The Random Thread v2

Real Deal

In a radical departure from previous aid packages, euro zone finance ministers want Cyprus savers to forfeit a portion of their deposits in return for a 10 billion  ($13 billion) bailout for the island, which has been financially crippled by its exposure to neighboring Greece.

The decision, announced on Saturday morning, stunned Cypriots and caused a run on ATM cash points, most of which were depleted within hours. Electronic transfers were stopped. The originally proposed levies on deposits are 9.9% for those exceeding 100,000 and 6.7% on anything below that. The Cypriot government on Sunday discussed with lenders the possibility of changing the levy to 3.0% for deposits below 100,000, and to 12.5% for above that sum, a source close to the consultations told Reuters on condition of anonymity. (...)

The move to take a percentage of deposits, which could raise almost 6 billion, must be ratified by parliament, where no party has a majority. If it fails to do so, President Anastasiades has warned, Cyprus's two largest banks will collapse.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/03/17/us-cyprus-parliament-idUSBRE92G03I20130317

The EU sucks big time!

Jason Kidd will give the NBA its fourth active 40-year-old when he celebrates his birthday Saturday, joining Knicks teammate Kurt Thomas,Grant Hill of the Clippers and Miami's Juwan Howard. Kidd also recently became only the third player in league history to amass at least 100 steals when aged at least 40 at the end of the season. Michael Jordan (123 steals in 2002-03) and John Stockton (152 steals in 2001-02 and 137 in 2002-03) are the other two.

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/weekenddime-130322-23/weekend-dime

I guess you saw my tweet.. :dribble: Your post made my day! Hope to see you here more often.

#ALCStarHeel'sBACK :rock:

I got a PM in the morning before your tweet actually. Everyone gets a PM on their anny. But yes I did see it :dribble:

Oh how I missed that dribble emoticon.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

^Too long. I remember when it first shut down, I keep clicking the 'OTR' bookmark I had everyday for like a month straight hoping it was going to be back up...lol.

RD, can you mass-email everyone and hope they see it to come back?

• Like 1