Knicks work out Sheed(Update: Sheed signs)

The Regime

Lol Sheed, Camby and Kurt Thomas...would have been an elite frontcourt about 12 years ago.

Sheed could still potentially have some decent value, though, so it can't hurt. If nothing else he'd still be able to knock down 3's and play solid defense.

I forgot that Knicks fan's are just fine with being mediocre.

He's 38 and wasn't in shape two years ago, what makes you think that he'll be productive as a backup?

He's a [expletive]ing deep rotation guy, in what universe is this a bad move? Who else should we grab, Amundsen? Birdman?

I think he'd potentially be productive as a backup, if we sign him, because he plays defense and can stretch the opposing d. As a guy getting 12 minutes off the bench to give Amar'e a blow, how in shape does he need to be? He's talented, I'll take it.

He's a [expletive]ing deep rotation guy, in what universe is this a bad move? Who else should we grab, Amundsen? Birdman?

I think he'd potentially be productive as a backup, if we sign him, because he plays defense and can stretch the opposing d. As a guy getting 12 minutes off the bench to give Amar'e a blow, how in shape does he need to be? He's talented, I'll take it.

To your point I would take Amundsen over Sheed. Birdman is washed up. Have fun with him though, don't complain next season though when you realize his conditioning and "talent" is no where close to what you thought it would be.

To your point I would take Amundsen over Sheed. Birdman is washed up. Have fun with him though, don't complain next season though when you realize his conditioning and "talent" is no where close to what you thought it would be.

You will rarely find me complaining about a 10th man. I was a huge fan of Jared Jeffries and Josh Harrellson.

Lol. Your analysis is somewhat clueless.

For instance, the Knicks are working him out for a reason: to see if he has anything left. They also want to see the shape he's in.

Also, like iMan said, as a 10th man, how much worse can he be than the other BPA? If he's in any decent shape, he can't be any worse considering he's a former all-star level player. It doesn't take great shape to play 10 MPG, if that. Knicks need depth over an 82 game season, and he'd definitely help provide that.

I don't see it as a bad move if the guy plays 10-15 MPG. I just don't. If they were bringing him in to play 20-30 MPG, it'd be a crazy move. But as a minor acquisition (which you don't seem to understand), I don't see the problem.

Edited by JYD

:huh? Is this real life? Never underestimate Sheed. Even at 38.

Edited by Sħãlïq̵'

Source close to #Knicks: All the players expect a Rasheed Wallace signing to become official. He took his physical w/ the team yesterday.

#NeverForget RT @chrishooker9 If the Knicks sign 38-year-old Rasheed Wallace he will be their fourth oldest player. Fourth.

Source close to #Knicks: All the players expect a Rasheed Wallace signing to become official. He took his physical w/ the team yesterday.

#NeverForget RT @chrishooker9 If the Knicks sign 38-year-old Rasheed Wallace he will be their fourth oldest player. Fourth.

Yupp:

http://i.imgur.com/AciMN.png

^ Current avrg. age - 33 (w/out 'Sheed, and Pablo Prigioni).

Edited by Sħãlïq̵'

I dunno. Not sure I agree with Isola.

They kind of fill similar minutes/void. Although, I think Rasheed will play more if he is officially signed. Don't see him coming back to play pure mop-up minutes, if he's coming back, I think he's expecting to contribute a real 10-15 MPG.

Edited by JYD

They kind of fill similar minutes/void. Although, I think Rasheed will play more if he is officially signed. Don't see him coming back to play pure mop-up minutes, if he's coming back, I think he's expecting to contribute a real 10-15 MPG.

But do you think another guy we have is worth keeping around over Crazy Eyes? Or that we'll chase another FA if he's cut? That's really what it boils down to. He's a tough defender, rebounds, and is a great locker room presence.

Kidd/Felton/Prigioni

Smith/Brewer/Shump

Melo/Novak

Amare/Sheed

Chandler/Camby

That's 12, keep KT as 3rd PF/C and Copeland as 3rd SF and you still have a spot to add James White while Shump is out. You'd essentially be cutting him to keep one of the training camp scrubs, which I'd be against, or you cut him for more scoring depth like Josh Howard, which I wouldn't.

I hear you on the KT situation iMan. But, honestly, adding a little youth upfront as a 3rd PF/C wouldn't be a bad idea. Not sure how much Thomas has left in the tank. I haven't seen him play in a few years actually lol.

It's official -- KNICKS SIGN RASHEED WALLACE

October 03, 01:54 PM EDT

NEW YORK, October 3, 2012 – New York Knickerbockers Executive Vice President, Basketball Operations and General Manager Glen Grunwald announced today that the team has signed free agent forward/center Rasheed Wallace to a contract. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Wallace, 6-11, 230-pounds, holds career averages of 14.6 points, 6.7 rebounds, 1.8 assists and 1.33 blocks over 33.0 minutes in 1,088 games (956 starts) over 15 seasons with Washington, Portland, Atlanta, Detroit and Boston. He is a four-time NBA All Star (2000, 2001, 2006, 2008), who won an NBA Championship with Detroit in 2004, alongside then-assistant coach Mike Woodson.

He last played for Boston in 2009-10, averaging 9.0 points, 4.1 rebounds and 1.0 assists over 22.5 minutes in 79 regular season games (13 starts) and 6.1 points and 3.0 rebounds over 17.1 minutes in 24 postseason games (one start). He was originally selected by Washington in the first round (fourth overall) of 1995 NBA Draft, following his sophomore season at the University of North Carolina.

Source

Edited by Sħãlïq̵'

The New York Knicks' search for a backup power forward is officially over, as Rasheed Wallace will join the team for the 2012-13 season.

NBA.com blog Knicks Now announced the signing, noting that general manager Glen Grunwald did not release the terms of the contract.

Wallace hasn't taken the court in two years after what was a disappointing tenure with the Boston Celtics during the 2009-10 season. The 38-year-old will back up the Knicks' current starting power forward, Amar'e Stoudemire.

Full Story -- Read Here

Edited by deestillballin