Lupe Fiasco- Food and Liquor II

Nitro

Only listened to a few songs so far. Came into it with very low expectations after Lasers and the fact that this got so little promotion...

But damn, he really came hard as [expletive] on this album. Definitely along the lines of F&L and The Cool, and definitely not Lasers. Production seems on point, and lyrically he's a monster. So much god damn talent, it was easy to forget that after his last effort, but he really came with tight verses.

Around My Way, with the Pete Rock sample...[expletive].

Only listened to a few songs so far. Came into it with very low expectations after Lasers and the fact that this got so little promotion...

But damn, he really came hard as [expletive] on this album. Definitely along the lines of F&L and The Cool, and definitely not Lasers. Production seems on point, and lyrically he's a monster. So much god damn talent, it was easy to forget that after his last effort, but he really came with tight verses.

Around My Way, with the Pete Rock sample...[expletive].

Word! glad to hear that....the cool was a classic fam. really f&l was too but the cool was my shit

pm me a link to while ya'll at it boiiii. still listening to this GOOD music album tho cuz its pretty nice

What do ya'll think?

I say....Lupe is baaaaaaackkkkk!

Agreed. Lyrically, he's on complete fire this album. Great flow, amazing wordplay, and the stories and pictures he paints are incredibly vived and detailed.

I just wish for the 2nd part he picks some darker, non-techno sounding beats. But that's not a big deal considering how focused he is lyrically, and the fact that the production is well-done even if it isn't always my cup of tea.

Agreed. Lyrically, he's on complete fire this album. Great flow, amazing wordplay, and the stories and pictures he paints are incredibly vived and detailed.

I just wish for the 2nd part he picks some darker, non-techno sounding beats. But that's not a big deal considering how focused he is lyrically, and the fact that the production is well-done even if it isn't always my cup of tea.

Totally agree, some of the beats are ehh, but lyrically it's on point, which I never felt was the case with LASERS.

This is just Lupe's style, and he needs to stick with it. He's just really not a great mainstream, catchy rapper.

This is definitely good

I agree with both of you. Lyrically? This shit is fire. Production? Could have been better. I didn't like the execution of the production on the song with the Pete Rock sample tbh. I love albums where the lyrics and wordplay are so awesome that you catch something new every time you listen to them... this is one of those. Hood now, Cold war, and Audubon ballroom are probably my favs.

I agree with both of you. Lyrically? This shit is fire. Production? Could have been better. I didn't like the execution of the production on the song with the Pete Rock sample tbh. I love albums where the lyrics and wordplay are so awesome that you catch something new every time you listen to them... this is one of those. Hood now, Cold war, and Audubon ballroom are probably my favs.

Those are all good, but this one is easily my favorite. Definitely one of Lupe's top songs because it's summarizes his music to a tee IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4vjDj5YOC4

Edited by JYD