ALDS: Athletics vs. Detroit

Cobb

http://mlb.mlb.com/images/logos/80x80/oak.png vs. http://mlb.mlb.com/images/logos/80x80/det.png

Probable Pitching Matchups:

Game 1 (Saturday 10/6, 6:00 PM ET at Comerica Park): Jarrod Parker (0.0, -.--) vs. Justin Verlander (0-0, -.--)

Game 2 (Sunday 10/7, 12:00 PM ET at Comerica Park): Tommy Milone (0-0, -.--) vs. Doug Fister (0-0, -.--)

Game 3 (Tuesday 10/9, 9:00 PM ET at Oakland Coliseum): Anibal Sanchez (0-0, -.--) vs. TBA

Game 4* (Wednesday 10/10, TBD AM ET at Oakland Coliseum) TBA vs. TBA

Game 5* (Thursday 10/11, TBD AM ET at Oakland Coliseum) TBA vs. TBA

*= If Necessary

Times subject to change

All games on TBS or MLB Network unless stated otherwise.

• Owner

Not a big baseball fan, but that game was sick. I'm under the assumption that the A's are supposed to be out of it already, since a lot of people on my Facebook and Twitter thought the Orioles could win it all.

Not a big baseball fan, but that game was sick. I'm under the assumption that the A's are supposed to be out of it already, since a lot of people on my Facebook and Twitter thought the Orioles could win it all.

The A's won their division and had a better record than the Tigers, but because of our wonderful commissioner (seriously, be thankful for Stern), the higher seeded teams got to start this round of the playoffs on the road (5 game series, lower seed hosted games 1 and 2, higher seed gets games 3-5). So Oakland had to play games 1 and 2 in Detroit despite having the better regular season record (and in one of those games they had to face Justin Verlander, arguably the best pitcher in the game), and they lost both. So they got royally screwed. If they can come back from down 0-2 to win the series, it would be awesome.