Vice Presidential Debate 2012

Cobb

• Owner

I'm shocked. I really thought Biden was going to hit rock bottom, but he's doing extremely well. Ryan's numbers aren't helping him out, and I think it's tough for him to defend an indecisive Romney at this point.

I'm shocked. I really thought Biden was going to hit rock bottom, but he's doing extremely well. Ryan's numbers aren't helping him out, and I think it's tough for him to defend an indecisive Romney at this point.

Yeah. I thought Ryan might win this debate, but after seeing Paul Ryan's he's a very corny and overrated politician. I'm not a huge Biden fan, but he's pretty funny and has some personality at least. Paul Ryan is a [expletive]ing bore.

Edited by JYD

• Owner

I was seriously waiting for Paul Ryan to turn into a vulture and fly off the stage.

There are a few of my friends that aren't so happy with Ryan (Republican friends)...and are kind of venting on Facebook right now, lol.

I don't know what to think of the debate. At time it seemed as Ryan couldn't really answer the questions directly (just like Obama), and went on a little tangent that had to do with the question at hand, but didn't really answer it directly.

Biden, just like Obama kept trying to use false information about taxes and spending cuts, and contented to try and use them as facts.

Not a great performance by Ryan, but everyone knows the VP debates don't mean much.

The one thing I really didn't like was that Biden would not shut his damn mouth while Ryan was speaking. He kept interrupting which was rude as hell.

Biden, just like Obama kept trying to use false information about taxes and spending cuts, and contented to try and use them as facts.

Although some of the 'facts' Biden used may have been over-exegerrated, most of them were pretty accurate. As far as taxes go, Romney has been proposing a 20% tax cut across the board (wealthy & middle class) which would cost 5 trillion dollars (4.8 is the exact number the studies find).

Although some of the 'facts' Biden used may have been over-exegerrated, most of them were pretty accurate. As far as taxes go, Romney has been proposing a 20% tax cut across the board (wealthy & middle class) which would cost 5 trillion dollars (4.8 is the exact number the studies find).

And, Dems want to act like the employment rates are good now compared to four years ago. However, when you look at the actual numbers, it's not even close, and that's not even mentioning the fudging of the numbers that the Dems have been doing.

This thread is about the VP debate, so I won't go any further into that, but Biden acted like a 12 year old kid last night, which was pretty embarrassing to watch.

I don't think Ryan gained many supporters, but I think Biden/Obama may have lost some.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCtemaHgjyA

This thread is about the VP debate, so I won't go any further into that, but Biden acted like a 12 year old kid last night, which was pretty embarrassing to watch.

NEC spin

Speaking of a 12 year old:

http://minus.com/jbvF4ItNqacsUx.jpg

I don't think Ryan gained many supporters

I agree, hard to gain supporters when your flimsy policies are exposed and you look like a fool at a debate.

I've never thought much of Joe Biden. But man, did he get it right in last night's debate, and not just because he walloped sniveling little Paul Ryan on the facts. What he got absolutely right, despite what you might read this morning (many outlets are criticizing Biden's dramatic excesses), was his tone. Biden did absolutely roll his eyes, snort, laugh derisively and throw his hands up in the air whenever Ryan trotted out his little beady-eyed BS-isms.

But he should have! He was absolutely right to be doing it. We all should be doing it. That includes all of us in the media, and not just paid obnoxious-opinion-merchants like me, but so-called "objective" news reporters as well. We should all be rolling our eyes, and scoffing and saying, "Come back when you're serious."

The load of balls that both Romney and Ryan have been pushing out there for this whole election season is simply not intellectually serious. Most of their platform isn't even a real platform, it's a fourth-rate parlor trick designed to paper over the real agenda – cutting taxes even more for super-rich dickheads like Mitt Romney, and getting everyone else to pay the bill.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/blogs/taibblog/the-vice-presidential-debate-joe-biden-was-right-to-laugh-20121012

Edited by iMan

NEC spin

Speaking of a 12 year old:

http://minus.com/jbvF4ItNqacsUx.jpg

I agree, hard to gain supporters when your flimsy policies are exposed and you look like a fool at a debate.

Oh, you mean like Obama flat out lying about the "five trillion dollar tax cut" that he's been trying to base on a study whose author has come out and said Obama is misusing his research/study? :lol: .

Edited by EastCoastNiner

And on that day, no sense was made.

lol at simpleton, aspect should be concept, statement still makes no dollars or sense.

Employed fact checkers: 27 lies in 38 minutes. Strong platform.

Fudging unemployment numbers.

Claiming the country is in a better position than four years ago with worse unemployment.

Complete control for years.

Couldn't get shit done.

Somehow that's good enough for you.

Look at what he has turned the VP debate into, I guess he's finally realizing that Biden whooped that bitch ass Ryan around the other day. He's also ignoring the Romney lies by throwing out some conjecture and going on the Obama attack.

Monreal typical. My platform? Mudslinging! lulz

You still haven't addressed Romney's 27 lies in 38 minutes at the first debate. Until you do, keep that debate at bay and talk about this one.

Can any of you liberal sheep tell me why Obama didn't call out Romney on those lies, nor did the moderator? Oh, maybe because they weren't all lies.

It's funny how even liberal stations admit Obama was owned, yet all liberals can do is say "Romney lied. but we really don't know how, and we'll use false information while we're at it"!

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/319046_496027593748388_890941128_n.jpg

So, once again, if Obama is such an intelligent person, why wasn't Romney called out on those "lies" during the debate?

*Yes, I know this is the VP thread, but I'll post here until the next debate as this thread is more recent*

Edited by EastCoastNiner