because that is apart of life, which is a part that I agree with you. I don't think life should be "perfect" in a sense, my biggest qualm is why would he just turn his back away on so many people who actually need God in their lives?

He just said that this life is short compared to the hereafter and this life has no of matter. It's only of a test and this life is a prsion for your spirit, maybe to go through a learning exp for the hereafter?

So your creator, your father, enjoys seeing his children perish under circumstances that only he can control?

Stop rewording everyone's post. It's immature and really doesn't help the credibility of your argument.

I said that the creator is merely choosing to observe and give mankind a chance to change its ways as opposed to interfering. That doesn't mean it is enjoying what could be going on. There'a a huge difference.

Stop rewording everyone's post. It's immature and really doesn't help the credibility of your argument.

I said that the creator is merely choosing to observe and give mankind a chance to change its ways as opposed to interfering. That doesn't mean it is enjoying what could be going on. There'a a huge difference.

You said he's patient and willing, which means he's CHOOSING to let these people suffer. I'm not twisting your words at all. If he was an all-loving god, he wouldn't pick and choose his favorites.

EDIT: For example, what if I said I wasn't going to water my plant. To the plant, I am God. I provide it's water, it's sunlight, soil, everything it needs to survive. I'm going to be patient, and see if it can 'evolve,' or continue living, or if it'll figure out how to find the nutrients it needs by itself. Am I choosing to let it die, or not?

Edited by trutrojan8

You said he's patient and willing, which means he's CHOOSING to let these people suffer. I'm not twisting your words at all. If he was an all-loving god, he wouldn't pick and choose his favorites.

EDIT: For example, what if I said I wasn't going to water my plant. To the plant, I am God. I provide it's water, it's sunlight, soil, everything it needs to survive. I'm going to be patient, and see if it can 'evolve,' or continue living, or if it'll figure out how to find the nutrients it needs by itself. Am I choosing to let it die, or not?

Choosing the suffering over intervening is exactly what I said. You said that in that case it would mean that it enjoys the suffering. I don't see the connection between being patient and optimistic about something and enjoying something.

Choosing the suffering over intervening is exactly what I said. You said that in that case it would mean that it enjoys the suffering. I don't see the connection between being patient about something and enjoying something.

So he just sits back and watches thousands of undeserving children die every day. He has the power to stop it, but chooses not to. Correct me if I'm wrong by saying that.

So he just sits back and watches thousands of undeserving children die every day. He has the power to stop it, but chooses not to. Correct me if I'm wrong by saying that.

That goes with the point made earlier in this thread that what we do in this life is a test. The choices we make dictate not only life but the afterlife. The creator is going to see how its creations act in the context of all the possible situations that its species could be involved in. Then the creator will see how the actions of its creations affects the world.

The creator is observing, and maybe when things get so bad that the world is on the brink of extinction, the creator will be forced to interfere. Until then, it will let life dictate where its environment heads.

Choosing the suffering over intervening is exactly what I said. You said that in that case it would mean that it enjoys the suffering. I don't see the connection between being patient and optimistic about something and enjoying something. (...) The choices we make dictate not only life but the afterlife. The creator is going to see how its creations act in the context of all the possible situations that its species could be involved in. Then the creator will see how the actions of its creations affects the world.

The creator is observing, and maybe when things get so bad that the world is on the brink of extinction, the creator will be forced to interfere. Until then, it will let life dictate where its environment heads.

My thoughts exactly.

Edited by Sħãlïq̵'

That goes with the point made earlier in this thread that what we do in this life is a test. The choices we make dictate not only life but the afterlife. The creator is going to see how its creations act in the context of all the possible situations that its species could be involved in. Then the creator will see how the actions of its creations affects the world.

So said child, who's parents were both killed, and who was born with AIDS, is supposed to believe in this God. He is supposed to thank god for the life given to him, and worship this God who gave him this shitty life.

But if he doesn't... if he does not believe in this God whom he has never heard of, then he burns in a firey pit for the rest of eternity.

Damn what a shitty deal for that poor child!

Edited by trutrojan8