NFL Gameday Week 3

NomarFachix

Gif was funny, and it was from the fat dude swallowing Rodgers on the ground. It was posted where I found it about halfway through the game. Sorry you misunderstood.

High horse because I break things down? Sorry for giving reasoning for my opinions, I should just start to spell things wrong and give a half explanation and then run away for a few days, call people sad, and throw fits. lol, can't believe I was just scolded for giving a detailed opinion on a football matter. :lol:

Point proven

http://i47.tinypic.com/5mcyyq.jpg

if the gif quality didn't suck this would be easier to show, but clearly tate takes his left hand of the ball and then reestablishes with the right and left after he hits the ground, at no time does he pull the ball toward his chest...

Edited by fish7718

at no time does he pull the ball toward his chest...

Right here I think he does:

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o70/dblplay1212/IMG_20120925_000700.jpg

As to taking his left hand off the ball, I honestly don't see it.. and I'm looking really hard to see what you see. I know he takes the right hand off the hand and back onto the ball, but I don't see the left separate from the ball at any point

As to taking his left hand off the ball, I honestly don't see it.. and I'm looking really hard to see what you see. I know he takes the right hand off the hand and back onto the ball, but I don't see the left separate from the ball at any point

Look where his left hand starts and where it ends up, as he falling to the ground he takes his left hand off to get a better grip of the ball and he grabs it simultaneously with both hands and hugs it. Jennings has it tucked to his chest and has control of it from the instant he gets both hands on it...

idk man I just don't see it. I respect your opinion and where you're coming from, but I just don't agree. I think it's ridiculous with all the outrage, giving out phone numbers, Frank Gore calling the white man Roger Goodell the devil, etc etc. I think you can make a case for the other side, and in real time, that's a tough call. People need to put the pitchforks away.

Anyways, good talking to you. Sports is boring if everyone has the same viewpoint.

• Owner

Not defending it, because it was absolutely an egregious penalty.. and should have been called as such. But I don't think I've ever seen one of those called on a hail mary play, and it happens on almost every one. Doesn't make sense for them to let it go, but they do.

Of course they don't, but it's also usually not that obvious, especially when the intended receiver (I guess I should say the guy who ends up catching the ball) is the one pushing the opponent in the back and to the ground right before the catch, and out of the pile a bit (which is what made it obvious).

It didn't help that the referees had two other horrible games on Sunday (at least), and that they have been calling PI very questionably to begin with.

I definitely don't agree with all of these players tweeting these things (maybe being pissed off, but not tweeting how the NFL is shit), and Clay posting Goodell's number, but taking everything into consideration, I can see why they'd be mad.

I think my biggest problem was the fact that they went to replay, and still didn't get it right. That's huge.

• Like 1

They shouldve changed the call and gave the Packers the win. Wouldve made this situation a little better IMO.

The funny thing is I think that they should overturn the call too and reward the Packers the win. However if I was Goddell and felt this way I still wouldn't even consider doing this. Doesn't really fix anything because then Seattle is going to be [expletive]ed over. Just gotta move foward and try and make sure it don't happen again.

The funny thing is I think that they should overturn the call too and reward the Packers the win. However if I was Goddell and felt this way I still wouldn't even consider doing this. Doesn't really fix anything because then Seattle is going to be [expletive]ed over. Just gotta move foward and try and make sure it don't happen again.

Yeah but it's better to get the right call no matter when. Seattle might get screwed over but A LOT of NFL fans would be happy with it and that's all that really matters right now. I think overturning this call would decrease the bs substantially.

Funny how iMan fails to point out how in that gif Tate's right hand comes OFF THE BALL while Jennings clearly establishes possession. At no point did Tate establish anything. Even when you posted the pic of him "bringing it into his chest, Jennings' shoulder pad is what is in Tate's chest.

Its clear as day that it was an INT but its useless arguing with this guy.

Funny how iMan fails to point out how in that gif Tate's right hand comes OFF THE BALL while Jennings clearly establishes possession.

Did his left hand come off the ball? Was his right hand back on the ball before Jennings touched the ground?

At no point did Tate establish anything. Even when you posted the pic of him "bringing it into his chest, Jennings' shoulder pad is what is in Tate's chest.

Tate had two hands on the ball and was pulling it towards his chest. Jennings was on top of him, so yes.. Jennings' shoulder pad is going to be in his chest.

Its clear as day that it was an INT

That is your (and the popular) opinion. I disagree. The refs disagreed. The replay booth disagreed. The NFL disagreed. The rest of the world agrees with you. You might think it's clear as day; I do not.

but its useless arguing with this guy.

I guess, sorry for having an opinion and attempting to competently backing it up.

crazy that a vast majority of nfl people disagree with you

If a player has a chance to intercept the ball then he should go for it it's as simple as that. It's not worth gambling and swatting the ball in traffic. It just makes no sense to do that when you can just lock the game up with a interception. It really should just be discretionary and the player should make the judgement depending on the situation.

If a player has a chance to intercept the ball then he should go for it it's as simple as that. It's not worth gambling and swatting the ball in traffic. It just makes no sense to do that when you can just lock the game up with a interception.

You never played organized football growing up, I take it?

You never try to intercept the ball on that play. Ever. Never. Not once, not never. Trying to intercept the ball is the far bigger gamble. You are taught to swat at every single level of football. It's not much of a debate, really. Every player on every team is taught to swat.