NFL Gameday Week 3

NomarFachix

love the outrage

knock the ball down instead of going for the int lol, wouldn't have ended with simultaneous possession

Call the play right instead of calling the play wrong lol, wouldn't have ended with simultaneous possession

Honestly wouldn't be surprised to see this overturned in a protest, easily, EASILY, the worst 4th quarter officiating I have ever seen in my life.

Honestly the old refs blew calls too but never this bad lol...it's sad too because that's 3 of the last 4 primetime games that just sucked ass because the refs suck. May be time for fans to take a stand.

crazy that a vast majority of nfl people disagree with you

I was waiting for someone to make your point, and I gotta say it's stupid. Even if you swat a ball down it can still be caught. Jennings had the interception, period the end. I'd love to see this be the Giants and see you in this thread lol, you are so far on the side of wrong on this it's sad man...

I was waiting for someone to make your point, and I gotta say it's stupid.

So stupid that the entire league does it. I guarantee you Jennings is scolded in the tape room.

Even if you swat a ball down it can still be caught.

Not if you do it properly.

Jennings had the interception, period the end.

Sure seems to be the popular opinion.

I'd love to see this be the Giants and see you in this thread lol, you are so far on the side of wrong on this it's sad man...

Sorry that I don't agree with you, Fish. Sorry that I'm sad.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1427857/refss.gif

Left hand from the top of the catch, right hand when they hit the ground, hands never separate from the ball the entire time.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o70/dblplay1212/IMG_20120925_000700.jpg

Two hands on the ball, pulling it into his chest, wrestling with Jennings.

After the second pic, Jennings rolls over on Tate and makes it look 10x worse as they wrestle for the ball on the ground and Tate is appearing to reach through his body. But his hands don't separate from the ball after they're on it in midair.

Do people have a point in saying it was an interception? Sure. It's opinion based. But just because there is a shitty angle on TV that doesn't show Tate's left arm locked on the ball the entire time doesn't mean that it was this horrendously blasphemous call and the NFL should burn, Goodell should be shot, and we should all boycott the league until that happens.

Personally, I'm fine with the call. I'm fine with the review and the choice not to overturn. I see Tate with possession throughout. You don't? That's fine. I'm not mad about it.

So stupid that the entire league does it. I guarantee you Jennings is scolded in the tape room.

When a team scored on that THIS week then yes, it is stupid.

Not if you do it properly.

Maybe you should coach in the NFL then because proper ball swatting techniques are never shown, and no, no matter how hard and what direction you swat the ball it can always hit a shoe or object and still be caught, you are wrong.

Sure seems to be the popular opinion.

Not opinion, indisputable fact.

Sorry that I don't agree with you, Fish. Sorry that I'm sad.

I don't care if you agree with so don't apologize to me, and you are not sad, your opinion and conduct in this thread are...

Not gonna respond to your post cause it's wrong,

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1427857/refss.gif

just look at this gif and it's clear as [expletive]ing day, thanks for posting, JENNIGS CATCHES THE BALL!!! Tate has no hands on it, then as the fall to ground, Tate manages to eventually get 2 hands on the ball.

First off, just because your hands are touching the ball it means you caught the ball? lol

Secondly: Simultaneous Catch. If a pass is caught simultaneously by two eligible opponents, and both players retain it, the ball belongs to the passers. It is not a simultaneous catch if a player gains control first and an opponent subsequently gains joint control. If the ball is muffed after simultaneous touching by two such players, all the players of the passing team become eligible to catch the loose ball.

Jennings clearly has control of the ball first, clearly

Edited by fish7718

When a team scored on that THIS week then yes, it is stupid. Maybe you should coach in the NFL then because proper ball swatting techniques are never shown, and no, no matter how hard and what direction you swat the ball it can always hit a shoe or object and still be caught, you are wrong.

A team scored on it this week because, again, a scrub linebacker falling over fingertipped the ball away. The broadcasters during the game even said that you have designated swatters who get in position and bat it down with both hands at the top of their jump. This player, who was certainly not one of them, tapped it away with one hand and momentum going the wrong way because he was trying to make a play himself. Coaches teach it properly, just as coaches teach coverage and scheme properly. They can't control players doing stupid things.

It can hit a shoe or object, lol.

Not opinion, indisputable fact.

It absolutely is opinion. It's being disputed as we speak.

I don't care if you agree with so don't apologize to me, and you are not sad, your opinion and conduct in this thread are...

So because I don't agree with you, my conduct is sad? I feel a way that isn't popular in here, so I'm sad? Wow, welcome back fish. That insight was missed terribly.

So because I don't agree with you, my conduct is sad? I feel a way that isn't popular in here, so I'm sad? Wow, welcome back fish. That insight was missed terribly.

Nah your little troll gif and the high horse you seem to love to ride when you talk sports, breaking down everything letter for letter.

In the gif you post Tate's left and right hand are both OFF THE BALL for a point in time before he hits the ground, look closely. Jennings intercepted it, end of story.

Not gonna respond to your post cause it's wrong,

Mature.

just look at this gif and it's clear as [expletive]ing day, thanks for posting, JENNIGS CATCHES THE BALL!!! Tate has no hands on it, then as the fall to ground, Tate manages to eventually get 2 hands on the ball.

No hands on it? lol, no hands on it? There is not a point throughout the entire play where he has no hands on it. Watch again and hit me up. Left hand, right hand, ground, pulling into his chest. Catch.

First off, just because your hands are touching the ball it means you caught the ball? lol

When your hands are on the ball, pulling it into your chest, what else does that mean? If you have your hand on the ball the entire time that it is in play, what do you call it?

Secondly: Simultaneous Catch. If a pass is caught simultaneously by two eligible opponents, and both players retain it, the ball belongs to the passers. It is not a simultaneous catch if a player gains control first and an opponent subsequently gains joint control.

His left hand is on the ball at the exact same moment that Jennings' are, and his right hand is on it before they hit the ground. That, to me, is simultaneous.

Jennings clearly has control of the ball first, clearly

Your opinion, you're entitled to it. I disagree.

• Owner

I think Tate had his left hand on the ball the entire time, actually...but Jennings caught the ball with both hands, tucked it near his chest as he was coming down, and Tate's other hand came in after he was pulling on Jennings' right arm during the catch. That's an interception.

But, even before that, there was the offensive PI that wasn't called, and also, I believe there was a block in the back near the line of scrimmage that also went unnoticed.

When you put those three missed calls together, all on one hail mary play in the final seconds of the game...holy shit.

Nah your little troll gif and the high horse you seem to love to ride when you talk sports, breaking down everything letter for letter.

Gif was funny, and it was from the fat dude swallowing Rodgers on the ground. It was posted where I found it about halfway through the game. Sorry you misunderstood.

High horse because I break things down? Sorry for giving reasoning for my opinions, I should just start to spell things wrong and give a half explanation and then run away for a few days, call people sad, and throw fits. lol, can't believe I was just scolded for giving a detailed opinion on a football matter. :lol:

In the gif you post Tate's left and right hand are both OFF THE BALL for a point in time before he hits the ground, look closely. Jennings intercepted it, end of story.

I looked, I don't see his left hand off the ball ever. Neither do you, because the camera angle is on the wrong side. If you think it was an INT because Tate's right hand wasn't on the ball at the very moment that it was in dispute, that is fine. That is your opinion. I disagree.

there was the offensive PI that wasn't called

Not defending it, because it was absolutely an egregious penalty.. and should have been called as such. But I don't think I've ever seen one of those called on a hail mary play, and it happens on almost every one. Doesn't make sense for them to let it go, but they do.