Brooklyn at New York

Real Deal

• 2 months later...

Lol Melo was fine. Only time BK even 'contained' him was when the started doubling him in the 3rd qtr...but finally they moved the ball and others started to hit some shots. feel like i say this every game but damn JR Smith was [expletive]ing great tonight

devin kharpertian ‏@uuords

Joe Johnson: Iso-#Nets “Not Going To Work”

This coming from the only man who has actually succeeded in isos. I'm glad D-Will's quote about the Sloan offense has gotten blown up by the New York media. It might just be what the Nets' FO needs to open its eyes.

Chad Ford (take it for what it's worth... Chad Ford isn't always exactly reliable) said Avery's job may not be as secure as it seemed to be a few weeks ago.

Edited by octoberGR8NESS

• Owner

It's tough to really call out just Avery Johnson, though. The Nets are a jumpshooting team that doesn't attack the rim as much as they should be able to (given who they have), and they can't defend anyone up front.

Really, Deron is disappointing me a bit. He's too inconsistent, and you just don't know what you're going to get out of him.

It doesn't help that Brook Lopez was out for quite a few of these recent losses, though, and they were starting Blatche.

Avery isn't going anywhere for a while. Now, if they lose another 8 out of 10 or something there will certainly be rumblings. But I don't even see that happening anyway. Nets are too good of a team to lose 16 out of 20 games.

I'm not sure exactly what's wrong with them right now. Johnson seems to be playing a bit better. I guess they really need Williams to pick up his scoring load. They really need him to get 20 ppg night in and night out and bring that FG% up.

Oh don't get me wrong, B, this is not only Avery's fault. It hurts us that there is limited athleticism on the roster and a lot of slow guys on the team. Also hurts that Deron is stinking it up with tasks that are independent of AJ's coaching. But before even analyzing skillsets, it's been hard to find anyone who consistently plays like they care other than Crash. And I feel like that traces back to the coach.

The fact that the Nets have blown seven 13-point leads this season says a lot about Avery's ineptitude when it comes to making adjustments as the game progresses. Third quarters have been absolutely pitiful for the majority of the season. I can't tell you how many games the Nets have scored about as many points the entire second half as in either of the first two quarters. The offense goes stagnant way too easily, and that's extremely frustrating. It means that whenever we begin to tire out during the second game of a back-to-back, we're screwed.

And our defense, which has stabilized itself over recent weeks (with Lopez playing) has been unacceptably bad in the last two games against the Knicks.

Edited by octoberGR8NESS