2012 ALCS: Detroit vs. New York

Cobb

http://mlb.mlb.com/images/logos/80x80/det.png vs. http://mlb.mlb.com/images/logos/80x80/nyy.png

Probable Pitching Matchups:

Game 1 (Saturday 10/13, 8:00 PM ET at Yankee Stadium): Doug Fister vs. Andy Pettitte

Game 2 (Sunday 10/14, 4:00 PM ET at Yankee Stadium): Anibal Sanchez vs. TBA

Game 3 (Tuesday 10/16, 8:00 PM ET at Comerica Park): TBA vs. Justin Verlander

Game 4 (Wednesday 10/17, 8:00 PM ET at Comerica Park): TBA vs. Max Scherzer

Game 5* (Thursday 10/18, 4:00 PM ET at Comerica Park)

Game 6* (Saturday 10/20, 8:00 PM ET at Yankee Stadium)

Game 7* (Sunday 10/21, 8:00 PM ET at Yankee Stadium)

*= If Necessary

All games will be broadcasted on TBS.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm rooting for New York because I really don't like the Tigers. I think the series will be close just like last year when the played in the ALDS. I'll give the series to New York in 6. Verlander won't be able to impact the series as much, and I don't trust their other starters like I trust Pettitte and Kuroda.

Who goes in for Swisher and who goes in for Granderson

Wasn't saying that we pinch-hit for them. I was making two separate points: for Girardi to not PH Chavez and for fans to recognize that they are really overdoing it with making A-Rod the scapegoat.

That said, I stand firm on the idea of our using Gardner in place of Granderson. Curtis' at-bats are AWFUL I would take Gardner with his single-digit number of at-bats since the spring over Grandy in a heartbeat.

Edited by octoberGR8NESS

Well there's a clear replacement for A-Rod, and he makes more money than Curtis and Swisher (and Chavez) combined. He's a scapegoat because better is expected and we've gotten this level of play from him before, unfortunately.

Gardner hasn't played in months and hasn't played center in years. Now's the time to mess with it? Granderson is instant runs if/when he connects, which he has on occasion this postseason (and the final month of the year). Alex hasn't, and Gardner hasn't played.

Alex Rodriguez makes the most money on the team and has produced the least (along with Cano and Swish) this postseason run so far. He deserves every single ounce of criticism he gets.

Fun fact: Granderson's .158 AVG was 5th best on the team during DS play. LOL.

A-Rod got BABIP'd earlier in the game. And what's the point of starting him if you're going to pluck him out of his plate appearance in the final innings and continue to mess with his head? To bring his contract into it is almost five years old. We knew that it was an awful deal immediately when Hank Steinbrenner decided to champion Boras and Rodriguez in '07. I see no purpose in booing him as a result of it.

Yes, I would take the risk of placing Gardner in CF. It's not like we're losing spectacular defense by taking out Granderson. Curtis looked the same way today that he did during his 1-16 over the first four games of last series. He's connected once, and outside of that, he hasn't hit anything especially well.

The purpose of starting him is to hope he gets going. When he doesn't, they hope someone else can.

Because his contract is a few years old he's free of criticism? He opted out for heaps more money and now isn't performing. He deserves criticism.

Didn't realize you were such a Fraud fanboy. ZERO excuses should be made. Mess with his head? He's a grown man making hundreds of millions of dollars playing a game. He needs to sack up.

Edited by iMan

The purpose of starting him is to hope he gets going. When he doesn't, they hope someone else can.

I honestly don't think they stick in Chavez if that ball gets past Peralta in the first inning and scores two.

Because his contract is a few years old he's free of criticism? He opted out for heaps more money and now isn't performing. He deserves criticism.

He isn't free of criticism. But are we really going to jump at every opportunity to rip the guy apart? The contract was an awful idea. Hank is a moron for succumbing to A-Rod's demands. Everyone should've known that the second it happened. No one should be shocked that his power numbers and bat speed have both declined significantly at age 37. It makes no sense to me that we keep bringing a ten-year deal up that has long been considered a failure as reason to attack someone anymore than anyone else who is playing like garbage right now. When he's 42, do we continue to boo him? It makes more sense to view him through the same scope as everyone else whose hitting is abysmal right now. I expect more from Cano than from A-Rod and he is rolling over a hell of a lot of pitches.

Didn't realize you were such a Fraud fanboy. ZERO excuses should be made. Mess with his head? He's a grown man making hundreds of millions of dollars playing a game. He needs to sack up.

And if he doesn't? We're just going to accept the bad results and continue to point fingers at him even if the bad decision is on Girardi? The reality is Jeter may very well have had trouble not falling apart had the Yankees dropped him in the lineup in the 2010 regular season, and that move would've actually been justified.

It's going to be interesting to see if the Yankees can hit a legitimate home run when they go to Comerica Park, and none of these short, poverty home runs.

This isn't the first time the Yankees will be playing on the road.

And to be fair, Delmon Young also hit a "cheapy" yesterday.

This isn't the first time the Yankees will be playing on the road.

And to be fair, Delmon Young also hit a "cheapy" yesterday.

I'm aware. It's not just the Yankees that hit them, but they sure as hell benefit from them more than any team, especially when you play half of your games at that Stadium.

It's not even much of an anti-Yankees comments as it is an anti-stadium comment. I just don't like that stadium at all.

I'm aware. It's not just the Yankees that hit them, but they sure as hell benefit from them more than any team, especially when you play half of your games at that Stadium.

It's not even much of an anti-Yankees comments as it is an anti-stadium comment. I just don't like that stadium at all.

They benefit more when it comes to team power numbers, but in terms of wins and losses, it's the same venue for both teams. Of course, if the Yankees put together a team that produces a lot of well-hit fly balls, they'll have an advantage over select teams. But you could say that about any venue with its specific features. The Red Sox both benefit from and get screwed over by their wall heights, their awkward dimensions, and the Pesky Pole.

I'm fine with the dimensions, but I do hate a whole lot of other things about Yankee Stadium.

Edited by octoberGR8NESS