New York at Miami

Real Deal

I didn't pick Miami. I knew the Knicks were going to go crazy from three. They did it to us earlier this year, I remember last year I was at my friends house watching another game where they didn't miss from three, and they didn't have Melo (we still won). I just expected us to keep it closer. Doesn't help when Bosh and Wade can't make a shot to save their lives. We just need to try something new on defense. It should be pretty eye opening by now that teams are shitting on us from three and in the post....which is pretty much any spot on the floor.

It seems like Lebron is the only one capable of playing defense.

Edited by SRV

Yea, they were open. I don't blame them for taking them....we are just stupid defensively as of late. Quite a few were just not fair though. When you whole team makes like 6 threes in a row, even with a dude in your face, there is not much you can do to stop it. If its really that easy to make so many threes on us, then we are screwed.

Doesn't hurt that Felton, Smith and Kidd were shooting threes like they were layups. I saw them go on 3-1 fast breaks, stop the fast break, step back to the three point line and launch a three to make a statement....and when you are feeling it, its game over...and Novak just shoots threes.

Edited by SRV

Miami big three didnt show up to the game, substantial sanctions will be enforced.

Well Lebron pretty much had a triple double....Wade and Bosh on the other hand, just never got it going. Shit happens. Just as long as we make the playoffs, I will be happy and pray we turn on that switch.

when i said 25 pt blowout i clearly meant in the knicks favor. :D

that game was amazing man. the knicks really, really surprised me tonight with Melo. Never thought they'd be able to orchestrate that kind offense.

But, was it me or did Miami's arena and vibe feel dead? I just didn't feel the same passion Miami usually comes out with when the face the Knicks. Must've been lack of Melo/STAT

when i said 25 pt blowout i clearly meant in the knicks favor. :D

that game was amazing man. the knicks really, really surprised me tonight with Melo. Never thought they'd be able to orchestrate that kind offense.

But, was it me or did Miami's arena and vibe feel dead? I just didn't feel the same passion Miami usually comes out with when the face the Knicks. Must've been lack of Melo/STAT

Well we were getting absolutely shit on. Every time we made a run, they hit a three. We never had any sort of momentum, aside from one alley oop. Add in the fact that the crowd is never out of control excited unless its a close game or we do something amazing. We just didn't do anything exciting at all.

Well we were getting absolutely shit on. Every time we made a run, they hit a three. We never had any sort of momentum, aside from one alley oop. Add in the fact that the crowd is never out of control excited unless its a close game or we do something amazing. We just didn't do anything exciting at all.

True, but even from the start it didn't seem like a usual pumped up Miami crowd for a game versus the Knicks. Atmosphere really seemed dead tonight.

And Wade and Bosh were probably the worst I've ever seen them. At least against the Knicks.

I get you...I have no idea. Its finals week I guess lol

If most of the fans are like me, they are just expecting the worse and waiting to be impressed. Aside for the second half of the Brooklyn game, we have played like pure shit against all sorts of opponents. Patience is thin when you are expected to have a dominant team coming off a championship. You would think they would learn their lesson after almost losing to the Spurs bench, losing to a shitty Wizards team, and so on...but we have not.

Yeah...Miami really needs to get their shit together. Giving Joel Anthony more minutes is a good start as the defense has just been hideous this season. They should really sign Kenyon Martin while he's still available, he'd probably go for the minimum at this point, and he should replace Haslem. Delonte West is also available, and he'd be a big defensive (and offensive) upgrade over Cole off the bench.

Joel Anthony definitely needs to play more. Also, that 2nd quarter line up is horrific. We give up at least 5-10 points in that stretch all the time because Bosh is our best option and he mainly scored of off open jumpers set up by Lebron and Wade. Another thing we are terrible at is turnovers. Too many lazy passes that get picked off by the other team. Over the last 3 games, Haslem alone has thrown like four lazy passes while we are taking the ball up court or after a defensive rebound.

I have faith that we will turn it around, but I don't understand how we can go from such a dominant defensive team to pure shit just because we play Ray Allen more.

I get you...I have no idea. Its finals week I guess lol

If most of the fans are like me, they are just expecting the worse and waiting to be impressed. Aside for the second half of the Brooklyn game, we have played like pure shit against all sorts of opponents. Patience is thin when you are expected to have a dominant team coming off a championship. You would think they would learn their lesson after almost losing to the Spurs bench, losing to a shitty Wizards team, and so on...but we have not.

Patience is thin? It's more like no one in Miami gives a flying [expletive] about the season until the playoffs because that's all that matters. 70 wins in a reg season, for example, would mean virtually nothing if they lost in the ECF.

I care about the regular season because all their losses are overblown. There was at least a 10 minute segment on ESPN last night and this morning about the Knicks game.....and when ESPN is pretty much all you watch, you don't want to here about it. I am sure we can't keep that dominant defense around for an entire regular season, but it would be nice to see the defense show some signs of life leading up to the playoffs. While I agree the regular season means absolutely nothing to us, its something we have to deal with until the playoffs come around. Its still way too early to even worry about playoff match ups, but if the Knicks continue to blow us out by 20 points in every game, then I sure as hell don't like that match up heading into the playoffs. The year the Bulls raped us in the regular season, I had no worries about them in the playoffs, but this Knicks team is just making us look terrible.