Official NBA 2K13 Thread

Sħãlïq™

i actually like playing this game this year 2k12 was a flop imo hardly played it, hated it. (i dont play online) but this years my player is 10xxxxxxxxxxx times better. its more a of challenge and i enjoy all the little extra things they have added. one gay thing with the pc version is they dont add in preset names when you create your guy so i always get called by a nickname.

noticed a few bugs in the game where they dont count a rebound or an assist but that hardly happens. and im yet to see them put my guy in a stupid position or have a dumb ass line up.. i remember last year i was drafted to the bulls as a C and the line up was me, noah, boozer, gibson and rose...

really? that's what i was wondering, really that much of a difference?

man i'll have to download the demo if there is one for PS3

I loved 2k12 last year to be honest, one of my favorite sports games ofa ll time. i went like 82-44 online...and i don't even normally play video games like that, but all i did was play people online and i got pretty good at the game.

eventually the game just became boring because i had no interest in the other game modes outside of playing people online

it just has a different feel. 11 to 12 did this too, and i don't know why this happens so often with this game. i mean i know we all complain about madden every year being the same piece of shit, but at least it remains consistent in the way it plays. they kinda nerfed the offense last year imo(removal of the hop step), but this year defense just feels hard and everything is fast paced

I LOVE IT! Way better than 2k12 by a long shot. The only thing I don't like is you HAVE to play with VC online. You cant play with skill points. now granted i DO NOT use my player online I would still like to buy things for my player using the store. So I guess 2k gets more money off of me because I will purchase skill points. The dribble moves are great. You dont miss wide open 3s like in 2k12. Stealing is more accurate. This really is the best sports game of all time. Even better than 2k11

I finally found my first problem with this game and its the rebounding. I don't know if anyone else has had this problem but I played a game online the other day and I got out rebounded on the offensive glass 17 to 3, no joke. Granted I had the Knicks and I was going against the Bulls who are a better rebounding team I found a lot of the offensive rebounds my opponent was getting were B.S. I would have 3 to 4 guys around the basket for a defensive rebound to his one guy standing in the middle and he would still get the offensive rebound. And there were times were my dude was in perfect position for a defensive rebound but the ball ends up being tipped multiple times until it ends back into my opponents hands. During one defensive possession in this game I had Melo, STAT, and Chandler under the goal and boxing out for a defensive rebound and Rip Hamilton who was far behind these guys ends up somehow getting it. I know some will probably say box out but that's what I did and it still happened. This has also happened to guys that I have played against I would get multiple offensive rebounds in a row that I know I shouldn't be getting. It's understandable at first but after awhile it gets annoying, repetitive, and unrealistic. So far this is my only problem with the game but other than that its still a great game and miles better than 2k12 IMO. I just hope they make a patch to improve the defensive rebounding or tone down the offensive rebounding some. Has anyone else had this problem yet?

Ive had same problems with rebounding. My players never box out and it always leads to offensive boards. Hopefully they patch it soon

this game is pretty sick man i just played the demo

my only complaint is what happened to the shot stick? i have to shoot with square (ps3), the [expletive] is that? lol

otherwise game is way smoother, graphics are crisper, and the animations are much more realistic. i'm about to go buy this shit today damn

the only thing i would say it's hard to truly judge the game playing on the default view. i have to play on the 2k camera view...its so much more enjoyable!

^^Nah u can change it back to the old one they made the right stick the crazy dribble thing but you can edit it bak to original.

word...that's a good thing. hopefully you can do that online too

this game is pretty sick man i just played the demo

my only complaint is what happened to the shot stick? i have to shoot with square (ps3), the [expletive] is that? lol

otherwise game is way smoother, graphics are crisper, and the animations are much more realistic. i'm about to go buy this shit today damn

the only thing i would say it's hard to truly judge the game playing on the default view. i have to play on the 2k camera view...its so much more enjoyable!

You don't have to use square to shoot, you can still use the shot stick if you hold LT/L2 while you use the shot stick.

Majority of people on there are just saying there are little things that need to be fixed. Still anybody I've talked to who has played it likes it and everyone on here but you likes it. I can admit the game is far from perfect but saying the game has fallen off isn't right to me. Especially gameplay.

I know, but using the L2 button is borderline impossible while trying to make a dribbling move first, then having to hit L2 and then use the shot stick to take your shot. I always get it blocked or pull up for a wack shot.

A little thing that has been a bit annoying to me since 2k11 that they still haven't changed is in the post-game interview how there are about 20 people sitting in the crows, yet there are only 3 different people types. Like is it really that hard to mkae the back of a few more peoples head so that my interview doesn't consist of 3 sets of 8-touplets interviewing me. I know it really has no impact on the game at all, its just a little pet-peeve of mine that I figured would have been fixed by now.

• Like 1

This game has absolutely no defense. I play the CPU on hall of fame difficulty and were both making every shot. Im shooting 60 % and the CPU is shooting 65 %. This is no fault of my own however, they make incredibly ridiculous shots. I have the Lakers vs the Jazz and no matter what kind of defensive position I take they always score, Al Jefferson just makes face up jumpers over Dwight or theyll make a contested 3. Meanwhile I score at a ridiculous pace too, but still end up losing.

Thats why this game sucks. For people like me who want to play on HOF, while the rest of you chumps are playin on rookie and having fun.

I will admit I'm starting to get really frustrated with this game. I can't find a release I like with my My Player. I used to use Steph Curry's in 2k11 and 2k12 but I'm pretty sure they changed it because now I can't get it. I've bought like 3 of them and I always get it wrong. I don't think its at fault with the game, I'm just having a lot of trouble adjusting.

I also had a glitch with my My Player. I'm on the Kings, and Cousins got injured with a severe ankle sprain which he was supposed to be out 2-4 weeks. He didn't miss a single game though and I checked and he's still got the same rating.