Collins wants Hawes to be the Sixers' P.Gasol

“I want (Hawes) to play the Pau Gasol role with Bynum,” Collins said. “Both (Hawes and Gasol) like to play out on the perimeter because they can shoot the ball and are very good passers.”

Woah, ho, hello there, Doug. Did you just say you want the Sacramento Kings lottery washout to play like a guy who was considered the best big man in the league two years ago?

But Collins isn't talking quantitatively, he's talking qualitatively. He wants Hawes to fit a similar role, to focus on the similar plays alongside Bynum, not take on the load or try what Gasol can do offensively.

---------

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/19980726/doug-collins-wants-spencer-hawes-to-be-the-sixers-pau-gasol

If Collins means that Hawes should work on his mid-range shooting, then I understand. But Hawes has nowhere near the skills Gasol does. I think LaVoy Allen should get more playing time next season anyways. I don't see much in Hawes.