Atlanta at New York

Real Deal

• 3 months later...

Amar'e was OK. At least he contributed offensively. But far from 'great' IMO. His defense was awful, to say the least. Particularly on the pick and roll.

Now Melo...was great. I still think he deserves SERIOUS consideration for MVP. You talk about how awful a team would be without a particular player? Jeez, what would the Knicks be without Carmelo? We'd be looking forward to this year's draft.

Knicks really should've won this game easily with all the Hawks T.O.'s, but their interior D was so awful they allowed Atlanta to shoot like 60%.

BTW...Very fortunate that they had those two very questionable calls on Josh Smith at the end of the game.

But, a win is a win, so we'll take it. Moving on to a very soft part of the schedule, all games at home, too.

Edited by JYD

http://i.imgur.com/Xc67iW0.png

LOL...His offense was fine. I knew that would round into form, especially with more minutes/Felton's return. But His defense was horrific on the pNr. At times I was like "You gotta be kidding me"

His D is always bad but he had some realll bad moments tonight. Wish I had some tape I could post lolol

LOL...His offense was fine. I knew that would round into form, especially with more minutes/Felton's return. But His defense was horrific on the pNr. At times I was like "You gotta be kidding me"

His D is always bad but he had some realll bad moments tonight. Wish I had some tape I could post lolol

But would you post Chandler's missed PnR assignments/letting Teague blow by/not helping in the paint, Melo's and-1 fouls and leaving Stevenson wide open 90% of the time, etc etc etc? Stop.

But would you post Chandler's missed PnR assignments/letting Teague blow by/not helping in the paint, Melo's and-1 fouls and leaving Stevenson wide open 90% of the time, etc etc etc? Stop.

Chandler was hurt... he has some type of neck injury. nothing makes it more obvious than 3 rebs in 36 min

and Melo had some terrible defensive efforts tonight ... then again he does have to work extremely hard for pretty much every shot down the other end of the court.

Oh ok lol

lol what are we even debating no one on this earth could be debating the defense of stoudemire at this point

if your point was he played well offensively he did not taking that away from him. like ive always said, amar'e's always been one of my favorite players. have had his suns jersey since his rookie year lol.

Lol I don't get why Knicks fans are so quick to look a gift horse in the mouth with Amar'e we have absolutely no scoring inside and our bench bigs are injured and [expletive]in kurt thomas actually gets minutes on our team, yet this guy is ballin offensively and making big plays, being one of the only players on the team to actually get buckets down low while everyone else chucks, you're going to complain about his defense though lmao. Not that everyone else on the team be [expletive]ing up but for all he's done well we are going to complain about his defense, mind you he has actually been decent as of late, dare I say he was good in the Boston game. Obviously Amar'e isn't going to play D as well as Tyson, Tyson isn't going to score like Amar'e. If Amar'e can give us 18 and 8 off the bench every night and play terrible defense, i'll take that 10 times out of 10 vs whatever the [expletive] kurt "I shouldn't be in the NBA" thomas will give us. JYD your bias towards certain players on this team is hilaious.

Lol I don't get why Knicks fans are so quick to look a gift horse in the mouth with Amar'e we have absolutely no scoring inside and our bench bigs are injured and [expletive]in kurt thomas actually gets minutes on our team, yet this guy is ballin offensively and making big plays, being one of the only players on the team to actually get buckets down low while everyone else chucks, you're going to complain about his defense though lmao. Not that everyone else on the team be [expletive]ing up but for all he's done well we are going to complain about his defense, mind you he has actually been decent as of late, dare I say he was good in the Boston game. Obviously Amar'e isn't going to play D as well as Tyson, Tyson isn't going to score like Amar'e. If Amar'e can give us 18 and 8 off the bench every night and play terrible defense, i'll take that 10 times out of 10 vs whatever the [expletive] kurt "I shouldn't be in the NBA" thomas will give us. JYD your bias towards certain players on this team is hilaious.

Haha yeahhhhhhhhhh JYD

http://i.imgur.com/kGV73QL.gif

how do i have bias towards certain players? some guys deserve more credit than others for what they've done this year. i already said amar'e is one of my favorite players and I've defended his numerous times over the years, but I refuse to be one of those homer fans who doesn't look at things objectively. The facts are no one here is debating his offensive production, so I don't know why you're blasting me for that. I already said he played well offensively, and has for the past few games. Each game he has certainly looked better offensively. But for a $100 million dollar man I expect slightly better defense when I watch these games. And the thing is...he's giving effort defensively! It's not like he's not trying. He's just a terrible defender. When he comes into the games there is absolutely no one protecting the rim. With how big and strong Amar'e is, and even at this point in his career (he's has more agility than Kurt Thomas lol), he could protect the rim a little bit for us. I would just like to see him knock some people down defensively, that's all. I know he's not Tyson defensively, I don't expect that. But if we are serious about coming out of the East, he's going to have to be serviceable defensively while Tyson is on the bench.

Man,ya'll are crazy. You act like I said he was the worst player in the league or something man chill. All I said was I wouldn't say he's been 'great' for us. When I think of the word 'great,' I think of how he was playing in 2010-2011 right before we got Melo and he was running that PnR to perfection with Felton and people in NY were actually comparing him to Patrick Ewing.

Each game he's looked better defensively, as well. If you're ever expecting Amar'e Stoudemire to 'protect the rim', well, there is the problem. Knocking people down defensively isn't necessarily playing good defense.

If we're going to come out of the east, we'll need a healthy Sheed or Camby anchoring the paint with Tyson on the bench, not Amar'e.

Amar'e has been great for us. '10-'11 Amar'e was ridiculous, and Melo's performance last night was incredible. Not all adjectives were created equally. To say Amar'e performance off the bench for us thus far has been anything less than 'great' is selling the man short. He's been better than expected.

Each game he's looked better defensively, as well. If you're ever expecting Amar'e Stoudemire to 'protect the rim', well, there is the problem. Knocking people down defensively isn't necessarily playing good defense.

If we're going to come out of the east, we'll need a healthy Sheed or Camby anchoring the paint with Tyson on the bench, not Amar'e.

Amar'e has been great for us. '10-'11 Amar'e was ridiculous, and Melo's performance last night was incredible. Not all adjectives were created equally. To say Amar'e performance off the bench for us thus far has been anything less than 'great' is selling the man short. He's been better than expected.

Fair enough. I don't even think we are that far off from agreement. I guess we just have different views on the word great. Loll.

But, you really think he's been better than expected? I expected about this level of play...I mean, he is a perrinel all-star and one of the best offensive big's I can ever remember when he was in his prime. not like he forgot how to play, you know...

But I must say....he's definitely gotten a lottttt better in the past week and a half IMO. Hopefully he continues to get even better with each game, and I think he will.

Edited by JYD

Fair enough. I don't even think we are that far off from agreement. I guess we just have different views on the word great. Loll.

But, you really think he's been better than expected? I expected about this level of play...I mean, he is a perrinel all-star and one of the best offensive big's I can ever remember when he was in his prime. not like he forgot how to play, you know...

But I must say....he's definitely gotten a lottttt better in the past week and a half IMO. Hopefully he continues to get even better with each game, and I think he will.

I definitely think he's been better than expected, especially after the lack of chemistry he's had since Melo got here, his awful struggles last year, and that he missed some camp and the start of the season.. and he's been able to jump right in, gain some chemistry, embrace a bench role, and provide the team with the offense it needs alongside Melo.

He's shooting 53%, his jumper has been wet, he's shown some explosiveness, and all he talks about and works on is defense. He's shown a definite improvement on the defensive end. Better than expected for me, definitely.