Will LeBron James Win His Second Ring This Year?

EastCoastNiner

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I just replied to you in the other LA Heat thread. Idk if you're trying to troll or something so I'll just take your post as a joke.

The Heat have the two best players on either team, and one of them by a WIIIIDDDDEEEEEE margin.

Kobe's has become a major chucker in recent years, even though the blind homer Lakers fans will deny it. The statistics don't like though.

Dwight isn't anything worthwhile offensively, and will have to rely on Nash.

You really think Kobe will stick with his chucking ways after they just acquired Dwight and Nash? Kobe will still get the ball in the post time to time but he'll get a plethora of open jumpers which will make his job much easier.

I don't understand why you keep saying Dwight will rely off of Nash. Yes he will get a lot of easy dunks with him but Dwight has a good enough offensive game to take on guys like Joel Anthony, Darko Millicic or any other weak center one on one all day.

You really think Kobe will stick with his chucking ways after they just acquired Dwight and Nash? Kobe will still get the ball in the post time to time but he'll get a plethora of open jumpers which will make his job much easier.

I don't understand why you keep saying Dwight will rely off of Nash. Yes he will get a lot of easy dunks with him but Dwight has a good enough offensive game to take on guys like Joel Anthony, Darko Millicic or any other weak center one on one all day.

Dwight has no offensive game at all besides relying on alley-oops and put backs.

I hope the Heat can get a decent defending big man because a series between the Lakers and Heat wouldn't even be close if that were the case.

• Owner

I remember how much better LeBron was than Dirk, also...and just how bad Dirk shot in the 2011 NBA Finals (around 42%).

I'm not going to rule out Boston winning the East, either, but they will be in a dog fight against Miami, and it's going to be up to Bradley, Rondo and Garnett (their defense) to contain Wade and Bosh.

It's going to be interesting to see how the Heat defend the Princeton, when it contains two superstars and two all-stars, with legitimate big men that can play the low and high post. We already had this conversation in another topic, though.

• Owner

Dwight has no offensive game at all besides relying on alley-oops and put backs.

He shot 39 free throws (surpassing Wilt's record) against the Warriors a year or two ago, just because he was near the rim every single time the ball was dumped into the low post. He was going to dunk every chance he had.

You do realize Drew only has two post moves, right? Everyone likes to talk about how good he is, offensively, but apparently, nobody really sees him play. He literally has two post moves, and Howard developed one that he learned from Hakeem.

If Dwight's offense was bad enough to be a problem for the Lakers, it would have been absolute hell for the Orlando Magic...but teams were so afraid of Howard, they doubled him instantly, just to keep him from dunking the ball, and it led to the ball swinging out and around the perimeter (the four out, one in offense that SVG installed), and that Orlando team found their way into the Finals with just one superstar.

You guys will see.

• Owner

I think injuries certainly need to be considered.

You have an older Nash, Howard who has been injured, and an older Kobe as well. They need to stay healthy.

They'll win the Western Conference handily though.

They were worried about Dirk, Terry, Kidd, and Marion, also.

The only thing we are concerned about is Dwight's back, and when he'll be available (if it's November or January). That's it. Nash's role in the offense won't be as stressful as it was in his seven-second offense, and better yet, it also gives him an opportunity to be a spot-up shooter (like Mike Miller and Ray Allen were, guys who were Greg Oden'ing it out there and still getting shots up). Nash will be okay.

I'll never worry about Kobe.

I still say its pretty 50/50

Miami will have an advantage on the offensive end, but because of that, Miami will also have problems defensively with that same unit. Perimeter defense will be crucial to try and avoid the ball getting until the post.

I still think the Heat will take it this year though.

I say no.

LA comes out of the the West, whom they cant beat. And the east is still solid, with Boston, Indiana, New Jersey, and Knicks (they gonna be miles better with Kidd running the show). Beating two of those teams and then going into the finals to play a stacked LA team just isnt gonna happen.

I am not scared of the Lakers. No team out there can dismantle us in a seven game series, even teams that had the perfect recipe to beat us weren't able to do it. There is no stopping Lebron, he is that dominant. When he puts up 20,7,7 its an off game, and he was consistently putting up about 30 ppg in the playoffs, along with almost a triple double most of the time. We were even able to beat some teams without Chris Bosh and with Wade being a dumb ass for 50% of the playoffs. Not saying we are a perfect team, but our bench has more shooting now. Last year our bench was crap, and look where we ended up. What makes you think we have a tougher road to the finals than they do? I am not convinced they can beat the Spurs or Thunder yet, because no one knows what their team can do.

I expect us to meet in the Finals, but I am confident that we can figure out how to match up with them.

Edited by SRV

On paper, Lakers are better probably better...

But we've yet to see them play together, and with two MAJOR additions, I find it hard to believe they'll be able to put it all together to go all the way in year one. As we saw with the Heat in year one, it's hard to put it all together. Plus, LA will face stiffer competition throughout the West to get to the finals having to play LAC, who I think will be improved, and obviously the Thunder and Spurs.

I'm going to say the Heat win again next year. I do think the Lakers will make the Finals though....but I think with how much longer Miami has played together and how relaxed they'll be with the burden of winning a ring off their back, I think that might be the difference maker in an otherwise even series.

This year is going to be a lot harder than last year (OKC a year older... LA if they mesh...). The east is going to be a cakewalk which is definitely huge for Miami since OKC-LA will be an absolute slugfest. I don't care that Boston is deeper, losing Ray Allen hurts (love Jet but he is a totally different player) and getting relying on so many young guys/rooks is a huge question mark.

It will be interesting, that is for sure. LA has so much potential, but right now that's all it is, potential.

EDIT: for the record, I hope Miami wins. I wanna see LBJ continue to add to his resume as one of the goats. I don't know if his resume can take another finals loss, even if LA is a potentially better team.

Edited by Check my Stats

This year is going to be a lot harder than last year (OKC a year older... LA if they mesh...). The east is going to be a cakewalk which is definitely huge for Miami since OKC-LA will be an absolute slugfest. I don't care that Boston is deeper, losing Ray Allen hurts (love Jet but he is a totally different player) and getting relying on so many young guys/rooks is a huge question mark.

It will be interesting, that is for sure. LA has so much potential, but right now that's all it is, potential.

EDIT: for the record, I hope Miami wins. I wanna see LBJ continue to add to his resume as one of the goats. I don't know if his resume can take another finals loss, even if LA is a potentially better team.

Don't see East as complete cakewalk. Knicks and Pacers will probably be better. Don't sleep on Boston, either. Philly with Bynum could be intriguing, and who knows with Brooklyn...

The teams in the East I am worried about is Boston and maybe Chicago if they get Rose, even then Chicago can't beat us in a seven game series, so basically Boston. The Nets put some guys together, but I don't think its enough to beat us unless Joe Johnson becomes a basketball god. The Pacers gave us a good run, but they got us at a perfect time with no Bosh and Wade sucking for a few games. Philly has Bynum so maybe that will cause trouble, but they are still very young and seem to just sneak into the playoffs most of the time.

Boston is the only team that has the defense to stop us cold and the ability to put up enough points on our defense. Rondo isn't even an offensive threat, yet he destroyed us in the ECF.

Lol remember when Heat fans got destroyed on this site for thinking we'd win the Finals in year 1 before we ever played a game?

Hypocritical much?

Edited by Flash

Lol remember when Heat fans got destroyed on this site for thinking we'd win the Finals in year 1 before we ever played a game?

Hypocritical much?

Still a different situation though... And not everyone thought the Heat wouldn't win year one. Didn't JVG say the Heat would win like, 70 games or something?

Still a different situation though... And not everyone thought the Heat wouldn't win year one. Didn't JVG say the Heat would win like, 70 games or something?

Lol I'm just saying, some people were [expletive]in insulted and crying in every thread that we thought we'd be that good in year 1.

Either way, I'll say yes. LeBron wins his 2nd ring.

Lol I'm just saying, some people were [expletive]in insulted and crying in every thread that we thought we'd be that good in year 1.

Either way, I'll say yes. LeBron wins his 2nd ring.

Well, of course. I'm sure as you've learned by now, there's going to be plenty of haters and doubters no matter what when it comes to the Heat. The way they were put together and the way the stars went about it, there will be plenty of people always trying to detract credit from Miami.