Team USA vs. France

Real Deal

wait I thought you were from France lol

And you were right I am French indeed lol, but I've always loved the USA and it is actually my dream to one day become an American citizen. And to live in what I consider to be the greatest city ever : New York City. So I definitely root for Team USA. I always have. And no one was happier than me to see Carter posterize Weis in 2000 haha.

Besides the NBA is the only league I am REALLY interested in and all my favorite players are Americans (except Dirk) so I would root for them even if I didn't love the USA that much..

So for all these reasons I am 100% for Team USA in this Olympic tournament. As I always have been. :)

And to live in what I consider to be the greatest city ever : New York City.

You're close...go across the river to another city beginning with N, that's the greatest city ever.

Anyway, this was the first time I've seen Team USA this summer. I came away a bit unimpressed. They don't have the same defensive ferocity that they had in 2008, and there isn't as much cohesion. They really miss Wade off the bench, too, with his defensive energy and ability to get to the rim at will. He was the best player on that 2008 squad.

And you were right I am French indeed lol, but I've always loved the USA and it is actually my dream to one day become an American citizen. And to live in what I consider to be the greatest city ever : New York City. So I definitely root for Team USA. I always have. And no one was happier than me to see Carter posterize Weis in 2000 haha.

Besides the NBA is the only league I am REALLY interested in and all my favorite players are Americans (except Dirk) so I would root for them even if I didn't love the USA that much..

So for all these reasons I am 100% for Team USA in this Olympic tournament. As I always have been. :)

I was rooting for France for you Oliver, don't worry!!!

I was rooting for France for you Oliver, don't worry!!!

Lol you don't have to tell me that Chuck, I know you were. I know you always root against the US... You're a sell out to your country man. Although I can't blame you as I am kinda a sell out to mine either..

Man if we could trade our citizenships I would do it in a heartbeat. You can trust me on that one. ;)

Lots of Americans sell out on their country....I read a story about team USA on ESPN and 50% of the comments are people from the USA rooting against their own country because

1. They don't like the fact this team thinks they are better than the 92' team

2. Some people still blatantly hate Lebron or just certain players on the team either way

3. They think the team is full of egotistical/selfish players

4. They hate Obama (which has nothing to do with basketball, but still)

I sell out on them in the World Cup for Spain because my parents were raised in Spain and I like the players, but I don't just hope they lose every game possible and I cheer for them in any other game.

Edited by SRV

I had to DVR the game because I was working, but it was fun to watch. Way too many foul calls, which made the game get kind of slow moving...

France never had a chance. They were pretty awful. I wish Davis would see more playing time, when our clear only defensive weakness is under the hood and protecting the rim...SMH Coach K

Lots of Americans sell out on their country....I read a story about team USA on ESPN and 50% of the comments are people from the USA rooting against their own country because

2. Some people still blatantly hate Lebron or just certain players on the team either way

I sell out on them in the World Cup for Spain because my parents were raised in Spain and I like the players, but I don't just hope they lose every game possible and I cheer for them in any other game.

I've yet to hear anyone I know say they are rooting against the US. I'd say that's about 100 people out of, what, 300 million in this country?

1-3 pretty much sums it up for me. I'll root for USA in other events, just not Basketball.

I didn't watch the game but I was listening to some post game coverage. They said that Tony Parker looked out of shape, is their any truth to that? Those goggles looked absolutely ridiculous on him lol, I wonder if that's a permanent thing for him.

As far as I know the goggles are only for the olympics. They said that if the glass was just 2mm away, he would have lost an eye....

As for Parker being out of shape, I don't think that's the case. I think it's more of Tony just being worn down. He carried the Spurs in a deep PO run, and he's expected to carry the FNT as well. He's been going non stop for like 2 seasons/summers now.

Lol you don't have to tell me that Chuck, I know you were. I know you always root against the US... You're a sell out to your country man. Although I can't blame you as I am kinda a sell out to mine either..

Man if we could trade our citizenships I would do it in a heartbeat. You can trust me on that one. ;)

Lol, how have you been?

Lol, how have you been?

Been fine man. It's been a while right haha ? Well I'm busier than ever in real life now and to be honest I prefer to spend my leisure time doing sport, hanging out or reading than being before a computer screen.. Still try to check out the forum once in a while.

What about you ?