2012 ALCS: Detroit vs. New York

Cobb

I honestly don't think they stick in Chavez if that ball gets past Peralta in the first inning and scores two.

Probably not. They're dying for him to come up with a clutch hit, but a ground out is not a 2 RBI hit. It's a groundout. Find a gap, dude.

He isn't free of criticism. But are we really going to jump at every opportunity to rip the guy apart? The contract was an awful idea. Hank is a moron for succumbing to A-Rod's demands. Everyone should've known that the second it happened. No one should be shocked that his power numbers and bat speed have both declined significantly at age 37. It makes no sense to me that we keep bringing a ten-year deal up that has long been considered a failure as reason to attack someone anymore than anyone else who is playing like garbage right now. When he's 42, do we continue to boo him? It makes more sense to view him through the same scope as everyone else whose hitting is abysmal right now. I expect more from Cano than from A-Rod and he is rolling over a hell of a lot of pitches.

We continue to boo him as long as he plays like dogshit. It's that simple. If you don't get why he's booed so fiercely it's because you're intentionally looking the other way.

If Kobe, Pau, and Jamison all shoot 25% in a playoff series, who do you think shoulders a majority of the blame? It's Kobe, and rightfully so.

And if he doesn't? We're just going to accept the bad results and continue to point fingers at him even if the bad decision is on Girardi? The reality is Jeter may very well have had trouble not falling apart had the Yankees dropped him in the lineup in the 2010 regular season, and that move would've actually been justified.

Accept bad results? No, we loathe the bad results.

How is any of this on Girardi? A-Rod has what, 2 hits this postseason? That's on him, not the coach. Coach isn't telling him to look at two pitches down the cock and then wave at one outside. Coach doesn't tell him to (incorrectly) guess pitches. Coach sees a player performing like Clay Bellinger and handles him accordingly. $29M Clay Bellinger, that is.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol you have Jayson Nix playing SS, he's faster? tbh I don't know much about Nix but really? lol

He's faster, more agile, has played the position in the past 5 years, more nimble, far better range.. he's easily the better choice in the field

This is fact, but to say "not the umps fault blame the pitcher" is silly when it was clearly an umpire error lol

nah i'm just saying that the fans can only bitch if the yankees score. if the tiggers shut em out, it doesn't make a difference, although i guess you could argue momentum. still an awful call and really turns the sport into a joke since there is no replay

You didn't answer my question.

Does the inning end 1-0?

Your question is irrelevant, no point in answering it, call was blown, move on and make the next play, don;t turn around give up 2 hits and say it's your fault this happened...

Edited by fish7718