LA Clippers at New York

Real Deal

• 3 months later...
This  game might be postponed. I heard the league is concerned that the Clippers (and maybe the Knicks too) may not be abe to make it into the city becasue of the weather.  Many flights are being cancelled. The league is thinking about postponing the game.  I don't mind as long as we don't get hit with a back-2-back, otherwise - get a goddamn sleigh and play the game!!

I didn't watch the game but was there a particular reason why Melo only took 2 shots in the 4th?

Something Clippers defense did?

Poor offensive execution from the Knicks?

Melo being passive?

Combination of the 3?

It seems strange how he was 13-24 in the first 3 quarters and only took 2 shots in the 4th, especially given the makeup of the Knicks.

Did you link the wrong tweet? That doesn't say JR should be an all-star.

That was in response to "40% doesn't warrant selection." Sure sounded like you were making a case for his being selected.

Also

IDK WALI. Not many good 2s

Not sure what you were arguing here if it wasn't about being an All-Star.

Edited by octoberGR8NESS
  • Like 1

That was in response to "40% doesn't warrant selection." Sure sounded like you were making a case for his being selected.

The conversation was about why people felt he was a snub. I never once said he should have gone to the game, but was giving numbers to help you understand why others saw him as deserving.. Since all you were able to come up with was 'because Knicks'.

Again, I never once said he should be in the all-star game. But I can start chirping after all JJ's bad games if you want to play that game :)

The conversation was about why people felt he was a snub. I never once said he should have gone to the game, but was giving numbers to help you understand why others saw him as deserving.. Since all you were able to come up with was 'because Knicks'.

Again, I never once said he should be in the all-star game. But I can start chirping after all JJ's bad games if you want to play that game :)

Nope, didn't think JJ was an All-Star either.

https://twitter.com/octoberGR8NESS/status/294679697063804929

But I do find it preposterous that anyone shooting 40% should be considered a snub, and no, his name probably would not have even come up amidst the outrage if he didn't play in NY or LA.

• Like 1

Nope, didn't think JJ was an All-Star either.

https://twitter.com/octoberGR8NESS/status/294679697063804929

But I do find it preposterous that anyone shooting 40% should be considered a snub, and no, his name probably would not have even come up amidst the outrage if he didn't play in NY or LA.

I didn't think JR was an all-star, so I'd be doing the same to you as you're doing to me. Fair, no?

JR was balling at that point and you are just a jelly Brooklyn fan. You said because Knicks, I said because 17 5 and 3, agree to disagree. But until you can link to me saying he should be in the all-star game, knock it off WALL-E  :verymad:

http://i.imgur.com/ToazRW8.png

I didn't watch the game but was there a particular reason why Melo only took 2 shots in the 4th?

Combo of 2 that you listed. Started sagging off Felton and helping on Melo, we turned the ball over 8 times in the 4Q, open players (due to Melo coverage) missed some bunnies. 3 turnovers and a few missed shots and the deficit went from 3 to 9 and guys gave in.

Bench was outscored 48-15, that was the game right there. Would be nice to see this team turn in a strong 1Q sometime soon.

• Like 1

So i DVR this game because I had to work. it was a decent game I guess, but the Knicks defense was pretty poor at times but the Clips made everything, especially CP3. Melo was great (although he sux according to Cowherd since he's not Lebron...see twitter) but he just kind of lost his rhythm in the 4th and didn't really get any good looks.

oh well, not really a big deal in general. just win on wednesday and we're headed to the ASB with an awesome first half.

Woodson benching Melo after he was going off to start the the 4th killed us, they went on a little run there. Shoulda just keep riding Melo.

yeah, i was thinking the same thing. i was like ughhh he took out Melo.

but I think he always has the same substitution patterns to start quarters? Seems like no matter what Melo plalys entire 1st, sits first 4 minutes or so of 2nd qtr. Melo plays entire 3rd, sits first few mins of 4th qtr.

He does typically, he's switched it up in certain games like against Brooklyn and Boston, I understand Woody likes to have his rotations set and not altered, but I hope he realizes come playoff time yeah it's nice to play every game the same, but not every game is the same and we need Melo out there at certain points...