LA Lakers at New York

Real Deal

Moral victories are starting to pile up.

Lol.

Knicks would've won this game by 20+ if Melo didn't get hurt. He was opening up the court and the Lakers had a really difficult time stopping him even when he went cold in to start the 2nd half.

Overall, great to watch. Was definitely expecting a let down game from the Knicks after the emotional win over Brooklyn, but they came out firing on all cylinders. JR Smith really stepped up after Melo got hurt and hit some big shots to seal the win. Felton, too.

I really hope Carmelo isn't out for more than a few games. I know he definitely will be out at least a few ... that injury looked really bad.

Edited by JYD

So now the Lakers need to slow their offense down? Maybe Dwight can send off another coach.

Well, without Nash, they have no choice. They have no talent at the PG position. Duhon is slow as [expletive], and is an absolute joke.

I don't think D'Antoni has gotten a fair shake in LA just yet. I know he's aging and he's not the MVP years Steve Nash, but I just have to see the offense with Nash involved.

Well, without Nash, they have no choice. They have no talent at the PG position. Duhon is slow as [expletive], and is an absolute joke.

I don't think D'Antoni has gotten a fair shake in LA just yet. I know he's aging and he's not the MVP years Steve Nash, but I just have to see the offense with Nash involved.

But now the question is, will we even get that chance to see Nash play with them?

If Nash doesn't play for the remainder of the month, when is it to the point where LA has to make a move (probably trading Pau) just to stay in playoff contention?

Edited by Cleveland's Finest

• Owner

So now the Lakers need to slow their offense down? Maybe Dwight can send off another coach.

Both Kobe and Dwight (our two superstars) have never played in an uptempo offense...one getting to the NBA Finals in a "four out, one in" offense completely built around him being in the post, the other winning five championships in the triangle offense, four of those rings shooting the most FGA/G on the team and leading every championship team he was on in assists.

I believe Howard was the reason SVG was fired, but he had nothing to do with Mike Brown being tossed, and it's D'Antoni's fault for trying to play one of the oldest teams in the NBA as if they were young and athletic, in an uptempo offense, that is built for a player that has only played one game with us so far this season.