The Random Thread v2

Real Deal

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8937440/kobe-bryant-chides-twitter-follower-using-anti-gay-insult

Honestly, I don't see why would Kobe go outta his way for something like that? I mean, it's not like he's running for president. At the end of the day, who'd really give a damn he chided that fan? Kobe's one of my favorite athletes but this comes 22 months after he was fined $100K for calling a ref a homophobic slur... so why bother wasting time? Who cares?

Because if you read the exchange, you would see where Kobe acknowledged his mistake and learned from it and is now trying to use it as a learning experience for everyone

^ I bet more people cared about his chiding that guy on twitter than you chiding him in the random thread.

I'm not 'chiding' anyone here.... at least not yet. ;)

Because if you read the exchange, you would see where Kobe acknowledged his mistake and learned from it and is now trying to use it as a learning experience for everyone.

Yeah, either that or... he hasn't changed at all but badly wants us to think so. Either way - homophobic or not - I'd still have the same respect and admiration for him. Honestly, it doesn't really matter to me how he feels about stuff like that.

And one other thing -- you said "Kobe acknowledged his mistake". 'Mistake'? What mistake? USA = a free country. I mean, I'm not supposed to tolerate people's sexual preference. Isn't everyone free to feel however one should about things? Ok, even if Kobe hates homosexuals - fine! Who are we to judge him?! :huh: The NBA fined him because they had a motive. That doesn't mean they necessarily care about anything, though. They fined him for two reasons:

1. They're greedy, and love fining folks for whatever reason. 
  2. Not fining him would've hurt the league's image.

Now, if Kobe's chiding people only because majority of the society would find it cool -- that would suck big time. If I were him - I wouldn't acknowledge anything, and I definitely wouldn't go out of my way to chide anyone, even if that anyone supports me.

Edited by Sħãlïq™

I'm not 'chiding' anyone here.... at least not yet. ;)

Yeah, either that or... he hasn't changed at all but badly wants us to think so. Either way - homophobic or not - I'd still have the same respect and admiration for him. Honestly, it doesn't really matter to me how he feels about stuff like that.

And one other thing -- you said "Kobe acknowledged his mistake". 'Mistake'? What mistake? USA = a free country. I mean, I'm not supposed to tolerate people's sexual preference. Isn't everyone free to feel however one should about things? Ok, even if Kobe hates homosexuals - fine! Who are we to judge him?! :huh: The NBA fined him because they had a motive. That doesn't mean they necessarily care about anything, though. They fined him for two reasons:

• They're greedy, and love fining folks for whatever reason.
  • Not fining him would've hurt the league's image.
Now, if Kobe's chiding people only because majority of the society would find it cool -- that would suck big time. If I were him - I wouldn't acknowledge anything, and I definitely wouldn't go out of my way to chide anyone, even if that anyone supports me.
U wot m8? Bigotry isn't cool. Kobe isn't a bigot and realized he said something he shouldn't have in a heated moment. He spoke without thinking, it happens to everyone. He admitted himself it was a mistake and apologized to those he offended. Furthermore he doesn't want his fans saying hateful words. I don't understand what you're trying to say.

Btw the nba doesn't fine players because they're greedy. The money goes to charity.

Edited by Lkr

U wot m8? Bigotry isn't cool. Kobe isn't a bigot and realized he said something he shouldn't have in a heated moment. He spoke without thinking, it happens to everyone. He admitted himself it was a mistake and apologized to those he offended. Furthermore he doesn't want his fans saying hateful words. I don't understand what you're trying to say.

Btw the nba doesn't fine players because they're greedy. The money goes to charity.

I was trying to say it would suck if he apologized for what he said in "the heat of the battle" only because of what others think. I understand that may not be the case. There's a big IF here.

The money goes to charity? That's cool.

Edited by Sħãlïq™

is shaliq okay?  no lie, i started to worry when I noticed he hadn't posted in a few days after the news broke about that nightclub fire in Brazil.  obviously i have no idea if he is even remotely close in location to the incident, just hoping he is okay.

Just saw this going through some old posts now. Thanks for your thoughts! Actually, my girlfriend is from a town nearby Santa Maria. Colleagues of her friends were at that nightclub on that night. I remember her telling me how cool the place is. She wanted to go out on that night. Santa Maria is not that far and has good nightlife options so we could've ended up going there... Good thing I was too tired and said: "HELL NO! Not tonight!" Besides there was a Clippers game that night and I'd hate to miss it! ;)

#ClipsetFTW

I'm not 'chiding' anyone here....

chide
verb
1.to express disapproval of

Honestly, I don't see why would Kobe go outta his way for something like that?

this comes 22 months after he was fined $100K for calling a ref a homophobic slur...

Edited by iMan

^ LOL @ "Africans are poor and starving 'cause they're bad people"... I wonder what she thinks about African-Americans like Ali, Kareem and Malcolm X...

Seeing as none of them are African, it doesn't matter.  It is more interesting to note that all of them are/were Muslims

• Like 1

You never posted that. And not all Africans are black

I didn't say that all of them are/were Muslims because it's quite obvious. Moreover, I listed African-American Muslims on purpose (as TQP was taking jabs at religions different from Christian.).

I wonder what that "Teen Quotes Page" thinks of Hakeem "The Dream", who was born in Africa, is a Muslim, and represented the United States internationally...

EDIT:

Never mind. Not into discussing this anymore.

Edited by Sħãlïq™

I didn't say that all of them are/were Muslims because it's quite obvious. Moreover, I listed African-American Muslims on purpose (as TQP was taking jabs at religions different from Christian.).

I wonder what that "Teen Quotes Page" thinks of Hakeem "The Dream", who was born in Africa, is a Muslim, and represented the United States internationally...

EDIT:

Never mind. Not into discussing this anymore.

you take shit way too seriously