Affiliations

Real Deal

• Owner

I'm going to start affiliating with other message boards and websites again, so if you know of anyone that would be interested, let them know. Just make sure that they are a credible site, and any message boards we affiliate need to have 500+ members, have been up for 9+ months, and have 50,000+ posts.

Those number requirements aren't set in stone, and I may tag a couple of boards that are younger (and may decline others that meet the requirements), but it's just a general idea of what I'm looking for.

As of right now, we're just in it to swap links. I'm not going to spend money to place an ad on their site, and I don't expect them to do the same thing.

Relating to what sites we would be interested in, mainly your typical four sports (basketball, football, baseball and hockey). Video game sites would work, I suppose. We will also consider one-team sites (such as LakerNation) as long as they are basketball.

• Like 1

I'm going to start affiliating with other message boards and websites again, so if you know of anyone that would be interested, let them know. Just make sure that they are a credible site, and any message boards we affiliate need to have 500+ members, have been up for 9+ months, and have 50,000+ posts.

Those number requirements aren't set in stone, and I may tag a couple of boards that are younger (and may decline others that meet the requirements), but it's just a general idea of what I'm looking for.

As of right now, we're just in it to swap links. I'm not going to spend money to place an ad on their site, and I don't expect them to do the same thing.

Relating to what sites we would be interested in, mainly your typical four sports (basketball, football, baseball and hockey). Video game sites would work, I suppose. We will also consider one-team sites (such as LakerNation) as long as they are basketball.

Hey man, I actually made a post about this a couple weeks ago. I'd love to become affiliates again - NFLSpot.com

Don't meet the requirements, but hopefully you remember what we were back in the day. Just re-opened 2 months ago, on our way back to the top. Let me know if that's something you're interested in.

• Owner

Hey man, I actually made a post about this a couple weeks ago. I'd love to become affiliates again - NFLSpot.com

Don't meet the requirements, but hopefully you remember what we were back in the day. Just re-opened 2 months ago, on our way back to the top. Let me know if that's something you're interested in.

Sounds good. What happened to the site, anyway?

• Owner

Hey Guise! This forums is great: *link removed*

check it out, I can post like 100 times a day here and there if you need me to prove

and also the ppl there are nice guys and they have admin hes nice and the fuorum looks nice too. look at it ok?

thanks, BiS (srsbusiness)

It's not exactly what we're looking for. During the NBA season (starting November), we take discussion seriously. We aren't looking to merge with any other site, or relocate. We've been around since 2005, nearly one million posts (which over half have been deleted due to a hack), and easily reaching 1,000+ posts per day in our prime. Of course, our worst months occur in the NBA offseason and heading into the preseason.

Our direction seems different (regarding the two websites and how discussion is generated), and we have never merged with another site to begin with, so as far as that goes, it's out of the question for, honestly, any site.

• Like 2

Ha I was going to mention this.

Sounds good. What happened to the site, anyway?

I had just started college and just didn't have the time I needed to make it grow. Then we started running into some problems (similar to what you guys are running into I believe). I just decided that instead of sitting back and watching it die, it would be wiser to shut it down now, then open it back up later when I had the time to do it right.

So, I'm graduating in December and decided now would be the time to bring it back. We've been back for 2 months and have hit higher marks than we did in the last year NFLSpot was around - so I'm pretty glad I made the decision.

Working hard now to get us back on top. I'd love to do a simple link trade for now, but if you are interested, I've got some big plans that I'd love for you guys to be a part of. I've watched this site from a distance since 2006 and have always been impressed with the way you go about things, and are always on the edge with features and what not. That's why I believe in this site. There's too much potential for it to go to waste.

I'd love to come alongside and help out in whatever way that I can. I think that we could do some big things together if you had any interest in going down that route.

• Owner

Do you have a particular image you want to use for the affiliation? It can be a decent size, as long as it fits into a single post.

I think I'm going to add affiliations as topics, into an individual forum. In the past, I've used coded pages and redirect links directly on the board, so this is something different.

Also, maybe you can put together a few lines about the site, a descriptive paragraph that would encourage others to join.

http://www.nflspot.com/public/style_images/5_nflspotbanner.png

NFLSpot.com :: Formally home to over 3.5 million hits a month, 3,000 members, and over 300,000 posts before I shut it down a few years ago. We re-opened almost two months ago, taking a different missional route, but still focusing on intelligent football conversation. As of now, we have nearly 6,000 posts and over 90 members.

We've got a full-fledged business plan that's been put in place to get us back on top in no time - hoping to give jobs to several football fans in many different areas.

We are in phase 1 of our business plan, and have made significant strides already.

We'd love for you to be a part of our NEW growing football community! Get on the train early.

Edited by jhutch

• Owner

How about keeping the Affiliation topics open so members here can talk about the site and let other know if they are a part of it or not?

That might be the bad thing about leaving it open. Usually, with affiliations, we get members from other sites that don't want to be there anymore...and, well, any chance they'd get, they would talk dirt on the place.

And not only that, but it gives those owners a chance to continually bump their site up to the top of the page, and they won't even have to be posting here to do it...just log in, post something in that topic, and leave.

I don't know if that's necessarily a good thing. I did think about it for a while, though.

http://www.centerstagesports.com/forums/images/cssv2/header.png

Home Page: centerstagesports.com

Forums: centerstagesports.com/forums

Center Stage Sports is your place to be for intelligent sports talk. We offer various things to keep you busy ranging from NBA Sim League (restarting) to NBA 2K13 tourney's (PS3 and X-Box 360) to great sports discussion. We also recently opened our new homepage, and are currently looking for writers for the home page.

CSS opened up about 1 1/2 years ago and we currently have around 150 active members and are continuing to grow. The staff is committed to bringing you guys the best sports discussion on the internet.

We hope you guys come check us out and stick around.

www.centerstagesports.com/forums

There's the affiliation information. Real Deal, email me at masseyevan@yahoo.com if you have any questions or anything like that. Just sign up at CSS and send me a PM with the info you'd like on your affiliation post. My username there is Wrigley. Does that work for you?

That might be the bad thing about leaving it open. Usually, with affiliations, we get members from other sites that don't want to be there anymore...and, well, any chance they'd get, they would talk dirt on the place.

And not only that, but it gives those owners a chance to continually bump their site up to the top of the page, and they won't even have to be posting here to do it...just log in, post something in that topic, and leave.

I don't know if that's necessarily a good thing. I did think about it for a while, though.

Well you can always use you deleting and closing powers if its to far on the negative side. Personally think it would be good for the owners of other site to come by and say what recent improvements have been made, and for members to say what they think about the place and if they are members of the o0ther site what their names and shit is. Just the way i was looking at it.

I don't know how keen you are affiliating with another NBA forum but I'll be happy to link your site from us. We've got a links section, not a group of forums, it's only got one link because it's only just really been up and I haven't even promoted the feature or anything. But if you want I'm happy to link you guys up.

http://nbadimensions.net/forums/links.php

That's the page if you're interested in knowing where the link will be.

• Owner

I don't know how keen you are affiliating with another NBA forum but I'll be happy to link your site from us. We've got a links section, not a group of forums, it's only got one link because it's only just really been up and I haven't even promoted the feature or anything. But if you want I'm happy to link you guys up.

http://nbadimensions.net/forums/links.php

That's the page if you're interested in knowing where the link will be.

You know I'll swap links with you guys, haha.

Any chance you could somehow make a topic about the links section of the site? You don't necessarily have to make a topic for DiscussHoops, just the actual section, getting everyone to at least notice it's there and active.

I'll put your link up soon...but I'll need an image representing NBAD, and also a description (see the other topics in the affiliation section).