Life After Death?

1. If you are divorced and are not with a woman I believe God will give you a single woman up in heaven so you can be happy.

2. If your good friends went to hell you should move on.. I mean- You prob meet famous people you looked up to when you were little or George Washington or Martin King Luther. Just think about it you can chat with these people. Heaven after life going to be so BIGGG.

What happens if none of your friends, and none of your family enter into heaven? Everyone you've ever known and loved is suffering in a pit of doom for the rest of eternity. Do you find happiness in this?

Have you ever lied? Stolen anything? Said the lord's name in vain?

To god, you are a lying thief who swears on his name.. why would he want you in heaven?

Yea I have done all of those things but God love us equally and want us to be in heaven.

What happens if none of your friends, and none of your family enter into heaven? Everyone you've ever known and loved is suffering in a pit of doom for the rest of eternity. Do you find happiness in this?

Yes you will find happiness. God will wipe all the tear, sadness and heaven is the best feelings in the world.

Yea I have done all of those things but God love us equally and want us to be in heaven.

You've done 3/7 of the deadly sins... ever jerked off? 4. ever not finish your plate? 5.

In God's eyes, youre a lying thief who takes food from the hungry and has broken 5/7 deadly sins. I'd love to hear your case of why you should get into heaven.

Edited by trutrojan8

You've done 3/7 of the deadly sins... ever jerked off? 4. ever not finish your plate? 5.

In God's eyes, youre a lying thief who takes food from the hungry and has broken 5/7 deadly sins. I'd love to hear your case of why you should get into heaven.

Yes, I admit I am ashamed for what I did but I always love Jesus with my heart and Jesus love each & everybody equally like God. Its up to Jesus if he think you should go to heaven. If you accept him as your savior he will look after you as long you have him in your heart. He died on the cross for our life to get into heaven Without Jesus Christ nobody would be going to heaven. God is not happy with the things you've done but the only way you can go up to heaven is get to Jesus. You must have him in your heart and pray to him. Its only way. If you don't believe in Jesus then you are screwed.

Edited by CaliCurbStomppa

Yes, I admit I am ashamed for what I did but I always love Jesus with my heart and Jesus love each & everybody equally like God. Its up to Jesus if he think you should go to heaven. If you accept him as your savior he will look after you as long you have him in your heart. He died on the cross for our life to get into heaven Without Jesus Christ nobody would be going to heaven. God is not happy with the things you've done but the only way you can go up to heaven is get to Jesus. You must have him in your heart and pray to him. Its only way. If you don't believe in Jesus then you are screwed.

Do members of the KKK get into heaven? It was built on a "religious foundation" in Christianity. They show their hate everyday, and have a history of killing thousands. But, as long as they accept Jesus, they get into heaven, right?

• Owner

A fact is something that's indisputable, meaning there's only one answer, one truth. If the bible has multiple interpretations, then it isn't fact, it's disputable, and therefore the bible is not a fact.

No, I'm saying the Bible COULD be one interpretation of something that has had multiple, which is what has branched out to create so many religions in this world.

I've come to accept others' beliefs, as well as accepting those not believing at all for various reasons (ex. due to there being multiple religions, or just basing everything off of science and finding inaccuracies in the Bible).

I don't like pushing religion down anyone's throat for the reasons I've been discussing in this topic. Because of how I am, I don't like those that DO try and force it on others, and in addition to that, I don't like the non-believers that basically cripple the idea by mocking it. That's just how I am. I'd like to think that if science is advanced enough to tell us the age of the Earth, it has had enough time (through the years, and through the millions of people who have been questioning it) to tell us a little more about how we came to be.

When will we know? I would say we'll know more once God (or a god) is proven to be real or fake.

The likelihood that he's proven fake is so out of reach, because it means we would have to turn theories about the birth of our universe into facts...doubt it happens, and with no answer, even the non-believers have to wonder how the hell a design was put into place so effectively...even if that "wondering" doesn't necessarily lead you to believe in God, you're still as puzzled as I am.

• Like 1

Do members of the KKK get into heaven? It was built on a "religious foundation" in Christianity. They show their hate everyday, and have a history of killing thousands. But, as long as they accept Jesus, they get into heaven, right?

Yea if they believe in Jesus they will go up to heaven. All sins is the same in god's eyes.. Murder and masterbation is the same in god's eyes.

No, I'm saying the Bible COULD be one interpretation of something that has had multiple, which is what has branched out to create so many religions in this world.

I've come to accept others' beliefs, as well as accepting those not believing at all for various reasons (ex. due to there being multiple religions, or just basing everything off of science and finding inaccuracies in the Bible).

I don't like pushing religion down anyone's throat for the reasons I've been discussing in this topic. Because of how I am, I don't like those that DO try and force it on others, and in addition to that, I don't like the non-believers that basically cripple the idea by mocking it. That's just how I am. I'd like to think that if science is advanced enough to tell us the age of the Earth, it has had enough time (through the years, and through the millions of people who have been questioning it) to tell us a little more about how we came to be.

When will we know? I would say we'll know more once God (or a god) is proven to be real or fake.

The likelihood that he's proven fake is so out of reach, because it means we would have to turn theories about the birth of our universe into facts...doubt it happens, and with no answer, even the non-believers have to wonder how the hell a design was put into place so effectively...even if that "wondering" doesn't necessarily lead you to believe in God, you're still as puzzled as I am.

The age of science is a mere millisecond on the timescale of the existence of humans. Everyday science changes, and that's the beauty of it. I'm not saying "This is how it was, how it is, and how it will be." I hope science prove me wrong, because if it does it just means we as a species become more educated. In the 13.72 billion years of this Universe's existence, it took humans 13.719999999999 billion years to figure out how to even travel among our own planet. Given an infinite amount of time, science will eventually prove everything.

What's wrong with this? You mean we as humans would have to admit we were wrong? Who gives a shit! The fact that a 2000 year old lie is still believed today is puzzling to me. What's wrong with rewriting theories? There's absolutely nothing wrong with being wrong, only ignorant. I can't prove there isn't a god just as much as you can't prove I'm not typing this while riding my unicorn.

This is something else I question. I think a lot of the Bible has been misinterpreted over time, altered so much. Some of these punishments mentioned in the Bible don't exactly fit into place, and I'm almost in line to say that different cultures, over time, had a big influence on these written words...whatever book you or I decide to read.

Of course, we aren't going to stone someone to death...but maybe that was ideal for a particular culture thousands of years ago.

The Earth being 6,000 years old (according to the Bible)...well, I'd like to know when all of this was first written/translated (not just the Bible, but well before that), and even deeper into the equation, how long was the Earth inhabited before it was written? How did anyone have any knowledge of how long the Earth existed in the first place? These are the words of God, of course, but again, I'm one to point out that things may have been translated poorly over time, some even from the start.

It was dinosaurs before humans came onto earth. According to this-The bible begin when it was adam and eve. The first 2 humans of garden in eden

I'd like to think that if science is advanced enough to tell us the age of the Earth, it has had enough time (through the years, and through the millions of people who have been questioning it) to tell us a little more about how we came to be.

They have been doing tests recently to mimic the 'Big Bang', and I believe were close to successful (or successful to some degree). I'd say that is a massive advancement. And considering all the progression we've made in the last 100 years or so in science, I think it's safe to assume in 500 years we'll have a much better understanding of what created the universe.

• Owner

The age of science is a mere millisecond on the timescale of the existence of humans. Everyday science changes, and that's the beauty of it. I'm not saying "This is how it was, how it is, and how it will be." I hope science prove me wrong, because if it does it just means we as a species become more educated. In the 13.72 billion years of this Universe's existence, it took humans 13.719999999999 billion years to figure out how to even travel among our own planet. Given an infinite amount of time, science will eventually prove everything.

What's wrong with this? You mean we as humans would have to admit we were wrong? Who gives a shit! The fact that a 2000 year old lie is still believed today is puzzling to me. What's wrong with rewriting theories? There's absolutely nothing wrong with being wrong, only ignorant. I can't prove there isn't a god just as much as you can't prove I'm not typing this while riding my unicorn.

Your second paragraph...you completely misunderstood what I said, but this isn't a surprise to me because you're getting defensive.

I'm not going to continue the discussion. There is no point. Religion causes so many problems because people conflict over it, almost in the same way people bicker back and forth about whether or not God exists. Many atheists shove their ideas down our throat as much as obsessed Christians push it down theirs.

If the discussion is going to turn into that, I'm going to drop it from the board entirely, put a ban on it, and suspend anyone bringing up religion in ANY topic. There's no way I'll respect any discussion, or anyone involved in that particular discussion, that hits rock bottom simply because they don't have the discipline to appreciate another person's opinion.

• Like 1

Your second paragraph...you completely misunderstood what I said, but this isn't a surprise to me because you're getting defensive.

I'm not going to continue the discussion. There is no point. Religion causes so many problems because people conflict over it, almost in the same way people bicker back and forth about whether or not God exists. Many atheists shove their ideas down our throat as much as obsessed Christians push it down theirs.

If the discussion is going to turn into that, I'm going to drop it from the board entirely, put a ban on it, and suspend anyone bringing up religion in ANY topic. There's no way I'll respect any discussion, or anyone involved in that particular discussion, that hits rock bottom simply because they don't have the discipline to appreciate another person's opinion.

Where am I pushing beliefs down someones throat? I've said multiple times throughout this thread how I respect other's opinions, and how they brought up good points in their posts. There's nothing wrong with having a discussion about a controversial topic in a mature way, if anything maybe this post should've been to the person condemning people to hell for all eternity. If your faith can move mountains, it should be able to withstand criticism.

EDIT: I'm not directing this toward you, but the reason religion is such a controversial topic is because people get butthurt about what other people think. A world without religion or borders would be an ideal world to live in.

Edited by trutrojan8

Wow, I gotta admit I never thought this thread'll spread over 6 pages... Thanks everyone for voicing your opinion!

The problem is we don't function perfectly together and religion is one of the leading causes.

And in a way that's a paradox.

Multiple holy books once contained identical messages. Since then, all of these books, with the exception of one, have been altered significantly by humans, but numerous connections can still be made between all of those religious texts.

What is the one that hasn't been altered?

Edited by Sħãlïq̵'

A fact is something that's indisputable, meaning there's only one answer, one truth. If the bible has multiple interpretations, then it isn't fact, it's disputable, and therefore the bible is not a fact.

:huh: Difference of opinion here. I agree with what Brandon said:

I don't like pushing religion down anyone's throat for the reasons I've been discussing in this topic. Because of how I am, I don't like those that DO try and force it on others, and in addition to that, I don't like the non-believers that basically cripple the idea by mocking it. That's just how I am. I'd like to think that if science is advanced enough to tell us the age of the Earth, it has had enough time (through the years, and through the millions of people who have been questioning it) to tell us a little more about how we came to be. (...)

Let's take a look at Christianity and Islam, for example: according to both -- the Bible, and the Quran, there's only one god. It doesn't matter how each religion calls this one god, what matters is they both have only one answer, one truth.

So, in other words, if I take LeBron's biography and translate it into Arabic would it mean him winning a title is not a fact..? And it never happened simply because it's told in a different language?

:(

(...) If the discussion is going to turn into that, I'm going to drop it from the board entirely, put a ban on it, and suspend anyone bringing up religion in ANY topic. There's no way I'll respect any discussion, or anyone involved in that particular discussion, that hits rock bottom simply because they don't have the discipline to appreciate another person's opinion.

I hope the discussion won't turn into that... I started this topic with an intention of discussing a potential sequence of our lifecycle after the body's death. The topic's NOT about whether or not God exists! Please, don't bring up ANY religion in here. Thanks.

:huh: Difference of opinion here. I agree with what Brandon said:

Let's take a look at Christianity and Islam, for example: according to both -- the Bible, and the Quran, there's only one god. It doesn't matter how each religion calls this one god, what matters is they both have only one answer, one truth.

So, in other words, if I take LeBron's biography and translate it into Arabic would it mean him winning a title is not a fact..? And it never happened simply because it's told in a different language?

:(

I hope the discussion won't turn into that... I started this topic with an intention of discussing a potential sequence of our lifecycle after the body's death. The topic's NOT about whether or not God exists! Please, don't bring up ANY religion in here. Thanks.

You misinterpreted my entire message. Actually, it's closer to reading LeBron's biography, translating it to Arabic, and having everyone read it as "Kobe Bryant wins his first NFL Super Bowl ring"

Also, it's impossible to have a discussion about an afterlife without bringing religion into it.

You misinterpreted my entire message. Actually, it's closer to reading LeBron's biography, translating it to Arabic, and having everyone read it as "Kobe Bryant wins his first NFL Super Bowl ring"

Come to think about it, Kobe would've done fine in the NFL... :lol:

Also, it's impossible to have a discussion about an afterlife without bringing religion into it.

Not necessarily.

Edited by Sħãlïq̵'

Speak of the devil (no pun intended)...

New Planet Found, Smaller Than Earth, Orbiting Distant Star

Thirty-three light-years away, in the constellation Leo the lion, astronomers say they have found a world considerably smaller than Earth, orbiting a dim red-dwarf star.

That's something to think about. While scientists have confirmed the existence of more than 700 so-called exoplanets since 1995, most of them have been giant -- many considerably larger than Jupiter. This new world, say the researchers who found it, may be only 5,200 miles across, about two thirds as large as Earth.

http://news.yahoo.com/planet-found-smaller-earth-orbiting-distant-star-203543868--abc-news-tech.html

Edited by trutrojan8

How? :huh:

Instead of posting one-liners to increase your meaningless post count, enlighten me.

'one-liners'? :lol: Yeah, this topic is 'full' of one-line posts of mine.. So 'is' my crops one:

http://www.discusshoops.com/forums/topic/29973-crop-signs-pyramids/page__view__findpost__p__343116__fromsearch__1

Anyhow, I'm not going to enlighten you about anything. If you can't figure out something - that's your problem.

P.S.

Might as well take this to the PM system, since it'll go waaay off-topic.

Edited by Sħãlïq̵'

'one-liners'? :lol: Yeah, this topic is 'full' of one-line posts of mine.. So 'is' my crops one:

http://www.discusshoops.com/forums/topic/29973-crop-signs-pyramids/page__view__findpost__p__343116__fromsearch__1

Anyhow, I'm not going to enlighten you about anything. If you can't figure out something - that's your problem.

P.S.

Might as well take this to the PM system, since it'll go waaay off-topic.

if you can't explain your stance in your own thread, you shouldn't have even started it.

• Like 2