Heisman Debate Thread

Warren2ThaG

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it will be between Barkley, Ball, Lattimore, and Jones. Most people think it will be Barkley but I think if Monte Ball has a season similar top last year he'll win. Lattimore should be a strong favorite too if he stays healthy

Edited by htownborn

• 2 weeks later...

I would think it is safe to say Jarvis Jones deserves to be in the discussion after his performance against Missouri.

If Sean Taylor and Ed Reed never got Heisman consideration, what makes you think Jarvis Jones is even close to being even mentioned in the Heisman race?

Sean Taylor was overrated

That's the dumbest thing i ever heard

85 tackles 4 interceptions as a sophomore

Big East Defensive Player of the year as a junior 10 interceptions as a JR (Miami Record)

3 int returned for TD (Miami Record)

yea 10 interceptions in a season is so overrated, winning national chips is overrated? 2 int in a national title game is overrated

You must mean he was overrated in NFL right?

89 tackles and 4 interceptions as a rookie

Pro Bowl by his 3rd season

At the time of his death in his 4th season he was tied for the NFL lead in INT despite being injured throughout the season

How the hell is Sean Taylor overrated, Dude was a beast in Miami and a beast in the NFL

If Sean Taylor and Ed Reed never got Heisman consideration, what makes you think Jarvis Jones is even close to being even mentioned in the Heisman race?

Like I said in my previous post, as of Week 2 I believe his name should be mentioned in the discussion. I understand that he doesn't have a realistic chance of winning it, but if he keeps it up I believe he has a chance of having an impact in the race.

Georgia is on TV just about every week so it won't be hard to get his name known around the country. While being on TV is great and all, it's all about how you perform on that stage and thus far he's been phenomenal. In the Missouri game his stat line was incredible. He had nine tackles, two sacks, two forced fumbles, and an interception. Plus, he's on a good Georgia team.

He has just about everything working in his favor, so I don't believe it to be a reach at this point in time to have him in the discussion.

What is there to discuss? The fact he won't win it and won't get invited to NYC?

The fact that with a performance like he had against Missouri he is getting a lot national recognition. If Georgia can get a win at South Carolina and head into the SEC Championship undefeated, there is no doubt in my mind that he will be in contention for the Heisman Trophy.

At this point time, it is Matt Barkley's to lose and this game against Stanford is pretty big considering he's never beaten them.

The fact that with a performance like he had against Missouri he is getting a lot national recognition. If Georgia can get a win at South Carolina and head into the SEC Championship undefeated, there is no doubt in my mind that he will be in contention for the Heisman Trophy.

At this point time, it is Matt Barkley's to lose and this game against Stanford is pretty big considering he's never beaten them.

You know who else has a shot to win if they go undefeated? Anyone!!!

http://i46.tinypic.com/s4pcnm.gif

don't matter

calling sean taylor overrated shows you don't know jack about college football

dissing a U legend that had a huge impact on the game, don't know if you practice stupidy or if it comes naturally

Edited by TheNotoriousBANG

geno smith looked so good week 1, if he can do that against real competition, he will be the favorite

Can't see him winning it unless he ends up posting better numbers than Barkley while leading the Mountaineers to a BCS bowl. Real test starts October 5th when West Virginia heads to "DKR" and faces Texas followed by Kansas State, TCU, and Oklahoma.

Cleaned up the thread. Would be nice to have a discussion without posting stupid GIFs, or trying to provoke other members. :rolleyes:

You're right, I'd love to give my opinion on a player without being met with comments such as:

That's the dumbest thing i ever heard

shows you don't know jack about college football

don't know if you practice stupidy or if it comes naturally

All of which are still chillin in the thread.